PDA

View Full Version : Prophet(3.5 Base Class)(PEACH)(WIP)

Madara
2013-05-26, 03:29 PM
Prophet
"Who do I fight for? I do not fight, I teach." - Dkenhan, Gnoll Prophet

The prophet servers their god not through the war-like ways of the Paladin, nor the Champion Cleric, but rather through their words, gathering new followers to their path. This class is rarely seen in urban communities, as Prophets usually work for faiths that don't already have a strong following. Among the races, the Prophet is found in monstrous races, providing the strict codes of their monstrous and lesser known gods.

Prophet
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special |0lvl|1st|2nd|3rd|4th|5th|6th

1st|+0|+0|+0|+2|Revelation, Spellcasting, Domains|6|3|—|—|—|—|—

2nd|+1|+0|+0|+3||6|4|—|—|—|—|—

3rd|+1|+1|+1|+3|Revelation|6|5|3|—|—|—|—

4th|+2|+1|+1|+4|Negotiator|6|6|4|—|—|—|—

5th|+2|+1|+1|+4|Revelation|6|6|5|—|—|—|—

6th|+3|+2|+2|+5||6|6|5|3|—|—|—

7th|+3|+2|+2|+5|Revelation|6|6|6|4|—|—|—

8th|+4|+2|+2|+6||6|6|6|5|—|—|—

9th|+4|+3|+3|+6|Revelation|6|6|6|5|3|—|—

10th|+5|+3|+3|+7|Nature of the Avatar|6|6|6|6|4|—|—

11th|+5|+3|+3|+7|Revelation|6|6|6|6|5|—|—

12th|+6/+1|+4|+4|+8||6|6|6|6|5|3|—

13th|+6/+1|+4|+4|+8|Revelation|6|6|6|6|6|4|—

14th|+7/+2|+4|+4|+9||6|6|6|6|6|5|—

15th|+7/+2|+5|+5|+9|Revelation|6|6|6|6|6|5|3

16th|+8/+3|+5|+5|+10||6|6|6|6|6|6|4

17th|+8/+3|+5|+5|+10|Revelation|6|6|6|6|6|6|5

18th|+9/+4|+6|+6|+11||6|6|6|6|6|6|6

19th|+9/+4|+6|+6|+11|Revelation|6|6|6|6|6|6|6

20th|+10/+5|+6|+6|+12|Thesis|6|6|6|6|6|6|6

[/table]
Alignment: Any
Hit Die: 1d4

Class Skills: Bluff, Diplomacy, Heal, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (Religion), Knowledge(The Planes), Knowledge(Local) Listen, Perform, Ride, Sense Motive, Speak Language, Spellcraft, and Spot.

Skill Points at 1st Level: (4 + Int modifier) Χ 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Weapon and Armor proficiency: A Prophet is Proficient with 4 Simple Weapons of his choice, and the favorite weapon of his diety. Prophets are only proficient with Leather Armor.

Spellcasting:

A Prophet casts Divine spells which are drawn from the Cleric, Druid, and Bard spell lists. A Prophet must choose and prepare his spells ahead of time (see below).

A prophet can learn a spell from either an Archevist's Prayerbook, another Prophet(Of the same god or religion), or a scroll containing a spell from any of those three classes. At first level, a Prophet starts with 4 0 level spells from any of the lists, and 2+Cha 1st level spells from any one of the lists. In addition to those added in the standard means, a Prophet adds 2 new spells of a level they can cast to their prayerbook at each new level.

To learn, prepare, or cast a spell, the wizard must have an Charisma score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Prophet’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the Prophet's Charisma modifier.

Like other spellcasters, a Prophet can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: The Prophet. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Charisma score.

Unlike a bard or sorcerer, a Prophet may know any number of spells. He must choose and prepare his spells ahead of time by getting a good night’s sleep and spending 1 hour studying his Prayerbook. While studying, the Prophet decides which spells to prepare.

Domains: A Prophet gains access to two domains of their choice at first level, as a Cleric, and adds those domain spells to their prayerbook at level one. They also gain the Domain abilities for both domains.

Negotiator: At fourth level, the Prophet gains the Negotiator feat as a bonus feat.

Revelation: At first level, and every four levels thereafter, the Prophet gains one of the following abilities. If they choose an ability multiple times, that ability can be used one extra time per day.

Divine Grace: 1+Cha times per day, the Prophet can add 1d6 to any ally's roll, or their AC for one turn.

Fufilling Spell: 1+Cha times per day(Max Class level/2), the Prophet can spontaneously turn one of their prepared spells into a more effective spell. This spell is cast at +1 CL and acts as if it were one spell level higher, but does not require a higher slot to cast.

Righteous Vengence: Choose one ally, they can make an attack of opprotunity against the last opponent that attacked them, if the enemy is within 5ft. You can use this ability 2 times per day.

Ritual: By spending 1 hour chanting, you can enhance one individual to do your faith's work. Select one 1st level spell with a duration greater or equal to minutes/level. This spell affects the selected target for the next 24 hours.

Healing Burst: You gain the ability to expend a spell slot to heal 1d8 points of damage per level of the slot expended to all allies within a 5ft. radius. This grows to a 10ft. radius if taken multiple times.

Compell: The Prophet begins to gain an aura of enlightenment. They can use the Command ability, as the spell, at will. Once they have used this ability, they cannot use it again for 1d4 rounds. The save DC for this ability is 13+Cha.

Inspire: The Prophet can make a Perform(Oratory) check to use Inspire Courage as a Bard equal to his level-4(Min 1)

Aura of Divine Courage: All allies within 30ft. of you gain a +4 bonus to Will saves.

Rebuke: As a Standard action, you can designate one enemy within 100ft. who must make a fortitude save(13+Cha) or take 2d6 subdual damage.

Smite: You must already have the rebuke Revaltion to take this Revalation. By taking a full-round action, you can designate a target for Lightning to strike. This Lightning does 1d6 damage/2 levels. Once you have used this ability, you cannot use it again for 1 hour. In addition, the lightning cannot strike anyone underground, or within shelter, and will instead damage the object above the target. It does full damage against objects.

Skill Focus: Choose one skill that has Charisma as its modifying ability, you gain Skill focus for that skill as a bonus feat.

Thesis: At level 20, the Prophet gains the Outsider type, DR 5/-, SR 20, and a +2 permanent increase to Wis, Dex, and Con. In addition, the Prophet can use Scrying At-Will as a spell-like ability.

TheLonelyScribe
2013-05-26, 04:06 PM
Nice concept! I like the idea that they are there for the establishment of emerging religions. However, if they're loyally championing the cause of their particular God, it might make more sense to give them a more limited spell list and perhaps some class abilities related to divine revelation and miracles.

ngilop
2013-05-26, 05:12 PM
I have to agree with scribe on this. a more limited spell list whilst giving them some prophet-esque divinationa bilities seem to fit in my mind at least the feel of a Prophet.

Revelations are a cool concept and Id like for you to expand upon the 4 you already have, maybe increasing them upward to 8 or even 10 different ones)

aslo for inspire bard level -1 is not even noticeable. either get rid of that altogether or actually make it meaningful like bard level -4 (minim 1) that way youd be behind 1 'rank' of inspire courage in regard to the actual bard.

Divine shield also does not make mush sense to me, now you just gave a divine spell focused caster a studley awesome AC bonus for really no justifyable reason ( at least it seems that way to me, divine shield would fit better on a paladin chassis I would think not a priest chassis)

Madara
2013-05-27, 10:26 AM
Nice concept! I like the idea that they are there for the establishment of emerging religions. However, if they're loyally championing the cause of their particular God, it might make more sense to give them a more limited spell list and perhaps some class abilities related to divine revelation and miracles.

Fair enough, to be honest, I was in a bit of a hurry to finish this yesterday, and the spell list needs to be more fleshed out. I just was looking for a way to represent that they
A. Will use a prayerbook
B. Will have Divine spells from lists besides the cleric

I have to agree with scribe on this. a more limited spell list whilst giving them some prophet-esque divinationa bilities seem to fit in my mind at least the feel of a Prophet.

Revelations are a cool concept and Id like for you to expand upon the 4 you already have, maybe increasing them upward to 8 or even 10 different ones)

aslo for inspire bard level -1 is not even noticeable. either get rid of that altogether or actually make it meaningful like bard level -4 (minim 1) that way youd be behind 1 'rank' of inspire courage in regard to the actual bard.

Divine shield also does not make mush sense to me, now you just gave a divine spell focused caster a studley awesome AC bonus for really no justifyable reason ( at least it seems that way to me, divine shield would fit better on a paladin chassis I would think not a priest chassis)

Yeah, its a work in progress. I'm not a huge fan of homebrewing spellcasters, prefering to work up non-vacian systems, but seeing as I desperately need my Gnoll Prophet, I'll be sticking with spells.

The Reason I'm giving it a divine shield is because the chasis will have no armor proficiency, but prehaps I'll make it an Armor Bonus to counter the use of armor on the class.

I'm still trying to work up some new stuff, and it'll take awhile to get it where I want the class to be, but at least I'll have a Cha based divine caster that serves my needs.

Just to Browse
2013-05-27, 10:59 AM
So this is an archivist with small bonuses to AC and hit...

Yes, this is functional, but can't you simulate this identically with a regular archivist and some buff spells?

LordErebus12
2013-05-27, 11:21 AM
I like it, rather like the archivist.

Check your spelling on Revelation (spelled as revalation)

Madara
2013-05-27, 11:26 AM
ok, its getting there. I think I'm happy with the abilities and such, I just need to work up a good spell list in the spirit of classes like the Dread Necromancer and the Beguiler.