PDA

View Full Version : [PFS] Help Optimize my Negative Energy Cleric

Jaraak
2013-05-26, 11:32 PM
Hai guys! Just want a little critique on my cleric I'm building for a PFS game. Starting level one.

Cleric of Calistria with Luck and Trickery domain.
- Bit of Luck = awesomesauce
- Copycat = awesomesauce defensiveness / invisibility

Cha > Wis > Con > Dex > Int > Str

Basically wanting to be a buff/heal/aoe bot.

Feats I've taken so far are: Selective Channeling, Command Undead
Next Feats: Versatile Channeling (positive), Improved Channeling.

Traits: Dangerously Curious (UMD as class skill), +1 to Channel DC's.

So the idea is to go invisible to Bit of Luck/buff/heal, I'll likely get a Shield Other going with the tank so I can heal him at range if neccesary whilst using BoL on the glass cannot for extra pew-pew. Then aoe bomb my 6-7 Channels into the enemies to soften them up whilst using copycat to mitigate the hate I'm about to receive.

I will likely command undead, when given the chance, but it will depend on the alignment/inclination of the party on the day. I dont want to ruffle any paladin feathers, after all.

So what I need is
- some feat suggestions
- spell suggestions (keep it to level 3 spells or less) remember I have UMD so dont just need cleric spells
- possible tactics
- low level magic item suggestions
- any general advice

Also! I'm human. Stats are Str 10, Dex 12, Con 13, Wis 14, Int 10, Cha 18.

Thanks in advance!!

Jaraak
2013-05-28, 05:03 AM
Also, does anyone know of the best way to get Blood Money (to avoid onyx cost in PFS games) into this build? I dont really want to blow a level on wizard/sorc/witch/magus to do it. I'm also aware that a wand of Blood Money would be a -standard- action to cast.

So! I need to either:

a) Get Blood Money on my spell list
b) Get a free standard action or spell off

I could use a scroll/wand of blood money as a standard and then bang out a rod of quicken lesser to animate dead but the rod alone is 33k.

Ideas?

Jaraak
2013-05-30, 12:25 AM
Ok! So that leaves me with a 1 level dip in Wizard/Sorc, Witch or Magus. Despite my low intelligence I am leaning towards the Wizard dip because:

Divination (Forsight)
Utility (Can pick a variety of Wizard 1 spells)
Familiar
Spell Focus (Necromancy? : preq for Undead Master)

Nothing that overly synergizes well but will give me a few extra boons to offset the -1 CL to Cleric and Channel Energy.

Suggestions?

Waitingnomad
2013-05-30, 08:48 AM
You might want to consider the Tomb Tainted Soul feat, or the Necropolitan augmented human template. TTS allows you to be healed by negative energy and harmed by positive energy as if you were undead. Becoming a Necropolitan is a LA+0 template that loses you a level (as if you died), but brings you back with a complete undead template- null Con, immunity to mind-affecting effects and most saves requiring a Fort save, fast healing and healed by negative energy/hurt by positive; the works.

Also consider having a look at K's Necromancer Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5584.0), which should tell you most of what you need to know. Items that increase your turning are your friend, as your turning doubles as your rebuking.

Also, be reminded that double/multiple posting is discouraged by forum rules (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1)

Vastly
2013-05-30, 09:28 AM
@Waitingnomad Unfortunately I don't think anything you've suggested is available to him due to him playing PFS (Pathfinder Society) which limits the materials and options available to players.

Jaraak

I don't have a ton of advice, as my experience with this type of character is limited.

One way to get your blood money spell would be to follow the Eldritch Heritage route. Get Skill Focus (Any Knowledge), grab Eldritch Heritage (Arcane) and then Improved Eldritch Heritage (Arcane) at level 11. This would allow you to add any wizard/sorcerer spell to your spells known. It's a hefty investment, requiring 3 feats and it doesn't payoff until level 11, but you stay a full cleric and you get a familiar.

So the question becomes, what is more valuable to you, 3 feats or full cleric caster progression + a familiar?

As for items I'd suggest getting a Phylactery of Negative Channeling for 11,000gp (Ultimate Equipment, pg 252).

Jaraak
2013-06-04, 04:30 AM
Thanks for the suggestion Vastly. Definitely a viable option, though I think a 3 feat sacrifice for 1 caster level is quite steep. It is good to know that option is open, however.

Also, if I wait until level 11 I may be able to afford a quicken rod (lesser) by then and simply use a scroll to cast Blood Money then quicken an animate dead.

Thanks for the input though!