PDA

View Full Version : [PF P6] Wizard optimization?

Hyler
2013-05-27, 08:42 AM
(P6 is E6 for Pathfinder, basically you stop leveling at level 6 and then get an extra feat every 5000XP)

I'm a newb at optimization so please bear with me. I'm making an elf wizard who's starting at level 1. Which ability score set looks best in your opinion? These are after racial modifiers, all suggestions are welcome.

STR 7, DEX 19, CON 12, INT 20, WIS 8, CHA 7. (I'd put my level 4 ability score bonus to dex)

STR 7, DEX 18, CON 12, INT 19, WIS 14, CHA 7. (I'd put my level 4 ability score bonus to int)

Thanks in advance.

Squirrel_Dude
2013-05-27, 09:03 AM
The second stat array looks better than the first. I'd recommend a slight alteration on it. Level 4 bonus to int.

STR 7 DEX 16 CON 14 INT 19 WIS 14 CHA 7

As for optimization. Be a conjurer or an illusionist. They have the most versatility in spell application. Like in 3.5, conjuration has only gotten even sweeter over time (mmmm pit spells, mmmm snowball, mmmm everything before)

Feats
Level 1: Improved Initiative
Level 3: Spell Focus (conjuration)
Level 5: Augment Summoning
Level 5 Bonus:

Take advantage of the snowball (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/snowball) spell to do damage and stagger enemies. You'll only have 3 levels of spells, but that is plenty with conjuration.

Definitely ban necromancy because it's not really useful yet. Ban evocation after that. All the things aren't immune to enchantment by level 6.