PDA

View Full Version : Character Advice

questionmark693
2013-05-27, 11:49 AM
So a couple of things off the bat. This group is probably not gonna break level ten before I have to move, so high level stuff is sort of less relevant. Also, the other two players have been playing D&D for about four months-so I don't need to be able to keep up whatsoever, I already kinda outshine the party wizard, with a swordsage :smallsmile:

So what I'm looking for is stuff to do to make my character fun to play, while keeping him mechanically viable...and are there any pitfalls I'm not seeing in advance if that makes sense.

So far, my character is a level two swordsage. Feats are Spellfire Wielder (it's a forgotten realms thing), Improved Unarmed Strike, and Weapon Finesse.
At level three, I'm going to (with DM permission) retrain the IUS for a feat whose name I forget, but it's ToB and it gives Dex to damage, and I'll be starting a two level monk dip. Then I intend to take the PrC Shadow Sun Ninja (also from ToB).
I was looking at going two weapon fighting, but I hear a lot of negative in that area. What do you guys think?

FleshrakerAbuse
2013-05-27, 01:03 PM
So a couple of things off the bat. This group is probably not gonna break level ten before I have to move, so high level stuff is sort of less relevant. Also, the other two players have been playing D&D for about four months-so I don't need to be able to keep up whatsoever, I already kinda outshine the party wizard, with a swordsage :smallsmile:

So what I'm looking for is stuff to do to make my character fun to play, while keeping him mechanically viable...and are there any pitfalls I'm not seeing in advance if that makes sense.

So far, my character is a level two swordsage. Feats are Spellfire Wielder (it's a forgotten realms thing), Improved Unarmed Strike, and Weapon Finesse.
At level three, I'm going to (with DM permission) retrain the IUS for a feat whose name I forget, but it's ToB and it gives Dex to damage, and I'll be starting a two level monk dip. Then I intend to take the PrC Shadow Sun Ninja (also from ToB).
I was looking at going two weapon fighting, but I hear a lot of negative in that area. What do you guys think?

Two-weapon fighting with the swordsage isn't a bad idea. Using kukris or oversized twf with scimitars and becoming a crit-fisher build with tiger claw is really fun.