PDA

View Full Version : Micro Goblins [Race, PEACH]

Mithril Leaf
2013-05-27, 02:01 PM
Micro Goblin
Micro goblins are rather odd creatures, their relationship to normal goblins being somewhat like that of halflings to normal humans. Long ago a small group of goblins were enslaved by a kobold warren ruled by a very powerful dragonwrought sorcerer. The tunnels of the kobolds were sized for tiny creatures, and the goblins were unable to move easily in the cramped space. Because of the unstable natural of goblin genetics, within a few generations these slaves had become tiny and a little humbled, a rather nice change of pace from the typical goblin personality. Eventually some of them escaped from their slavers and formed a small colony which spread to some parts of the world. Although they are by no means common, they aren't especially rare either. Most villages nowadays are small farming communities hidden somewhere out of the way.

Personality: A micro goblin's personality is usually only vaguely reminiscent of their progenitor race. Many generation of servitude served to dull the edge of the renowned goblin cruelty. Micro goblins are still a bit vain and self centered, but much more content to live and let live. It's an attitude that helps when you're only a foot tall and most civilized races hate the guts of your great great great grandfather. They typically fall into the neutral range, although outliers most certainly exist.

Physical Description: A micro goblins look like a typical Goblin, but much smaller. Typically only a foot and three or four inches tall, they don't even possess much muscle mass for their size. Unlike typical goblins, their dark green skin is rather smooth and they usually don't have much in the way of piercings or tattoos. Additionally, they developed slightly padded feet in the warrens, to avoid waking their vicious masters when they slumbered.

Relations: Most civilized races that know of them are rather indifferent to the typical micro goblin as long as they aren't found scoping out houses. Races that possess a natural animosity to goblinoids aren't too fond of them either, although they may be tolerated in dwarven communities if they keep to established trading locations. Overall, they aren't loved, but nobody actively wants to kill them either. The exception to this is kobolds, who they possess a racial animosity towards. Most kobolds are of the belief that they make excellent slaves, already being predisposed to warren life.

Alignment: Typically true neutral, micro goblins are just trying to make their way in the world. It isn't too rare to see micro goblins of any given alignment though.

Languages: A micro goblin automatically knows common and goblin. They frequently pick up local languages for trading if they possess bonus languages.

Micro Goblin Racial Traits
*-4 Str, +4 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Wis: A micro goblin is even more agile than the typical goblin, and possess common sense that was unearthed during their period of slavery. However, they are both weak and frail, their bodies didn't take the rapid shrinking especially well.
*Tiny: As tiny creatures micro goblins possess +2 AC, -8 to grapple checks, and a +8 bonus to hide. Their carrying capacity is 1/2 that of medium creatures.
*20 foot base speed.
*Darkvision out to 60 feet.
*Humanoid (Goblinoid)
*+4 racial bonus to move silently: Their padded feet cushion their steps.
*+2 racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds. The racial hatred developed at the same pace as their decrease in stature.
*Automatic Languages: Common and Goblin. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Giant, Gnoll, Orc.
*Favored Class: Bow Shaper (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277806)

So I made a race. Since goblins get precisely no love, I'd like to rectify that. Give me any thoughts you have.

Mithril Leaf
2013-05-29, 11:37 PM
Anyone feel like giving me any criticism or comments?

gurgleflep
2013-05-30, 12:33 AM
I'd give them darkvision out to sixty feet and use the goblin's racial languages, other than that it's all good :smallsmile:

Mithril Leaf
2013-05-30, 12:47 AM
I'd give them darkvision out to sixty feet and use the goblin's racial languages, other than that it's all good :smallsmile:

Valid points, done and done. Can't believe I forgot darkvision.

gurgleflep
2013-05-30, 02:15 AM
Valid points, done and done. Can't believe I forgot darkvision.

I'm glad I could be of help:smallsmile:

Bhu
2013-06-03, 11:09 PM
I like it. Goblins do so get some love I have an entire couple of threads devoted to them and Orcs.