PDA

View Full Version : Fundamentals of a Tactical battle (PF)

AsheItachi
2013-05-27, 09:31 PM
:elan: Ok so I am running a 5 vs 5 with a freind of PC characters we are making for level 10 characters.

:cool: I am trying to weigh the pros and cons of this test. We like the idea of starting out an open battlefield.

:wink: Is there any situations that would make one class way overpowered compared to the other.

:tongue: Would there be any suggestions you would put to help us keep it balanced.

:vaarsuvius: We are limiting it to one class per pc , like not 5 summoners and what not.

Kudaku
2013-05-27, 09:59 PM
Small cramped areas or areas with lots of cover/ways to break line of sight will favor melee classes somewhat.

Wide open areas with minimal cover and/or ways to break line of sight will favor ranged classes and most spellcasters.

An area with a very high or no roof will, again, favor ranged classes and most spellcasters.

Starting distance can be quite important - 30 feet is well within comfortable charging distance, for instance.

There have been a fair few "arena fight" type threads on this forum, you could get some inspiration by looking them up and see how they handle the arena :smallsmile:

AsheItachi
2013-05-27, 10:03 PM
Small cramped areas or areas with lots of cover/ways to break line of sight will favor melee classes somewhat.

Wide open areas with minimal cover and/or ways to break line of sight will favor ranged classes and most spellcasters.

An area with a very high or no roof will, again, favor ranged classes and most spellcasters.

Starting distance can be quite important - 30 feet is well within comfortable charging distance, for instance.

There have been a fair few "arena fight" type threads on this forum, you could get some inspiration by looking them up and see how they handle the arena :smallsmile:

neat thanks i will look into them

AttilaTheGeek
2013-05-28, 07:11 PM
There needs to be a height limit- I'd recommend 60' or so. Otherwise, casters can just Fly arbitrarily high.