PDA

View Full Version : Mystical Johto

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-27, 10:59 PM
Johto, land of Sorcery and Culture. Where the past meets the present and magic fights to stay relevant in an ever increasingly technological world. The winds of change have begun to stir in this volatile land. Whispers of a criminal organization arsing in the east in Kanto. Climate of Johto has been irregular, to say the least. Mystics and Scientists alike worry what is causing these changes, and what will become of them.

But life goes on. Professor Oak, the dutiful scholar, has taken on the Johto region in providing starter pokemon to aspiring youngsters. Even for the prestigious Oak, being in two places at once wasn't possible. He frequently enlists his friend and close associate known simply as Mr. Pokemon to deliver starters in his stead.

This is where we find our heroes (and heroine). The term used lightly, four individuals converge on Cherrygrove City to meet Mr. Pokemon, and start their journey.

Dwayne
The wind was brisk on the deck of the S.S. Lily. In the distance you see Cherrygrove silhouetted on the dark skyline. A storm was fast approaching the small city, that much was for sure. A call from the captain and the boat changes course towards the docks.

Ten minutes later, the boat was docked, the water beneath it choppy. The wind had nearly doubled in the short time. A gangplank was placed down for you and the other passengers. In this wind, how safe could it be?
This is all fluff, you don't need any checks or anything.

Nathan
Your journey through Route 30 was uneventful, but the approach of the storm was obvious. The morning in Violet City was clear and bright, by noon the sky was grey and now? Now it was pitch black. Ominous clouds loomed to the north. The storm would be over Violet City by now.

A gust of wind bellows at your back, your prayer beads around your neck jingle delightfully, adding a note of joy in the somber setting.

Vivian
You had set out from Ecruteak with a convoy a few days ago toward Cherrygrove. It was rather smooth sailing the way there. Skies clear, wilds were tame and bandits left you alone. You left the convoy in Violet City, where you headed south towards Cherrygrove. The road was peaceful, but the wind was steadily increasing in intensity.

A shiver runs down your spine. You were used to darkness. But this wasn't right. The sky was far too dark, far too quickly. You enter Cherrygrove, a drop of water hitting your head. Rain too?

'Pitch'
You were used to moving from city to city without been noticed. Eluding the Rangers was easy enough thus far. But this venture was a risk. You wanted to be particularly cautious here. Route 30 was peaceful, the wilds sickeningly sweet. But the main gate was not your goal.

Circumventing the gate took some time. Going to the west, you come along the shoreline, Cherrygrove docks just on the horizon. You wade into the chilled salt water, your hair standing on end at the cold. A stray Tentacool appeared, seeming to be concerned for you. With little thought, your dull blade sinks into its forehead. Its tentacles quiver but once before its life passes. Seeing an opportunity, the jellybag becomes an impromptu flotation device.

You spend a good hour paddling towards Cherrygrove. When you entered the water, the sky was clear and the wind fair. But by the time you reached the docks, the wind had become sheer and the sky black as your namesake. By now the Tentacool's body was mangled. It served you no further use, letting it sink into the sea. Grabbing onto the docks you pull your self up, nearly being dragged back down as a wave crashes into you.

Boom! Game start! You all would have been told that you could find Mr. Pokemon in the Town Square (near the Center) and to report to him at 5 pm. Its currently around 4, so you can mill about or get right to him (your choice).

Arcran
2013-05-27, 11:10 PM
Pitch climbs out of the sea, flipping his knife back. So this was Cherrygrove. Small town. Those were always unfortunate. Closer knit. Less poeple met more communication. He'd stick out like a sore thumb compared to Goldenrod.

He checks his belt, not out of any particular attachment to the Pokemon, but more to make sure it hadn't fell off in the ocean. Still there. Good. He checks his other hip. Shock collar trigger. Still there. Good.

He waits in the water for a second, washing off whatever residual Tentacool slime may be attached to him. He pulls himself out, frowning at his wet clothes. Unfortunate, but that's the price he has to pay.

He lies on the beach for about fifteen minutes, or until he's dry. After that, he heads into town, putting his knife into his pocket. One hand always drifts close to the Pokeball. His eyes are calculating, sizing up every passerby. Detectives, cops, all of them. A spark of recognition is a bad thing.

Slowly and carefully, he heads towards Mr. Pokemon's. The sooner he's gone, the better.

KujiUn
2013-05-27, 11:20 PM
Dwayne looks around, scanning the horizon while the gangplank was being lowered. "Terr, thoughts?"

~You didn't pack enough beef jerky!~ Terr diles all around. ~How am I supposed to eat, if you don't bring enough jerky!~

Dwayne nods. "Agreed." But he continues looking out to the sky, staring off to the distance. Terr tries to gather as much attention as he could, but Dwayne looks lost in thought. Soon, though, volunteers for the plank have been called, and Dwayne turns around, raising up his hand, before grabbing the Totodile.

~Watch where you're go-~ But the little croc's pleas fell into deaf ears, as Dwayne raced down the plank, his robes fluttering with only the ties and his sword to keep them from whipping back to the passengers behind. He gets to the docks and sighs, putting Terr back down.

Esprit15
2013-05-27, 11:35 PM
Vivian shivers at the breeze, her shadow 'looking' around and hiding under its owned at the rain. "That's very odd. Everything was clear before." Eris looks up at the sky and blinks as a raindrop passes through the Gastly's eye, then nods. "Wonder what's causing it..." She looks at the sky, wondering at its cause as she wanders the town. Should she train Eris a bit? Perhaps afterwards.

Eshkigal
2013-05-27, 11:45 PM
Eyeing the storm, Nathan still smiles. For every day of sun, a storm will eventually pass through. Best to sway like the bellsprout in the tumultuous winds if you cannot stand strong against them. He spins the prayer bells in his hand a couple times, Darek looking up at the storm with interest from his usual perch around his neck. That would be trouble, in time...but to start, they had a new friend to meet! Slithering down the rotund, smiling man, Darek slithers in his own dance, both of them content with the world for now as they continue towards Mr. Pokemon's location.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-27, 11:52 PM
Pitch
The wind dries you quickly, but makes you decidedly colder than when you were wet.

Everybody
You find the square easy enough. Cherrygrove isn't large at all. By the time you reach the square, the storm was ontop of you, rain pouring down. You are quickly soaked. The crowd that had gathered in the square quickly scattered. Mr. Pokemon, who was standing on a podium runs off towards the Center.

KujiUn
2013-05-27, 11:58 PM
Wait. Wasn't he the guy who Dwayne needed to talk to? And why was Terr spitting out more water on him? Well, no mind. Dwayne starts walking towards the Pokecenter. He'd have to keep calm, or else the Rangers would be suspicious, he was told before leaving. That, and he wanted to wipe off his blade. Man, it'd be rusting soon if he didn't hurry, now wouldn't it. Without thinking much else, he starts jogging to the Pokecenter in an attempt to not get himself more wet. Which wouldn't be a hard thing to do at all, with the double source of water.

Esprit15
2013-05-28, 12:00 AM
"Mr. Poké-! Dang it!" I suppose it's good that he was there, rather than wander out to his house only to find it empty. Besides, it's an excuse to get out of this rain. Viv runs to the center, Eris shivering and wavering like a flame in the breeze behind her.

Arcran
2013-05-28, 12:03 AM
Pitch curses under his breath, hoping he gets some kind of Fire Pokemon.

Speaking of Pokemon... Good. He still has his shock collar ready. Can't train without a little pain, right?

And then it starts raining.

Muk it all, he says, letting out his Sandile. It leers and him angrily, but one glance at the shock trigger makes him instantly back down.

You know your place. Get used to the rain, understand? Can't have you losing because it's a little wet.

Using the collar to keep the Sandile from attacking anything, Pitch pursues Mr. Pokemon, although he isn't by any means in a hurry.

Eshkigal
2013-05-28, 12:03 AM
Spotting Mr. Pokemon through the storm, Nathan picks Darek back up before running after Mr. Pokemon. Darek, knowing how this has happened from plenty a meal time, begins giving off the customary warning hiss to warn people out of the way.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-28, 12:23 AM
Vivian and Dwayne reach the Center doors, only for them to slide open. Inside is stuffed to the brim with grumpy and soaking trainers, most no older than 10. Seems you weren't the only ones called here for your starters.

A hiss from behind you (and the ground shaking) tells you to move, now. A large man in monk clothing charges past you. The kids in the Center make room, except for two who had the unfortunate honor of being made to make room. Following the man's wake, Pitch skips in right as the door slides back down. The gap quickly closes. It was cramped. Very cramped.

The crowd murmurs disapproval of the situation. The rain, the cramped, the fat monk with no manners. The crowd goes quiet as a man in a nice dress suit climbs onto the counter.

Mr. Pokemon stares out in the crowd with a pleasant smile on his face. Despite being in his 40s he looked no older than 20. Welcome everybody. I apologize for the weather. You all know why your here. You are the next generation of trainers. You are the ones who will shape this Region. I am Mr. Pokemon and I am the start of your journey. Welcome, to the rest of your life! His voice was formal but genial. The crowd roars in approval, the woes of the day seeming to wash away.

A line quickly forms, Center attendants handing out a Pokeball and a Pokedex. Each of you receive your Dex and a pokeball, along with instructions on how to register your ID.

Eshkigal
2013-05-28, 12:29 AM
Not completely without manners, as the fat man picks up the two knocked over.
"Sorry, friends. Weight, speed, and slick feet make a bad combination."
Darek licks their faces as he makes amends, before he gets a starter and pokedex. He listens intently, before trying to register it. With a smile on his face, he tries his new item out on Darek, nodding with approval as it works. He shows the ekans his picture.
"I think you would've made a better picture, don't you agree, Darek?"
The ekans puffs up. Of course he would've been spectacular as his species' primary contact with most humans!

Arcran
2013-05-28, 12:33 AM
Pitch nods at Mr. Pokemon, pocketing the Torchic.

And what exactly does registering our ID do? Pitch asks. And do these things have a map function? Like with GPS? I heard the newer models did.

A Pokedex would be a powerful tool, but if it made him trackable, it wasn't worth the risk.

KujiUn
2013-05-28, 12:35 AM
Dwayne starts wringing out the water from his robes as Mr. Pokemon's speech went on, and was just about to take out his blade to wipe it down before everyone started to clap. That was a much shorter sermon than he was used to, that's for sure. He quickly got in line and received his Pokeball and Pokedex, bowing slightly to show his respect, before taking out the Pokemon stuffed inside and putting it in his belt. ~Finally, I'm out...~ Dwayne quickly ignores the Pokemon for now, though, as he listens to the instructions of how to register his ID, while Terr comes over and complains to the newcomer about how Dwayne didn't pack enough jerky and was hungry. The Riolu, also a bit hungry as well, climbed over the counter while everyone was distracted and tried to make a grab for some food while Dwayne puzzled over which button was the power button. Seems like he was stuck on the first step.

Esprit15
2013-05-28, 12:50 AM
Vivian thanks the man, letting out her new Chikorita. "Hm... Eleos. I'm gonna call you Eleos." The Gastly (benevolently) licks the new addition to the team. Vivian meanwhile tries to warm up, finally being indoors.

Eshkigal
2013-05-28, 12:55 AM
The rotund Nathan, upon seeing what's in his pokeball according to the pokedex, carefully makes his way through the crowd again, not wanting to step on more toes than is necessary. Once outside again, he sends out the koffing within, who gives a hardy "KOFFING" in the face of even such a storm!
"Ha! We will all get along quite well, Paul!"
The koffing and man belly slam each other, to seal the bond of fraternal growth. The ekans just chuckles from the safe dryness of the hat.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-28, 06:01 PM
Pitch
Mr. Pokemon turns to you, a large smile on his face. Oh no such thing Sonny! Oak's still tinkering with that feature. You have a map on there, but's just an interactive image. Will tell you all 'bout towns and routes! Thats probably what you heard about.

Dwayne
A nice Nurse Joy comes up to you, walking you through it. Or really doing it for you. The same nurse also shoved your new Riolu and your Totodile into your arms. Seems like he was trying to sneak into the food stores.

Vivian
Despite how hot it was in the Center, you don't really dry off. You got soaked in the short time out in the rain.

Everybody+Nathan
The Koffing spins affectionately before a gust of wind blows it, and you, through the Center door just as it closed. A brilliant flash of lightning paired with a deafening stroke of thunder rocks the town. Inside, the lights flicker and go out. By now, most of the kids had already ran home or to their motels, leaving just a few stragglers. Some of them start to cry, scared of the storm. Don't worry now. Its just a storm. I'll go to the power station and see whats going on. You shouldn't go out in this storm! Nurse Joy cried. Its too dangerous. Oh I'll be quite alright. Though I shouldn't go alone. Anyone up for braving the storm?

KujiUn
2013-05-28, 06:05 PM
"They need food?" Dwayne reaches into his bag and... whoops. No food there. "Do you have food?" he asks the nurse. Hopefully she could spare some. But he turns to Mr. Pokemon in time. "I'll go. Let me feed my Pokemon first."

Eshkigal
2013-05-28, 06:07 PM
Nathan steps forward, bells jingling as he smiles at the brave man.
"While I was surprised by that wind, I'll go with you. I should be heavy enough that most shouldn't be able to phase me."
He smacks his own fat stomach for emphasis. Paul gives a hearty laugh.

Esprit15
2013-05-28, 06:11 PM
Vivian raises her hand. "I'll go!" Anything would beat staying inside during this absolutely horrid storm.

Arcran
2013-05-28, 08:34 PM
Pitch grins. Not being tracked is good.

Thank you for the Pokemon sir, he says with a nod, heading outside.

He heads down to the beach once again. Why? Because in this rain, nobody would be there. And he could train.

He takes his new Pokeball, gently rolling it around his hand. Then he releases it, glaring down at the chicken that pops out.

Pathetic, he murmurs.

The Sandile gives a quick snap towards the bird, only to be blocked by Pitch's foot as he reaches for his spare Shock Collar.

Hello there little birdy, he says, holding it behind his back. Now, will you listen to what I say, or are you going to be an issue? he says, giving the Torchic a stare that tells it exactly what will happen should it "be and issue."

Intimidate Check: [roll0]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-28, 10:26 PM
Pitch
You brave out into the storm. While you manage to fight your way against wind, it tires you. By the time you reach the beach, you are exhausted. You also notice the surf is very rough, massive waves crashing against the beach every few seconds. If you step one foot there you'd likely be swept out to sea, more or less either of your tools. Breaking them is one thing, throwing them away is another.

I highly advise against the beach at the moment. -2 to all Body/Body Skill checks till your next short rest. A perception check can find you shelter from the storm or 2 more Body and Athletic checks to get back to the Center.

Everyone Else
The Nurse nods, pulling out a tray of snacks. After everyone dug in for a bite, Mr. Pokemon throws on a large overcoat. Alright, lets get going. I suggest keeping pokemon in their pokeballs for now. They might be blown away in the wind.

You have 5 Temp HP at the moment. 2 Body/Athletic checks please.

Arcran
2013-05-28, 10:29 PM
Pitch quickly hunts for some shelter. No use dying for trainer right now.

Perception: [roll0]

Esprit15
2013-05-28, 10:32 PM
Vivian thanks the nurses for the snacks, and heeds Mr. Pokmon's advice as she and the others follow him outside.
Body: [roll0], [roll1]
Athletics: [roll2], [roll3]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-28, 10:34 PM
You find an alley way not too far from the beach front. It zigzagged, allowing your protection from the wind. You find an awning, which you take residence under from the rain (though you are still thoroughly soaked).

You staying there till the storm dies down?

Arcran
2013-05-28, 10:36 PM
You find an alley way not too far from the beach front. It zigzagged, allowing your protection from the wind. You find an awning, which you take residence under from the rain (though you are still thoroughly soaked).

You staying there till the storm dies down?

Pitch lets out the new Torchic, planning on not wasting any time.

Pathetic, he murmurs.

The Sandile gives a quick snap towards the bird, only to be blocked by Pitch's foot as he reaches for his spare Shock Collar.

Hello there little birdy, he says, holding it behind his back. Now, will you listen to what I say, or are you going to be an issue? he says, giving the Torchic a stare that tells it exactly what will happen should it "be and issue."

Rolled a 15 last time.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-28, 10:44 PM
Pitch
The Torchic looks up to you in those innocent, naive eyes. Your threats fall on deaf ears. It looked like it wasn't going to be any issue. It was a mon raised to be a Starter, they usually start out docile.

Arcran
2013-05-28, 10:46 PM
Pitch
The Torchic looks up to you in those innocent, naive eyes. Your threats fall on deaf ears. It looked like it wasn't going to be any issue. It was a mon raised to be a Starter, they usually start out docile.

Pitch nods, pocketing the collar for now.

Time for training, he mutters, looking through the Pokedex. He'd have to make the Torchic weaker in its Special Attacks, or else it would suffer Physically.

Sprints in the rain. Now. Torchic, don't spread your wings or you're flying out of here like a kite. Now go.

Just my hour of training happening here.

KujiUn
2013-05-29, 11:38 AM
After eating, Dwayne marches forward in the rain, a bit grumbling about how he needed to return his Pokemon, but no matter.

Athletics:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Body:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Eshkigal
2013-05-29, 12:34 PM
Nathan nods, before recalling Darek and Paul.

Body check
[roll0]
[roll1]

Athletics check
[roll2]
[roll3]

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-30, 10:09 PM
The storm is brutal, winds buffeting at you. While you weren't dry before leaving, you are now soaked to the bone. Vivian struggles against the wind, more than once falling over multiple times and even once being blown into a building at one point.

Mr. Pokemon leads the way, it takes a long time through the storm. You finally reach the substation nearly half an hour later. He fiddles with a key chain, opening the door to the squat building. He gets the door open, holding it open for you. Inside was dark, with the storm blocking the sun you can't see more than a foot in front of you. Oh drat, no power means no lights. Whatever knocked out the power knocked out the back up too. Well then, lets hurry inside.

Vivian is Exhausted (-2 to Body/Body Skill checks till next Extended Rest), taken 5 damage and gains an Injury.

Esprit15
2013-05-30, 10:36 PM
Vivian sprints through right after the man, shivering on the floor, a little, sopping pile of human, clothing and debris. "D-d-does a-anybody h-have s-s-some d-dry wood or s-something? I might b-be able t-to light that up for s-some illum- il-illumi- some light." She could light Eris on fire, but that was only one time when she was smaller, and the Gastly didn't seem to like it very much... Vivian sneezes. "Or a f-flashlight. Also would be g-good." Her shadow makes patting motions, like a mother comforting a sick child.

Eshkigal
2013-05-30, 10:42 PM
Nathan lumbers in behind her, shaking off before sending out Darek and Paul.
"This is one of the few times I wish I could've won the right to use the flash hidden machine."

KujiUn
2013-05-30, 10:48 PM
Dwayne enters calmly, taking a seat in a corner and sitting down, staying quiet.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-01, 08:58 PM
The power station was incredibly dark, the little light coming outside lighting up the doorway. As you wonder inside Mr. Pokemon stares into the darkness, a small smile on his face. We have company. From the darkness, you hear menacingly growling. A pinpoint of light, then another and another appear. They expand, revealing 3 yellow sheep with glowing tails. They stared daggers at you, obviously not pleased.

Perception and Intuition checks please. If your attacking, lemme know so I know can get init up.

Map link (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akuo1v6xJCoXdHgwektzWTI3X253Rll1Z09qaDlMV mc#gid=26)
Grey squares are Dark, meaning any attacks targeting something in a Grey Square is effectively Blind (Reference page 20).

Esprit15
2013-06-01, 09:29 PM
Vivian looks right back at the Mareep. At the first sign of hostile movement, she was ready to leap at them. It was too bad. They were so cute looking. She lets out Eleos, the Chikorita, by her side.
Intuition: [roll1]

KujiUn
2013-06-01, 11:46 PM
Dwayne keeps on meditating, with no desire to harm these Pokemon until harm is done to him.

Skill Checks:
Intuition: [roll1]

Eshkigal
2013-06-03, 09:08 AM
"Ah, such luck! Little mareep, I know you are feeling scared and threatened, but we're here to help."
Nathan pulls out some honey and offers it to one.
"Would a peace offering help at all?"
[roll0]-intuition
[roll1]-perception

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-03, 09:20 AM
The Mareep growl angrily at your presence. One sends a shock at Nathan, nearly destroying the honey jar in his hands. Vivian and Dwayne see shadows move about the darkness, making out the thinly outlined figures of 3 Sentret. Something seemed.... off about these pokemon. The Mareep were being unusually hostile, and the Sentret should have scurried off at the first sign of danger. What was going on here?

Combat started, init on the map.

Esprit15
2013-06-03, 09:43 AM
Vivian charges at the nearby Mareep (C9), flames licking off of her as she slams into the sheep.
Move to D10
Flame Charge
Fire, Physical
AC: [roll0] 2, Raise Speed on hit
Damage: [roll1]
If Crit: +[roll2]

Eshkigal
2013-06-03, 05:26 PM
"Pity, the punch isn't as good."
Darek moves forward, biting down at the mareep nearest them (moved from I12 to I7, attacked mareep at H7). Meanwhile, Nathan, not one to pass up an opportunity, rushes forward with surprising speed to smack the same mareep, bells jangling as he brings both fists down (Nathan moves to H8).
[roll0]-Bite, 2+def, in the light, flinches on 15-20
[roll1]
[roll2]-struggle, 4+def
[roll3]

KujiUn
2013-06-03, 09:52 PM
Dwayne sighs, thinking about it for a moment before sending out Vir. "Guard them." he says, the Riolu getting ready to charge in for a Quick Attack!

Round Summary:
Dwayne:
Shift: Send out Vir to B11
TA: Use Meditate, +1 ATK CS
Command: Vir

Vir:
Hold:
if ally is attacked then {

Quick Attack attacker
} else if only Vir is attacked then {

use Counter
}

Quick Attack AC2: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] P-Norm

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-03, 11:48 PM
The Mareep shriek as you climb onto them. They respond with burst of blue electricity, zapping Vir, Nathan and Darek with Thundershocks. Their tails glow brighter, illuminating more of the oddly empty room. One of the Sentret hisses as the light reveals it.

All damage is prior to Typing and Stats (cause I'm lazy)
Vir takes 22 Special Electric
Nathan takes 23 Special Electric
Darek takes 24 Special Electric

KujiUn
2013-06-04, 02:09 PM
Vir attempts to finish off the Mareep with another Quick Attack while Dwayne continues his meditation.

Roll Summary
Command: Vir
Shift: -
Move: Quick Attack
AC2: [roll0]

Dwayne Shift: -
TA: Meditate, +1 ATK CS

Status
Dwayne: +2 ATK CS
Vir: 23 / 41 HP

MesiDoomstalker
2013-06-04, 09:23 PM
The Sentret emerge from the shadows, swiping furiously at you. Vir and Nathan take particurlarly harsh blows., while Vivian is saved from too damaging attack.
Vir takes a Crit Scratch for 39 normal physical damage
Vivian takes 20 normal physical damage
Nathan takes crit Scratch for 35 normal physical damage.

Esprit15
2013-06-04, 09:41 PM
"Ngh! Eleos, get over here and use Razor Leaf!" The Chikorita runs up to C10, sending out a cone of leaves at the Mareep and two Sentrets.
Razor Leaf
Grass, Physical, Cone
AC: [roll0] 4, Crit on 18-20

Will decide TA following the results

Esprit15
2013-06-05, 06:07 PM
Muk, the lights went out... Where did that Sentret go... Was it there? Vivian takes a step back and charges forward, burning brightly as she swings a downward punch towards the Sentret at D8.
Flame Wheel
Fire, Physical
AC: [roll0] 2, Burn on 19-20

Eshkigal
2013-06-09, 09:13 PM
Nate takes the cut on his belly, fat absorbing some of the blow. Still hurt a lot though.
"Mngh! Tough little one!"
He swings a fist at the angry sentret as Dwayne goes to chomp down on the mareep again, tail rattling in warning.
[roll0]-bite, 2+def
[roll1]
[roll2]-struggle, 4+def
[roll3]