PDA

View Full Version : Powerful build questions.

gurgleflep
2013-05-28, 12:01 AM
I'm going to be making a sumo using the monk and I'm looking for a race that's got a powerful build. As long as the size is somewhere from small to large I'm in the clear, with the larger two size categories being preferred. Also, is there a way to acquire a powerful build? I'd like to have a few options to talk through with the DM.

angry_bear
2013-05-28, 12:06 AM
Goliath and Red Cap (Monster Manual 2 or 3, can't remember which) are the only two that come to mind off the top of my head...

I think there's a prestige class that allows a race to adopt the features of one of the main Races of Stone. (Goliath, Gnome, or Dwarf) And I'm pretty sure that includes powerful build. I don't have the book on hand at the moment though...

gurgleflep
2013-05-28, 01:00 AM
This is a good start, thank you. :smallsmile:

Gwendol
2013-05-28, 04:01 AM
Also, the half-giant.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicRaces.htm#halfGiants

Juntao112
2013-05-28, 04:02 AM
I'm going to be making a sumo using the monk and I'm looking for a race that's got a powerful build. As long as the size is somewhere from small to large I'm in the clear, with the larger two size categories being preferred. Also, is there a way to acquire a powerful build? I'd like to have a few options to talk through with the DM.

Have you considered Psychic Warrior with Expansion?

Thurbane
2013-05-28, 04:10 AM
In addition to races already mentioned (Goliath, Half-Giant, Redcap), Eneko from Secrets of Sarlona...

gurgleflep
2013-05-28, 04:40 AM
Half-giants are in the Expanded Psionics Handbook, same with the psychic warrior. I won't be able to use the expand power though, as psionics are out :smallfrown:

Unfortunately, I don't have Secrets of Sarlona. Somebody else in the group might though, so I'll ask around. Thank you all for these suggestions :smallwink: