PDA

View Full Version : Transcend Mortality

Sapreaver
2013-05-28, 12:19 AM
{scrubbed}
Is there a way to make this near permanent? I'm not super good with the rules to figure it out my self. it last 1rnd/level so 20 rounds at level 20.

Frosty
2013-05-28, 12:23 AM
Not that I know of, but I'd try to pair this with the Jade Phoenix Mage prestige class from Tome of Battle for the lulz. Bonus points if you can also cast that one spell from SpC that lets you explode for damage when you die.

Zombulian
2013-05-28, 12:31 AM
Go into Archmage. Make this spell an SLA. While you're at it, make Giant Size and Body Outside Body SLA's too.
You can make clones, that can make clones of you, that can in turn make clones of themselves etc. who can also buff themselves with Transcend Mortality and Giant Size.

Sapreaver
2013-05-28, 12:47 AM
So the build would be something like
sword sage 1 wujen 9 jade phoenix mage 10

Sword sage for the maneuver qualification
wujen 9 + jade pheonix mage 10 to have 1 9th level slot

transcend mortality for 16 rounds and on the 17th round emerald immolation reform a few rounds later. I'm not sure if the final strike feat would trigger with the emerald immolation {scrubbed}

this would give you bab 15 so not quite gish but close.

I should make a build for this...

Emperor Tippy
2013-05-28, 01:05 AM
{scrubbed}
Is there a way to make this near permanent? I'm not super good with the rules to figure it out my self. it last 1rnd/level so 20 rounds at level 20.

Incantatrix can make it persistent (and extended for 48 hour duration).

Level 27 gets you Cosmic Descryer who can cast it a CL 100 trillion and thus it's effectively infinite.

Shapechange into a Zodar and Wish up a Scroll of Ice Assassin of X (where X is a deity with the Alter Reality SDA), use the Scroll, and then order the Ice Assassin to use Alter Reality on you to make Transcend Mortality permanent.

That's three ways (one doable at level 5). Do you need some more or is that sufficient?

Sapreaver
2013-05-28, 01:25 AM
yea a billion years should do me :)

Arcanist
2013-05-28, 02:03 AM
Level 27 gets you Cosmic Descryer who can cast it a CL 100 trillion and thus it's effectively infinite.

How? I mean sure, I understand Cosmic Connection, but how are you qualifying at 20th level and making your 21st level Cosmic Descryer? Isn't it Hit Dice, BAB, Saving Throw, Skills, Feat, Class feature, Ability Increase, and then Spells when you're leveling?

iDesu
2013-05-28, 02:08 AM
How? I mean sure, I understand Cosmic Connection, but how are you qualifying at 20th level and making your 21st level Cosmic Descryer? Isn't it Hit Dice, BAB, Saving Throw, Skills, Feat, Class feature, Ability Increase, and then Spells when you're leveling?

It requires knowledge (the planes) 24 ranks, and epic energy resistance, so wouldn't that fall in the correct order to take it at level 21?

Edit: It's late/early; brain not working.

Emperor Tippy
2013-05-28, 02:11 AM

OP didn't require that it be done at level 20. You can just cheat your way up the level ladder but that isn't necessary to answer the OP's question.

Arcanist
2013-05-28, 02:12 AM
It requires knowledge (the planes) 24 ranks, and epic energy resistance, so wouldn't that fall in the correct order to take it at level 21?

The level entry point (that is, the first level you can possibly take the class) is 22nd; Meaning a 28th level Cosmic Descryer would be able to do what Tippy is suggesting.

OP didn't require that it be done at level 20. You can just cheat your way up the level ladder but that isn't necessary to answer the OP's question.

Not what I'm saying, I'm asking how you made your 21st level a level in Cosmic Descryer.

Chronos
2013-05-28, 11:09 AM
Of course, once you get to epic levels, there are other ways of gaining those benefits without dying when it wears off at all.

To the suggestion of a wu jen Jade Phoenix Mage, I'll also point out that Body outside Body clones can't cast spells, but they can still use maneuvers.

And one last note about Transcend Mortality: It's an immediate action to cast it. Which means that you can wait until just before the blow lands that would have killed you anyway, shrug off that attack, and then kick butt for a while.