PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Gish Oracle Dual Curse

FatherMalkav
2013-05-28, 12:19 AM
I'm making a PFS Oracle for an all oracle game and came across the common warrior build of Dual Curse with Deaf/Wolfscarred Face. This leaves me with two options:

A) Take Deaf as my main curse, allowing it's effect to weaken over time at the cost of keeping my bite at 1d4.
B) Tale Wolfscarred as my main curse, gaining increase bite dice and the Magic Fang spells, but at the cost of remaining in a deafened state (minus the spell failure chance).

So my question to those that have played/ seen similar builds or are just more experienced with PF than I, which option is preferable?

Also, I have a trait that adds +2 to my initiative which helps to offset Deafened slightly.

Edit: Spelling

avr
2013-05-28, 12:46 AM
Dual curse not duel curse. They've got different meanings.

The extra damage from advancing wolfscarred is pretty minor at ~0.2/level. The extra senses are noticeably nicer.

grarrrg
2013-05-28, 05:47 PM
Dual curse not duel curse. They've got different meanings.

The extra damage from advancing wolfscarred is pretty minor at ~0.2/level. The extra senses are noticeably nicer.

Agreed.
The bonuses from Wolfscarred are junk until level 15, and even then, they are more "nice" than "awesome".
Whereas the Deaf bonuses are pretty sweet, even given the trade-off.

StreamOfTheSky
2013-05-28, 06:36 PM
Deaf has very nice (and IMPORTANT, for the things it mitigates) bonuses. Wolfscarred higher level bonuses are pretty forgettable. Definitely advance Deaf.

Vastly
2013-05-29, 12:20 PM
I agree with those above on this one, go with Deaf as you're primary curse and keep Wolfscarred from advancing. There is some decent synergy there too.

grarrrg
2013-05-29, 06:30 PM
There is some decent synergy there too.

Well, unless they added a new Curse recently, Deaf/Wolfscarred is about the only really synergy available to Dual-Cursed Oracles.