PDA

View Full Version : So lets fix the Icechucker

DraxDauragon
2013-05-28, 12:24 AM
So I've recently started a new class revolving around throwing javelins. My dm just gave me the okay to go into Stormlord, from complete divine, down the line.

So for flavor i wanted to get an icechucker, using the javelins as its ammo. only problem is i won't be able to use in iterative attacks. My dm has been very flexible but i don't think he would allow a repeating icechucker, who knows. So aside from getting rapid reload. what can i do to allow myself to shoot with iterative attacks without resorting to enchantments like quick loading.

Would the enchantment stack with rapid reload, it sounds more like a dm call...

Thanks in advanced

JusticeZero
2013-05-28, 12:35 AM
Dunno, I just house ruled that javelins were 1/2 lb ammo and called it a day.

DraxDauragon
2013-05-28, 11:20 AM
The weight of the ammo isn't an issue with me, I need to find a way to make the icechucker benefit from my bab.

Cog
2013-05-28, 11:31 AM
The firing time isn't the problem, so you just need reloading; either a few cohorts or a few items of Unseen Servant. IIRC, one of the problems with crossbow builds vs. bow builds is that most of the crossbow-related abilities specify hand/light/heavy, meaning the other exotics tend to not get significant support, so you're not likely to find a more elegant workaround.

JusticeZero
2013-05-28, 12:22 PM
The weight of the ammo isn't an issue with me, I need to find a way to make the icechucker benefit from my bab.

No, but the fact that I declared it to be ammo same as arrows would. IIRC, darts are this in pf already, same as shuriken.

DraxDauragon
2013-05-28, 12:56 PM
No, but the fact that I declared it to be ammo same as arrows would. IIRC, darts are this in pf already, same as shuriken.

Ahhh I see what your getting at, I did think about that and assumed QuickDraw Feat would fix that. If i could convince my Dm to do it your way it would save me the feat. Thank you.

The firing time isn't the problem, so you just need reloading; either a few cohorts or a few items of Unseen Servant. IIRC, one of the problems with crossbow builds vs. bow builds is that most of the crossbow-related abilities specify hand/light/heavy, meaning the other exotics tend to not get significant support, so you're not likely to find a more elegant workaround.

As I interpret it the Icechucker has the same reloading time as a heavy crossbow, but through all my searching i cannot find a non magical answer to this. Would Unseen servant with perm be able to draw the bow string back? The spell describes it only can lift 20 lbs. I'm assuming the draw on this xbow would be greater than that. Although the weapon description says there is a lever on the xbow's underside that is used to reload it, which would possably give "leverage" to the servant.