PDA

View Full Version : AMF and its weird spell interactions

ben-zayb
2013-05-28, 01:45 AM
So I've been thinking of spells that could be combo-ed with AMF, and I've compiled of them. It interacts better IMHO at epic, where permanent emanations of AMF could be turned on or off, as needed. Feel free to add more, or question their RAW-legality (because I'm not so sure myself):

Modify memory: Conceal important information only accessible when you go AMF.
Baleful Polymorph: Want to take your colossal animal companion / pet inside an enclosed public space, or do you just want to make it far less threatening?
Bestow Curse, Greater: Mostly used by Evil or morally-hazy characters, for keeping creatures that they want to interrogate later on among other things
Soul Bind: Almost the same the above, except that you keep the dead soul trapped in a gem, reviving it as needed
Polymorph Any Object: This just screams "Pokemon", among other nifty uses
Transcend Mortality: Just as it was about to end, the effect is suppressed, which extends your life a bit longer, if not completely negating that one time effect.
Celerity: What do you mean I'm dazed?
Ethereal Jaunt: (with Permanent Emanation AMF) turn AMF on to defend yourself, turn AMF off to get on the offensive

What do you folks think?

AuraTwilight
2013-05-28, 03:36 AM
I'm...not exactly sure how you're getting some of these interaction conclusions.

TuggyNE
2013-05-28, 03:52 AM
I'm...not exactly sure how you're getting some of these interaction conclusions.

Presumably because those spells have, or can have, Permanent durations, and as such are suppressed by an AMF. (They're not Instantaneous, which would be unaffected.)

Well, besides the last three or so, which are designed more for free-action AMF triggering use.