PDA

View Full Version : Vampire: Bloodlines mods?

Jeivar
2013-05-28, 02:18 PM
I have a sudden weird itch to reinstall this old goodie, but I've played the vanilla game several times already and there's nothing different left to do that I want to do. Soooo mods? Idiot-proof mods that a man who can barely install games can install?

*I know the game was released unfinished and there were some patches to install the missing stuff. Having the definitive one would be nice.
*Is there something, ANYTHING, that reduces the length of The Sewer Section That Never Ends?
*Anything that... I don't know, adds to the difficulty? My Humanity never dropped below 10 and I never suffered a Masquerade violation because there's never any real reason to.
*Basically, I'd be willing to check any clever little addition or improvement that isn't too radical.

Also, is there a risk of multiple mods interfering with one another?

Cikomyr
2013-05-28, 02:32 PM
I haven't really browsed them much.. but take a look here (http://www.moddb.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/mods)

Ebon_Drake
2013-05-28, 03:29 PM
The Unofficial Patch (looks like it's in Cikomyr's link) gives two options: pure bug fixing and additional content. The Basic patch is essential, not least due to properly fixing the potential crash at the end of the Society of Leopold mission and also opening the horribly buggy barred door in the Kuei-Jin temple. It also includes a fix for widescreen which is necessary if you have a widescreen monitor, natch. The added content in the Plus patch is nice for mixing up the game a bit if you're already familiar with it, but doesn't really change the game drastically - no skipping the sewers sadly.

I haven't looked into other mods for it, but using multiple mods for any game has the potential for causing issues. The best approach is to check mod read-me files and modder forums for compatibility.

Zen Master
2013-05-28, 03:38 PM
The unofficial patch is rather essential, and sterling work - the game rattles along very unevenly without it, and actually offers a fairly smooth ride with it.

The sewer section isn't too bad if you simply follow a walk-through. Long-ish and annoying, but neither hard nor insufferable.

Other than that, I got the feeling pretty much all the mods are cosmetic - adding posters, new dress options for your ghoul, and so on.

Then, of course, there are mods for clan quests. I never touched them, I don't trust mods =)