PDA

View Full Version : [PF]Flying Fortresses

PlusSixPelican
2013-05-28, 02:30 PM
For the purposes of being a high-level magic user, how would you make your own personal flying fortress/airship/castle in the sky/etc.

Katana1515
2013-05-28, 03:12 PM
If you can lay your hands on the Stronghold Builders Guidebook you should be able to update its wonderfully cool rules to be pathfinder compatible. It gives a detailed breakdown of how to make just about any kind of fortress, flying, aquatic or whatever you may wish :) its 3.0 i think but my group had no problems using it in our last campaign and indeed it became a central part of the story.

without a sourcebook like that, epic level casting or DM fiat i am not sure how you would manage a Howls moving castle style effect. for a Levitating flying fortress that hangs in the air but doesn't move one (expensive but fun) option might be to use a few hundred Immovable rods embedded in masonry as the foundations. sure someone else can come up with something better though :)

Clistenes
2013-05-28, 04:15 PM
If your DM allows it, Relics & Rituals, from the Sword and Sorcery RPG gives you a 9th level spell, Raise the Keep, that creates a flying castle that you can drive like a blimp.
It's a week-long ritual that requires from you to get the help of seven 17-level wizards to work with you, but you can replace any of those 17-level wizard with 17 level one wizards (so take the Leadership feat and make all your followers wizards).

Coidzor
2013-05-28, 04:33 PM
For the purposes of being a high-level magic user, how would you make your own personal flying fortress/airship/castle in the sky/etc.

If you're using Pathfinder material only, you're limited to working with your DM to homebrew a solution. I suppose there might be some 3rd party stuff for Pathfinder that'd help, but I don't know of anything.

Eberron in 3.5 had some stuff on airships and the Stronghold Builder's Guide from 3.0 included the ability to make a castle that can fly, crawl, and burrow. Possibly swim as well.