PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Shuffle Stupidity

Ruethgar
2013-05-28, 02:37 PM
First off this is not intended for play by any stretch of the imagination and was just me fiddling around with feats. The third party alone would disqualify it from most games before you even had a chance to pull it off.

Start with an elf, staple of any chaos shuffle cheese. Take the Infernal Pact feat from AEG's Evil handbook as your first level and two iterations of wealth for your flaws(30,000 gold). You are now rich, evil and bound by contract to be a devil's play thing in hell.

Have an item made to be shufflin' once a day, only 50 charges but whatever. ((8*16*1000)*1.5)/5=25600 You just have to love that charges per day divider. Re-write your racial feats, grab another one of those items if you want, just in case. Re-write all but the infernal pact again. Rinse and repeat for infinite wealth. Make sure to pick up three items of continuous Magic Tattoo, they are really cheap for +1 CL each(max three).

When you have enough money, erase the infernal pact. You now have seven feats at level one. Heighten Spell, Earth Sense, Earth Spell, Sanctum Spell, Magical Training, Precocious Apprentice and Extra Slot(level one). Extra slot's requirement is the caster level, nothing else, so you can now re-write Precocious Apprentice and take Extra Slot(level two), re-write Extra Slot one for level three, two for four and so on. When you have a high enough level spell slot, take out Earth Sense and Earth Spell, put in Reserve Feat X and Extra Spell.

So, you now have Magical Training, Heighten, Extra Slot x2, Extra Spell, Reserve Feat X, Sanctum Spell. Ditch the Sanctum and an Extra Slot, grab Snowcasting and Winter's Blast. You can now instantly kill anything not immune to cold and I guess take Dimensional Jaunt for the ability to teleport as far as you can see. The Reserve Mage would be a nice PrC for this if you don't mind homebrew, would have to keep the second Extra Slot for 2nd level spells though.

If dragonwrought cheese is viable, take Dragon-Blooded (Book of Templates) and White Dragonspawn with the Savage Species racial levels. You now qualify for Improved Spell Capacity with your racial class in place of Extra Slot, you lose two racial feats, but you also lose the need for Earth Sense, Earth Spell and Sanctum Spell.

Oh, I forgot class... commoner.

classy one
2013-05-28, 04:12 PM
So this a way to gain a bunch of feats at level 1? I also don't know a lot of the feats you listed. Are they from fiendish codex?

Ruethgar
2013-05-28, 04:41 PM
Infernal Pact- From the Evil handbook published by AEG, this feat does pretty much nothing for you and is just a prerequisite feat like Willing Deformity from the Book of Vile Darkness. Your soul now belongs to a devil when you die.

Wealth- Another feat from Evil. The devil you have the infernal pact with gives you 15,000 gold for the low low price of one feat. It is noted that he will probably steal the gold or otherwise take it from another mortal near you(so you might have a pissed off king or worse, a wizard, after you).

Magical Training- Races of Faerun if I recall correctly, regional feat that gives you VERY minor spellcasting ability.

Earth Spell/Sense- Races of Stone. Earth Spell boosts heighten spell by one level when in contact with earth.

For just feats, you want to do this with a wizard at first level(re-write scribe scroll), in which case you do not need Magical Training. Give the items to your familiar to use on you, take Vow of Poverty and go Fighter there-after.

shaikujin
2013-05-28, 04:41 PM
If dragonwrought cheese is viable, take Dragon-Blooded (Book of Templates) and White Dragonspawn with the Savage Species racial levels.

For what it's worth, since you mentioned Savage Species... bonus feats is worth +1 LA.

Even 1,000,000 bonus feats is worth only 1 LA.

Just like Regeneration 1,000,000 is also only worth 2 LA.

Ruethgar
2013-05-28, 05:05 PM
I read that as 2 bonus feats = +1 LA unless they suck(in the case of elves and kobolds) in which case it would require more to meet that LA. So a guy with 6 bonus feats of his choice would be an LA +3.

As to regeneration, I do not see it as referring to the healing, it is referring to treating all damage as subdual as the +2. So creature with regeneration 7 fire would get +2 LA for regen and +3 LA for the fast healing that is built into the regeneration.

shaikujin
2013-05-28, 05:22 PM
While that would definitely make more sense, the way I read it is different.

They made very specific distinctions between fast healing +1 LA for every 3 HP of fast healing, and just a flat +2 LA for regeneration.

Similar to feats, "2 or more" bonus feats is +1 LA. Not every 2 bonus feats is +1 LA.

Of course, there's the acid test section where the custom race should be balanced/compared to a class of ECL.

Ruethgar
2013-05-28, 05:40 PM
Do note that it does not specify the fast healing special quality as the creature entry just the ability to heal without expending spells, potions or magic items. So if you had a creature with an everlasting cure minor wounds on self as a supernatural racial feature, it would fall under the category of the Fast Healing entry in SS even though it would not technically be the Fast Healing special quality.

I read it more like a math formula for the feats. x feats = 1 level adjustment where x >=2.

I will agree that the whole book is very poorly written but honestly I've found no better estimator for LA than the guidelines presented there and for this post LA calculation isn't even in question, just racial levels for two templates that already have LAs.