PDA

View Full Version : PATHFINDER - Ways to get Telepathy

Emparawr
2013-05-28, 09:24 PM
I know a level 8 psion telepathy gets telepathy but I really dont want to have to dump 5 more levels in that class to get the ability if I can help it. Does anyone else know of any options? Preferably from items or maybe from a race that could be easily adapted to be a PC race? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Soras Teva Gee
2013-05-28, 09:31 PM
Improved Eldritch Heritage + Aquatic (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-paizo/aquatic-bloodline) Bloodline.

Its a steep investment at lot of Cha, three feats, and level 11 is when you get it. Technically can work for any class or race.

(No its not just fish telepathy, its the standard ability plus talking to fish. The whole bloodline is clearly Aquaman)

JusticeZero
2013-05-28, 09:58 PM
Tactician 3, as a collective power.

StreamOfTheSky
2013-05-28, 10:32 PM
Do you need it yourself? Several Improved Familiars have telepathy, which can then relay messages for you.

Emparawr
2013-05-28, 11:36 PM
On the character himself would be preferable. Taking the extra 5 level in psion to get up to 8 and get the telepaths telepathy is seeming like my best option at the moment but I'm hoping to find something else that would free up those levels for others uses but so far im coming up blank. I could get a crystal ball with telepathy but thats a bit on the expensive side and doesnt really fit the fluff per say but then again its less resource heavy then 5 levels so Idk.

Right now the level breakdown im thinknig of for this char is

Wizard/Manipulator 3/Psion/Telepath 8/Thrallherd 1/Cerebremancer 8

As you can see hes alllllll about the mind control. Then in epic levels he would finish out cerebremancer and then take levels in Body Snatcher, so that he might rule until the end of time. The Oracle King, Eternally May He Reign.

Emparawr
2013-08-06, 03:26 PM
shameful bump in the hopes of more ideas since I'm actually gonna be using this character soon.

Again to restate hes going to be a full blown Mind Bending Bad Ass. He's alllllll about manipulation and control over others. Like I said before what im looking at is a combination of Wizard, Psion, Cerebremenacer, 1 level in Thrallherd for the actual Thrallherd ability and then probably in epic levels ill take levels in bodysnatcher.

My issue at atm is I really really want him to have telepathy but getting it from the Telepath discipline powers takes 8 levels in psion. Sadly I can't seem to find a psion equivalent to the Robe of Arcane Heritage, or the Monks Robe, that woudl raise up his level as concerns his discipline powers for psion, and I cant seem to find any other way, other then the 3 feats aquatic heritage that was mentioned before, that will get my telepathy.

Hopefully this bump will get the attention of some people with really good ideas on this. Thank you in advance for your help :)

Segev
2013-08-06, 03:45 PM
Do you want it mainly for the communication capability, or are you looking for some tricks that require telepathy (e.g. the Mindsight feat)?

If the former is all you need, craft yourself a psionic item of use-activated Mindlink. It'll be 8000 gp, less 30% if you give it the 'restriction' of "must be a Telepath to use." Crafting it gets you it for half-off, if you have the craft psionic item feat you need.

Aracor
2013-08-06, 04:05 PM
There's the Psion 5 ACF:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070411a

Replace your bonus 5th level feat for telepathy with a range of 5' per manifester level.

Emparawr
2013-08-06, 08:02 PM
The Psion ACF is for DND 3.5 and were playing pure pathfinder so that wont help. Being able to use mindsight would be awesome as well but thats also 3.5 only. Creating a custom item thats use activated had occurred to me but I also just had a really great idea that fits in.

In the rules for creating custom races in pathfinder there is section for the cost of At Will spell like abilities. For 6 race points I could have at will Mind Link that works against even unwilling subjects. It would be extremely similar to Telepathy 400 ft that Telepaths get at level 8. Although creatures would need to be within close range initially once it had been used on them then I could communicate with then at any distance for the duration. I mean there's no feats like mindsight in Pathfinder that make having straight up Telepathy totally amazing so why not. It would be close to the same effect the I wanted and then I wouldnt have to take all those extra levels in Psion.

So I guess the next question then is what to do with the extra 3 levels now. I already know I want Psion 3 / Wizard 3 / Thrallherd 1 / Cerebremancer 10, but now im not quite sure what to do with the last 3 levels. Ill have level 7 spells and powers. Two more levels in either Psion or Wizard would get their casting/manifesting to level 8's, but then there would still be one left over. Too bad Cerebremancer stops at level 10 or I could put those last 3 levels into just more Cerebremancer.

Hmmm or, assuming this campagin goes into Epic levels one day, I could do

Psion 3 / Wizard 3 / Thrallherd 1 / Cerebremancer 10 / Bodysnatcher 3,

then in Epic levels 20-30

Bodysnatcher 4-6 / Wizard 4 / Psion 2 / Whatever 1

Emparawr
2013-08-06, 11:02 PM
lol I just realized that since im playing a Telepath they are able to use mind link at will since its a discipline talent. All I have to do is maintain psionic focus and I can use it as many time as I want as often as I want. Don't even have to spend race points on it or anything. It's not the same as telepathy but it does have some more versatility.