PDA

View Full Version : D6 Star Wars, Now What?

EmperorSarda
2013-05-28, 10:57 PM
So I'm playing a solo D6 star wars campaign and got done with my first session the other day. And I'm not exactly sure how to go about doing things.

For background, it's about 2 years before a New Hope, and I'm on some mid/outer mid planet that the Empire is starting to influence more, make part of the bureaucratic system; pushing new laws, making the planet a less democratic place to be.

My character is a 23 year old human senior at one of the equivalent tech universities there. Big into programming, along with business. Essentially has been groomed to take over Daddy's computer business, or start one of his own.

This is where the first session began; where my character Frederick and some friends get back from hunting/camping out on one of the moons of the planet. (No specific planet in mind) We're dropping off one of the guys, Jack, but there are police and military there. Turns out his parents are being arrested for terrorist ties, i.e. attending a political rally speaking out against some policies of the empire. Jack punches one of officers and a fight almost breaks out, but the reigning officer has a cool head as he watches me and the others pull Jack away and convince him not do something stupid. Jack is left with a warning and I get him a bed at my parents place. (Where my character lives as well. Only just now am I wondering what self respecting college student still lives at home. Oh well.) On the way, turns out we're being followed. We evade a couple times, but get home.

It is there, with hot blood from the unfairness of Jack's parents being arrested, and being given the run around from the local police and military on when a trial will be or where there are even being held, that we decide to hack in and find out. We go to the rival university (being followed on the way there, and losing them) and use their computers, routing through our university as if hacking into them, that we are able to find some memos showing that Jack's parents (and some others) were arrested because they wouldn't program a back door into the product that Jack's family business supports. We ditch as we can only grab a few memos before the trace finding the university and scram back to the parents.

So we get back home and talk about what we find, while we notice one of the cars that had been following park a few houses down. Minutes later (because they were listening into the conversation), they leave their vehicle and walk to the house. We panic and write the drive to zero's, as the military personnel break in and stun my parents. Jack doesn't want to turn himself in and ends up fleeing out a room window, while being shot at. My character is more or less threatened and given the officer's card which says "you lose" on the back. Looking up, one of the subordinates tries to shoot me and I flee through the kitchen and out the back. Jack surprises that officer and gets in a good shot and has a fire fight as I go to the front of the house (cause the military officer missed me, setting fire to the kitchen) to rescue my parents. The head military notices me.

Long story shot, one of the military dudes is dead, I'm injured and npc Jack and my character flee in a neighbor's borrowed/stolen vehicle. That's where the session ended.

The only question is now, what now? The general goal is to start some sort of resistance movement here on the planet, but I am not sure how to go about that.

One of the files we did hack up did include one genuine anti-government guy, so perhaps his family would be amenable to housing us? Maybe staying with some homeless, on the move. Also, my character is force sensitive, so that will be an issue too.

Additionally, is there some kind of electronic device to do what R2D2 did, access the mainframe to find schematics, stop garbage compactors, that sort of thing?

LibraryOgre
2013-05-29, 12:40 PM
Additionally, is there some kind of electronic device to do what R2D2 did, access the mainframe to find schematics, stop garbage compactors, that sort of thing?

Nothing in the game, per se, but I would be surprised if your GM said no to some kind of pocket computer that allows access, with a more expensive version that adds dice or pips.

Hopeless
2013-05-29, 03:41 PM
Would the house have surveillance video's?

The kind you could locate and then download as part of your gathering evidence to support your growing network?

Might be worth hacking the local news networks or better yet get a "police" scanner after all that downed Imp probably has something that might help?

Whats the backdrop of your character's homeworld?

EmperorSarda
2013-05-29, 04:00 PM
Would the house have surveillance video's?

The kind you could locate and then download as part of your gathering evidence to support your growing network?
Unsure. It is a good possibility since my character's family is a bit wealthy. Very good idea though.

Might be worth hacking the local news networks or better yet get a "police" scanner after all that downed Imp probably has something that might help? That would be a good thing to get.

Whats the backdrop of your character's homeworld?
Mostly what I stated above. One of the mid range planets. The Empire is cracking down more, pressuring business to follow their ideals, altering laws to alter business practices and the like, cracking down on human rights (arresting those who attend a political rally, for example).

It's a techy world. I think predominantly human, but not sure.