PDA

View Full Version : Dracolexi?

GutterFace
2013-05-29, 11:46 AM
So i managed to get my hands on a copy of Races of the Dragon and i am liking the Dracolexi for my Illiumian Sorcerer.

now overall it seems solid, only loses 1 caster level. get a bunch of bonus spells, and Draconic words.

i meet the requirements and seriously thinking about taking it.

but here i am, just checking with the hive knowledge of the playground....is this Prc decent? are there any holes i am overlooking about this class?

Juntao112
2013-05-29, 11:49 AM
It's not bad.

ZamielVanWeber
2013-05-29, 12:01 PM
I cam curious how you filled those language dependant requirements early on. It cannot be done woth core/RoD. Otherwise it is pretty good. You get enough to justify losing the caster level.

GutterFace
2013-05-29, 12:08 PM
I cam curious how you filled those language dependant requirements early on. It cannot be done woth core/RoD. Otherwise it is pretty good. You get enough to justify losing the caster level.

As an Illiuman i get; Common, and Illuiman and Bonus for my Intelligence which i picked up Draconic. and we all automatically get Elven because of where we are situated. so i meet the requirements :)

Amphetryon
2013-05-29, 12:26 PM
It's mechanically decent, neither Incantatrix-strong nor Iron Chef-candidate weak. Personally, I love the synergy of an Illumian Dracolexi that's obsessed with words of power.

GutterFace
2013-05-29, 12:44 PM
It's mechanically decent, neither Incantatrix-strong nor Iron Chef-candidate weak. Personally, I love the synergy of an Illumian Dracolexi that's obsessed with words of power.

EXACTLY! it all fits so well!

ahenobarbi
2013-05-29, 03:30 PM
I played a dracolexi once (however I took adventage of being Dragonwrought Kobold and entered at entered at level 2 without worrying about prerequisites) and it was fun. Extra spells were very helpful, draconic words were awesome (however I could re-claim lost caster level with Greater Rite of Draconic Passage).