PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 true dweomers

Melcar
2013-05-29, 11:49 AM
Hello again.

I again want feedback on my spell creations. I hope you will comment on the following spell.

Melcar’s Equilibrium
Conjuration
Level: sor/wiz 10
Components: V, S, M
Casting time: 3 hour
Range: Unlimited
Target: One being
Duration: Permanent
Saving Throw: None
Spell resistance: No

Silver white strands of weave energy swirls around the caster, the sky becomes translucent, making the weave visible and in one colossal flash of white arcane energy, the target and the caster change places, effectively summoning the target to the place of casting, and teleporting the caster to the target’s former location. (Anyone inside a 100ft. radius of the casting is deafened for 1d10 minutes. Fortitude negates.) This spell transcends any realm, plane or ward. This spell affects both mortal and divine.

Material Components:
Weave Spheres
3 Perfect Rogue stones
A scales from a Shadow Dragon
__________________________________________________ ____________

sengmeng
2013-05-29, 12:30 PM
How do you identify the target? That seems to be important. Can you, for instance, change places with "the head of the assassins' guild" if you don't actually know who that is?

Melcar
2013-05-30, 11:48 AM
That is a good question. I am still working on that. I have no real idea as to how to identify the target. Truename seems too much, and well some sort of DNA would also make the spell very difficult to perform practically.

Any ideas on the targeting or identification system???

sengmeng
2013-05-30, 01:11 PM
I'd make it a two-part spell: first, you scry on them, then you decide if you're going to go through with the exchange. The criteria for finding them with the first part should be the same as regular scrying, except it can't be blocked by non-epic magic.

Fates
2013-05-30, 01:16 PM
The duration should be instantaneous, not permanent.

Melcar
2013-05-31, 05:23 PM
Thanks... I will work on the things you mentioned!