PDA

View Full Version : [pathfinder]i'm sorcer, and only arcane caster, and party face

isildur
2013-05-29, 02:41 PM
so, i need high diplomacy, knoweldge(arcane), spell craft.

what about this stat? (20point buy, 10lv)

str 7/dex 14/con14/int 14/wis9/cha20(16, human +2, level up +2)

than total skill point is 50.

finaly, perception, knowledge(arcane), spellcraft, fly, diplomacy rank is 10

or get

str 7/dex 14/con14/int 12/wis12/cha20(16, human +2, level up +2)

and dump fly skill

which one is better?

AuraTwilight
2013-05-29, 02:55 PM
Uh...why are you even taking the Fly skill? Does your character have wings?

isildur
2013-05-29, 02:56 PM
because, he can cast fly spell.

grarrrg
2013-05-29, 06:34 PM
Is the Sage (Wild)Bloodline (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo---sorcerer-archetypes/wildblooded/sage) available? It may help.
It makes INT your casting stat instead of CHA, it would help you get more skill points, and you would be able to better focus your stats, so you wouldn't have to dump STR/WIS so much.

StreamOfTheSky
2013-05-29, 06:49 PM
I would take the first array. Note that you mostly just need to make DC 15 with fly (to hover) and spells and maneuverability give bonuses. So don't toss too many ranks in there, just a few. Put the rest into Bluff. In fact, maybe would should max bluff instead of know (arcana), put a few ranks in fly, then the rest in arcana. Yeah, I like that better.

Sylthia
2013-05-29, 10:46 PM
I'd go with the second array just because I'm loathe to drop Wisdom to far and that's a 2 point swing on your will saves. You'll still have 4 skill points per level, assuming you don't mind not having every skill maxed.

Scow2
2013-05-29, 10:50 PM
I'd go with the second array just because I'm loathe to drop Wisdom to far and that's a 2 point swing on your will saves. You'll still have 4 skill points per level, assuming you don't mind not having every skill maxed.

See if you can get the "Force of Personality" feat forwarded from 3.5 (Or grab the 3rd party "Self Delusion" for the same effect), and dump WIS almost entirely (You'll need a "Sense Motive" wingman)

Sylthia
2013-05-29, 11:01 PM
See if you can get the "Force of Personality" feat forwarded from 3.5 (Or grab the 3rd party "Self Delusion" for the same effect), and dump WIS almost entirely (You'll need a "Sense Motive" wingman)

Ah, that would make it worth it, although it doesn't say all Will saves, so I guess it doesn't work against illusions, but they're not as common.

Ravens_cry
2013-05-30, 12:02 AM
Do you get traits? I know there is at least one (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/social-traits/princess-female) that gives Diplomacy as a class skill. Combined with your hopefully high Charisma, and you should 'face' pretty well.
As for being an arcane caster, keep around lots of scrolls of arcane spells that have situational but vital use in that situation.

Waker
2013-05-30, 06:18 AM
The Serpentine Bloodline (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-paizo/serpentine-bloodline) can get you access to Diplomacy as a class skill, plus Deceitful or Persuasive as bonus feats if you feel like shoring up your social skills a bit more.