PDA

View Full Version : How much does a wand of Sonic Snap actually cost?

Tvtyrant
2013-05-29, 03:18 PM
It looks like a CL1 wand of Sonic Snap would cost 25 GP. Is this correct?

eggynack
2013-05-29, 03:22 PM
It looks like a CL1 wand of Sonic Snap would cost 25 GP. Is this correct?
I think it would cost 375 GP. Spell level 1/2 * caster level 1 * 750 GP for a wand. Thus, 375. The cost of other 0th level wands bears my understanding out.

Edit: I think that what you're looking for is a scroll, which would cost 12.5 GP.

Tvtyrant
2013-05-30, 03:04 PM
I think it would cost 375 GP. Spell level 1/2 * caster level 1 * 750 GP for a wand. Thus, 375. The cost of other 0th level wands bears my understanding out.

Edit: I think that what you're looking for is a scroll, which would cost 12.5 GP.

Thank you! I now have a decent piece of equipment for E6 troops. Not as cheap as I originally thought, but still cheaper than half-plate.

Slipperychicken
2013-05-30, 04:27 PM
Thank you! I now have a decent piece of equipment for E6 troops. Not as cheap as I originally thought, but still cheaper than half-plate.

It's a single use, though, and is costing someone xp for it.

Chronos
2013-05-30, 05:08 PM
And it's only doing one point of damage with each shot. Even accounting for attack rolls, you'd almost always be better off with good old fashioned bows and arrows.

Agincourt
2013-05-30, 05:23 PM
Perhaps the OP frequently needs to deafen NPCs for 1 round. That's the only reason I can think someone would buy a wand of Sonic Snap.

Edit: But a Thunderstone (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/goodsAndServices.htm#thunderstone) would be better in just about every way if you want to deafen someone.

Emperor Tippy
2013-05-30, 05:31 PM
Wand of Arcane Thesis, Invisible (-1), Cooperative (-1, Easy Meta: Twin, Twin (+2), Easy Meta: Fell Drain, Fell Drain (+1) Sonic Snap. Costs the exact same price as a regular wand and deals two negative levels to anyone it deals damage to, and perfectly legal.

Finding someone who can actually make or sells such wands might be a problem though. :smallwink:

ben-zayb
2013-05-30, 07:44 PM
Wand of Arcane Thesis, Invisible (-1), Cooperative (-1, Easy Meta: Twin, Twin (+2), Easy Meta: Fell Drain, Fell Drain (+1) Sonic Snap. Costs the exact same price as a regular wand and deals two negative levels to anyone it deals damage to, and perfectly legal.

Finding someone who can actually make or sells such wands might be a problem though. :smallwink:

Going deeper for a more negative energy theme, add Energy Sub:Cold(-1), Lord of the Uttercold(-1), Piercing Cold(0), Easy Meta: Fell Animate, Fell Animate(+1), and Fell Frighten (+1).