PDA

View Full Version : I need ideas (please help)

inuyasha
2013-05-29, 06:02 PM
Im slowly writing a megapost (dont go and find it) full of monsters and some races, im horrible with coming up with ideas, but im great at interpreting them and statting them up. Please please help. Im good with all sorts of monsters/races, great with interesting hybrids, and fairly good with templates. I take any and all suggestions, and I dont care how many you make (just dont double post :smallwink:)

thanks in advance playground

P.S. yes this megapost will be published soon

Grinner
2013-05-29, 06:09 PM
Is there a specific theme you have in mind?

Malachi Lemont
2013-05-29, 06:30 PM
Inuyasha, that sounds great. This might not be what you're looking for, but I just made a nifty little chart that you can use for planning some complex world with different races and monsters and gods and magic. Here:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/conworld/images/b/b5/Manycircles.png

You're welcome to have your own interpretation of what the colored regions represent, but here's my attempt:

The Outermost circle is the edge of the Universe itself. Nothing can enter or escape it.
The four main interlocking circles - Blue, Red, Yellow, and Green - represent four characteristics of intelligent life. The Gods created equal portions of Wisdom (blue), Passion (red), Pride (gold) and Serenity (green). But in the thousands of years since the creation, people have gone astray and developed an overabundance of pride (gold).

The grey circle in the center represents mortality. The regions outside it are brightly colored to indicate their immortal status. There are 9 different races of immortal beings - they can be Gods, Devils, Angels, or anything you like. But they're permanent.

The regions inside the grey circle are the mortals like you and me. There are 11 different races of mortals. This is where all the interesting stuff goes on. Each race has different proportions of the four essential qualities, even though all contain a little of each, and there is much room for diversity within each race. Here's how it breaks down:

11 = Giants (Pure Wisdom)
13 = Satyrs (Pure Passion)
15 = Minotaurs (Pure Pride)
9 = Halflings (Pride and Serenity)
10 = Elves (Serenity and Wisdom)
12 = Trolls (Wisdom and Passion)
14 = Orcs (Passion and Pride)
16 = Humans (Passion, Pride, and Serenity)
17 = Gnomes (Pride, Serenity, and Wisdom)
18 = Goblins (Wisdom, Passion, and Pride)
19 = Dwarves (A Balance of All Four, but favoring Pride)

Extinct Races:
The Leaflings (Pure Serenity)
The Groundlings (Serenity, Wisdom, and Passion)

Amechra
2013-05-29, 07:17 PM
Tell me of the Raven Men of Ulmar.

Sing me tales of their cowardly coveting, of their forbidden wisdom, of their pinioned glory.

Tell me of the Servants of that Below the Mound; tell me of their cold, pleading eyes, and of their broken tongues and gaping stomachs.

Tell me of the Tall Men of the Fortress Steppe, wandering streets to snatch naughty children and weave their cries into a blindfold.

Tell me of the Dreamers, husbanding their herds of Nightmares, wandering across the surface of the moon.

Tell me of Old King Cole. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjtZcLExri0)

Sing me songs of magic and meathooks; let me fall asleep to lullabies of laughter and becoming.

tL;dR: Here are some vague monster ideas. Please, do what you will.

inuyasha
2013-05-29, 08:08 PM
Is there a specific theme you have in mind?
nope, just monsters

Inuyasha, that sounds great. This might not be what you're looking for, but I just made a nifty little chart that you can use for planning some complex world with different races and monsters and gods and magic. Here:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/conworld/images/b/b5/Manycircles.png

You're welcome to have your own interpretation of what the colored regions represent, but here's my attempt:

The Outermost circle is the edge of the Universe itself. Nothing can enter or escape it.
The four main interlocking circles - Blue, Red, Yellow, and Green - represent four characteristics of intelligent life. The Gods created equal portions of Wisdom (blue), Passion (red), Pride (gold) and Serenity (green). But in the thousands of years since the creation, people have gone astray and developed an overabundance of pride (gold).

The grey circle in the center represents mortality. The regions outside it are brightly colored to indicate their immortal status. There are 9 different races of immortal beings - they can be Gods, Devils, Angels, or anything you like. But they're permanent.

The regions inside the grey circle are the mortals like you and me. There are 11 different races of mortals. This is where all the interesting stuff goes on. Each race has different proportions of the four essential qualities, even though all contain a little of each, and there is much room for diversity within each race. Here's how it breaks down:

11 = Giants (Pure Wisdom)
13 = Satyrs (Pure Passion)
15 = Minotaurs (Pure Pride)
9 = Halflings (Pride and Serenity)
10 = Elves (Serenity and Wisdom)
12 = Trolls (Wisdom and Passion)
14 = Orcs (Passion and Pride)
16 = Humans (Passion, Pride, and Serenity)
17 = Gnomes (Pride, Serenity, and Wisdom)
18 = Goblins (Wisdom, Passion, and Pride)
19 = Dwarves (A Balance of All Four, but favoring Pride)

Extinct Races:
The Leaflings (Pure Serenity)
The Groundlings (Serenity, Wisdom, and Passion)
cool but not realy what im looking for (please keep thinking though :smallbiggrin:)

Tell me of the Raven Men of Ulmar.

Sing me tales of their cowardly coveting, of their forbidden wisdom, of their pinioned glory.

Tell me of the Servants of that Below the Mound; tell me of their cold, pleading eyes, and of their broken tongues and gaping stomachs.

Tell me of the Tall Men of the Fortress Steppe, wandering streets to snatch naughty children and weave their cries into a blindfold.

Tell me of the Dreamers, husbanding their herds of Nightmares, wandering across the surface of the moon.

Tell me of Old King Cole. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjtZcLExri0)

Sing me songs of magic and meathooks; let me fall asleep to lullabies of laughter and becoming.

tL;dR: Here are some vague monster ideas. Please, do what you will.
cool! These could be cool monster ideas

Keep thinking playgrounders :)

Sodalite
2013-05-29, 09:30 PM
Recently I had the idea for a few related kinds, though two more eminently usable than the other.

Spoilered because I previewed this post and it looked horrible if I didn't.

In the center of the world is a place colloquially called the heart. Around it is the first generation, of which there are approximately 90 in total, varying slightly over time, and growing even more slightly over even greater lengths of time. They are immense in size, and slow in action, and essentially perform the job of the mantle of their world. To them, the incredible heat of the heart gives them life and bliss, so they eternally struggle to claim it for themselves, for it does not have room for them all. An extremely long time passes, when a powerful shake passed through, greater than any that they had incurred by themselves before, greater even then the shakes which came from beyond their cold stone cloak before. One fool took it upon themself to see what happened, and broke through the cloak. Through the cataclysm it unknowingly caused, it saw tiny, soft creatures, which it could not believe caused the shake, so it braved the pain of the cold see what else. It was surprised to see that though the creatures soft, they drew upon the cloak, and drew out shards of what might have once been one of the first generation. They melted, cooled, broke, bent, assembled, and tried everything else they against these shards, and in the end they recreated the device which made the first great shake, and deployed once again, unwittingly scaring the fool as it scarred the cloak. Amazed by its finding, and repelled by its wound, the fool returned to deeper below the cloak, fighting with a purpose to reach the heart for but a moment. With one hand, reached and tore the slightest bit from the heart, and with it, shaped the bones of the smaller beings. The fool allowed itself to rise once more to the cloak, before ripping gash through it, exposing the bones to the surface, where they took life as the second generation. The fool planned for its creations to go among the tiny creatures, to recreate their device, and to return the fool, allowing to wield the device against its fellows. It was yet a fool, though, and the second new not their purpose. They went among the creatures, but as lesser giants, large, hard, and imposing, yet immeasurably more interactive than their creator. Their bodies withered much faster than the first generation, for being so far from the heart, but they learned for themselves how create more by seeing the creatures craft devices, and the third generation of these beings was yet smaller, yet quicker, and yet more human. They speak as we do, they walk as we do, they live as we do, and know as much about their origins as we do ours. Within them all, though, lurks remnants the fire and war of the heart, and so never be fooled.

Parched for usable information, I'm sure, especially with all words used to describe what would never be used, but I would appreciate even your only looking at this, and might be overwhelmed with joy if you actually tried to stat these.

Yitzi
2013-05-29, 10:17 PM
There are six guardians of the world, one for each of the inner planes. That of the earth is known as the Tarrasque. What are the others?

inuyasha
2013-05-29, 10:29 PM
cool these are amazing, thanks so much playground, please keep thinking :D

Henlein_Kosh
2013-05-30, 12:16 AM
An idea that I'm currently working on, that you are welcome to take a shot at, is this:

A psionically gifted people who found a path to immortality by transfering their souls/mind to magical crystals.
They now need to have special constructed bodies to affect the world.

Yitzi
2013-05-30, 08:32 AM
On a similar note, a spirit (and thus incorporeal) creature that is able to possess (and then manipulate) inanimate objects. Some particularly skilled ones can possess magical energy, making them extremely good mages.

inuyasha
2013-05-30, 08:43 AM
thanks so much :smallbiggrin: the playground is the coolest. Im just trying to make this megapost as big as i can before publishing it (its gonna be awesome!)

TheLonelyScribe
2013-05-30, 12:33 PM
I love the 'other tarrasque' ideas! Giant bird/bat/lizard thing for air, fishy turtle-kraken fo water, volcanic melty ash-mole for fire, huge rotting zombie-shadow-wraith for negative, and a crazy life-storm for positive! (Maybe)

RadicalTurnip
2013-05-30, 01:29 PM
A Necrotic parasite that feeds on the energy of death. This parasite infests martially powerful creatures and then enhances their power and their blood-lust so that it can feed.

Edit: this would probably take the form of a template.

Blightedmarsh
2013-05-30, 02:52 PM
A semi divine mutant monstrosity that grows to full maturity by eating thousands of people over hundreds of years.

A thing that looks like a giant fanged human skull with 4 long arthropod legs and a single huge eye on a long tentacle/stalk coming from a third eye socket in the middle of its forehead. Lives in underground lakes and is worshiped as a god.

A headless living zombie/flesh golem made when a beholder bit a humans head off and turned the body into it thrall. Possibly with a small beholder kin riding around on top as a kind of creepy prosthetic body.

Ninja cybermen operating as pirates....in space

Yora
2013-05-30, 02:54 PM
Good looking humanoid amphibians.

Xaotiq1
2013-05-30, 04:53 PM
An insect or Swarm based Archon.

A creature with natural Soulbinding capability.

An interpretation of the Leprechaun.

Doppelganger Ooze?

Positive Energy Based Incorporeal Undead.

An amphibious race with inherent Shadow Magic. Maybe Eels or something.

A tiny faerie with the ability to control the luck of others?

A swarm that can take the shape of creatures its size or smaller.

An undead that secretes different poisons based on its number of hit dice.

CinuzIta
2013-05-31, 06:08 AM
do I read "templates"?? :smallamused:

If you're willing to, you could create an "Ink Creature" template! That would also help me with the class I'm creating! :P

Maybe something that add immunities to fatigue, poison, disease, some minor poisonous attacks or things like that?

CinuzIta
2013-05-31, 06:14 AM
do I read "templates"?? :smallamused:

If you're willing to, you could create an "Ink Creature" template! That would also help me with the class I'm creating! :P

Maybe something that add immunities to fatigue, poison, disease, some minor poisonous attacks or things like that?

TheLonelyScribe
2013-05-31, 07:56 AM
You could do some super-powerful versions of the coautl and rakshasa for the Eberron campaign setting, where they had a huge cosmic war where the rakshsas served elder god-like evil powers and the coautls eventually sacrificed themselves to imprison the Rakshasa Rajahs deep under the earth with a divine cosmic force. Rakshasas would get more spells and a bunch of summoning and corruption-themed abilities, and coautls would get light and abjuration abilities, as well as maybe some prismatic stuff based on their feathers?

inuyasha
2013-05-31, 08:42 AM
thanks so much guys im having fun writing these :D

Mighty_Chicken
2013-05-31, 10:34 AM
Preferably also as player-races:

A secret race of spiderkin humanoids who live in big human cities and sometimes have high ranks in society. Their most important trait is that their arms are very long, as long as their bodies; but they can be folded and retracted and if they're using regular human clothes it can't be noticed. If they're not trying to hide, they can let their poisonous fur to grow. The fur can be reliesed to do some nasty effect to enemies.

A race of wild, singing bird/pterodactyl people. They may or may not have feathers, or have beautiful scales that change colors based on their will and mood. Their hands are not good to grab weapons. They're not supernatural, but their songs and color-changing dances can hypnotize some creatures. They're intelligent but reffuse to live in society or improve their technology.

A curse that bonds a company of mercenaries together until they decypher a riddle. Ends up the riddle is too hard, decades have passed and most of them have become undead by now. They can't get too much far from each other and they always come back when destroyed (even if weakened).

Not-player races:

An interpretation of the Saci Pererê (black, single legged fairy that likes to smoke pipe and to do practical jokes, uses a red hood and can travels inside a small wind devil)

The travelling deal making entity that has with him orcish literacy and gnomish height.

Chaotic "Inevitables" who travel the cosmos punishing those to fight rebellion or are loyal to an oath for too long.

A swarm of tiny mundane humanoids.

A swarm of tiny undead humanoids.

A swarm of tiny constructs.

A "swarm" of maddened large creature (aka stampede), including animals, giants, etc.

A "reverse lychanthropy" plague that afflicts animals and magical beasts, turning them into frail (and possibly evil) human-animal hybrids. A threat to the party's familiars and animal companions.

A Neutral race of spider centaurs who trap both orcs and elves in their webs to eat them.

The Jabberwocky-born.

"Alien sirens", with extra breasts or arms, who have very powerful charm abilities, but that don't antagonize the PC's directly, rather using them for unclear reasons, in a way that doesn't harass them or put them in too much danger.

Amazon civilization. Guerrilla and magic oriented mermaids at day, village raiding berserker vampire bipedals at night.

Aberration pseudo-communist civilization. Physically formian like when hungry, grell like when fed.

Flying, frail constructs. War baloons, assassin kites.

A flying whale who eats migrating birds. Sometimes inhabited by pirates.

Zerg cerebrates.

An old lady who spits acid and is VERY durable.

A broken phylactery that must be put in a living body so the lich can regenerate. Templates for the resulting hybrid. Including a template for what happens when the regenerations isn't perfect and the two creatures fight for dominance.

And overpowered fairy enemy who will let the players decide who and how attack if the players give him enough gold.

A burrowing creature that charm or dominate creature in the surface.

A non-hilarious interpretation of the middle ages "foreign races" of legend (ciapods, headless men, dog-headed men, etc).

A somewhat intelligent, wandering construct that attacks anything that is arcane. Won't attack the PC's if the arcane casters aren't around, even if has attacked the PC's before. Can be manipulated to do stuff for them. May be very intelligent and be manipulating the PC's so it has a change to kill their arcane casters.

A demon that attacks anything that isn't arcane as is genuinelly and excessively friendly towards anything that is.

A tribe of goblins, kobolds or other low CL creatures is afflicted by a disease that gives them such a smell any creature is nauseated or at least sickened at their presence. A wizard builds contructs with the poor bastards trapped inside.

When the mighty, giant, greedy bird dies, the corpse becomes an evil dragon. When the evil dragon dies, it becomes an accursed swan with an aura of death and decay. When the accursed swan dies, it becomes a maiden destined to be killed by someone who's in love with her. And when the maiden dies, she becomes a giant greedy bird.

An exotic-colored folk that can be killed for XP.

smoke prism
2013-05-31, 10:39 AM
Plasma dragon.

An undead made out of blood, that can possess people.

A n ooze made out of mercury (something that I did, but it didn't take of.

An ooze made of plasma.

golems made of 4 elements ( para-element s to).

Cloud krakan and cloud jellyfish.

A race of huminode elemental Crystal

Golems msde of light and dark.

A psionic disembodied consinones.

Hopes this helps :smallbiggrin:.

CinuzIta
2013-05-31, 12:53 PM
what about flying psionic jellyfishes? Or an evil fey called boogie man? Or an evil horse-like creature with the head of a woman with sharpened poisonous teeth and lion-like paws who can shapeshift into a unicorn to attire people and eat them?

TheWombatOfDoom
2013-05-31, 01:19 PM
Deer with lightning for antlers!

Dragons with lightning for wings!

Gliding monkeys!

inuyasha
2013-06-05, 05:13 PM
BUMP

Ive gone through most of these

any more ideas?

Sgt. Cookie
2013-06-05, 05:38 PM
Tell me of cows that giants keep.

Teach me the stories of the creatures that stalk the trees.

What of the dragons that hunt the stars?

Are there any tales of the swimming dead?

Would you spin a yarn about the little folk who hunt in the grass?

I have heard tales of storms, who's wind blows only death.

What of the blacksmith, who talks of living steel?

Here ya go.

inuyasha
2013-06-05, 06:17 PM
Tell me of cows that giants keep.

Teach me the stories of the creatures that stalk the trees.

What of the dragons that hunt the stars?

Are there any tales of the swimming dead?

Would you spin a yarn about the little folk who hunt in the grass?

I have heard tales of storms, who's wind blows only death.

What of the blacksmith, who talks of living steel?

Here ya go.

I love suggestions like this! This is awesome!

smoke prism
2013-06-05, 06:47 PM
Tell me of the prismic horror.

I wish for information about the living runes.

I going to the deep water libery, what gaurds it?

Tell me about the guardian of unfinished songs.

What lives in the shallow lake.

Tell me about the scaleless horror.

Whats that live in the well

Tell me of the man who never lived

Tell me of the monster, that eats men's eyes

Tell me of the assassins of ash & dust

Tell me of the feared salt golems

Tell me of the demonic dragon, neth

What dark horror steals men's shadows

Tell me what resides on the acidic layer of the abyss

Tell me of the legendary mountain dragon

Tell me of the undead that can only see fear

Tell me of the trinity of undead dragons: Casmia the decayed, blightfire and razorback. (If it's all right can I help with these. I ask because it's the coolest Idear I've had in awile)

The corps trapper

Fire horror

Hellfire and blightfire elements

The lords of colour (one for each colour of the rainbow)

Prismic Fire element , primal fire element and cold fire element

Tell me of the war skeletons.

The beasts of living adamantine.

The 3 lords of fire.

God Id hate to live in this world :smalleek:

Sodalite
2013-06-05, 07:50 PM
If there is no quarrel with another from me, here is one.

Far to the north, beyond the land of boiling rivers, lay the incarnadine puzzle-palaces. Occulted places surrounded by mirrored sand, built from salt by the ancient cold-people of the greater south, and blooded by their slaughter at the hands of many an invader, they are designed for two purposes. To house the greatest achievements of the cold-people, allowing only the most worthy their use, and to contain their deadliest weapon, used only twice, such that only those with great enough wisdom to wield it without wanton destruction might do so. Though they were not without danger in their original construction, those who entered and became lost can become entranced by the last remnants of the besieged cold-people, following their will, and fervently attacking all those once descended from their invaders. Some say the treasures are lost, either to ingenious thieves, or simply to time, while others, that there was no treasure, that the palaces are prisons, and that their centers lie the only way for their prisoners, the cold-people, to escape.

Edit: Spoilered because it wasn't any better looking than the first.

Humble Master
2013-06-05, 08:23 PM
Tell me of the horrors of this world o Inuyasha

Tell me of the Dead Futhark Wurm, who's stare means icy death and who's claws rend steel. Show me the hundreds of sword that stick out of it's pale flesh, though no blood issues for from the superfluous wounds.

Tell me of the thing that lurks in clouds, that rides the wind, that brings lightning, that calls itself the Storm Reaver. Sing to me of it's enchanting sound and the joy it takes in smiting with lightning those who hear.

Tell me of the Sullow Drool-Weaver and it's wicked, adhesive that appears as salvation but is in fact doom. Explain to me how it breads in the bodies of its victims and spews strands of poisonous thread.

Tell me of the Sword Walker with it's cruel curved blade and its unmatchable skill with the sword. Retell it's swiftness and the fearful zeal with which it stalks the living.

Tell me most of all however of Swo' Lar' Telu. Tell of the beasts rotten hide, the thousand weeping pores that spew forth the protoplasm of its horrid spawn. Tell me of it's massive tendrils and it's great maw which sits at the bottom of the waves. Tell be of how towns have disappeared and their inhabitant's dragged to the watery depths were they are seduced, flayed, eaten and killed in that order.

Tell me of all these horrors, and many more...

inuyasha
2013-06-05, 10:27 PM
wow these are amazing! I love the playground. I only have 2 things to say
1. moar :D these are Awesome
2. we need the giant in here...he probably has some awesome ideas floating in his head...*runs off to PM him*

Edit:
Sodalite, your requests are awesome, especially the first one, i made all 3, and im slightly confused by your second request.
and also, Im going through these as I type, your creativitiy is not being wasted :D

Amechra
2013-06-05, 10:28 PM
I like how people have adopted my style of suggestions.

I motion that all suggestions for homebrew be done in this manner!

Riddle me this, inuyasha:

What sees with eyes unseeing,
Keen scent singing on the wind?
Burning in fires unsensed, but known.

Why is this thing not in the dreams of children?

inuyasha
2013-06-05, 10:30 PM
I like how people have adopted my style of suggestions.

I motion that all suggestions for homebrew be done in this manner!

Riddle me this, inuyasha:

What sees with eyes unseeing,
Keen scent singing on the wind?
Burning in fires unsensed, but known.

Why is this thing not in the dreams of children?

motion accepted!

and it might not be IN the dreams of children...maybe it is the dreams of children :smalleek:

Sodalite
2013-06-05, 10:38 PM
Sodalite, your requests are awesome, especially the first one, i made all 3, and im slightly confused by your second request.
and also, Im going through these as I type, your creativitiy is not being wasted :D

You statted the Fool and kin? I fear for those adventurers who are destined to fight them.

As for the second, the only real monster in the second one would be someone who's been entranced, which I suppose would be template, becoming super devoted to defending the palace, especially against some specific race or races, though that's unidentified. I think they would also be given some of the secrets of the Cold-People, which would be stuff like really powerful equipment, and maybe some kind of cold-based SLAs. That's getting into mechanical specifics, though, which should be left up to you.

Also, I don't know about poetrifying my suggestions. Maybe it would make them easier to read, but the opposite seems just as possible.

inuyasha
2013-06-05, 10:41 PM
Well i didnt stat the fool and the kin, just generically the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation (the giants near the heart, the next generation, and then the humanoid version) :)

Sodalite
2013-06-05, 10:51 PM
First generation's what I meant. Even if I would completely honored, I wasn't expecting specific characters. Even just for generics, though, I imagine they would be pretty powerful. As I imagined him, the Fool isn't even actually more powerful than most others of his kind, maybe even a little on the weak side. He was just madly driven to know what shook them, and used that drive to survive exposure to the surface, and to drive his way down to the heart for just long enough to break off a piece.

inuyasha
2013-06-05, 11:22 PM
First generation's what I meant. Even if I would completely honored, I wasn't expecting specific characters. Even just for generics, though, I imagine they would be pretty powerful. As I imagined him, the Fool isn't even actually more powerful than most others of his kind, maybe even a little on the weak side. He was just madly driven to know what shook them, and used that drive to survive exposure to the surface, and to drive his way down to the heart for just long enough to break off a piece.

they are pretty powerful :D and pretty awesome!

Im excited for more, I hope giant and roland join the party :smallbiggrin:

gurgleflep
2013-06-05, 11:27 PM
If creatures that can be used as mounts are acceptable, I've got an idea!

This one's a bit of an odd request, but I'm wanting a monster/mount: a velocadgertoise! It's a cross between a velociraptor, badger and tortoise. I'm wanting it to be ridden by a medium sized character.
Basically, it's a hairy (not feathered) velociraptor with badger markings and arms (for burrowing) that's able to recede into it's tortoise shell when in danger. I can't imagine it'd be all that fast due to the shell weighing so much that the race would be weighed down.

It's weird and highly impractical, but it'll add to the hilarity of any campaign I'm in that allows homebrew :smallbiggrin:

Edit: This is copied and pasted from another thread where you were requesting homebrew ideas.

zhdarkstar
2013-06-05, 11:49 PM
One houserule I like to play with is to allow Artificers to combine constructs (like homunculi, effigy creatures, etc.) together into a single type, within reason.

That way an Iron Defender be mixed into Dire Wolf, or a Expeditious Messenger can be built into the avian of choice.

I don't even know what you would build an arbalester into, except maybe some kind of intelligent vehicle...like KITT... :smallcool:

I've got an old favorite that I'd love to see how you interpret it. It was my Warforged Artificer's planned mount: a bearodactyl effigy creature/packmate homunculus/weapon familiar. Jimmy's mouth was the weapon familiar, thus giving the mount intelligence.

Also what would a mechanical primate with a packmate stuck in his chest look like? Best helper monkey ever.

For the Dedicated Wright, I picture something like the Dozers from Fraggle Rock.

A Persistent Harrier Porcupine would be interesting to see.

I have no idea how to mix the Furtive Felcher so surprise me.

smoke prism
2013-06-06, 04:15 PM
Tell me of Ingar the damede, of how her husband, gave his soul to bringe her back from the dead. Tell me of her twisted twisted for, Her 4 inch claws and worst of all, her black eyes and tear stained cheeks. I wish to know how her shrieks and wails can drive a man insane.

Tell me of the sneck, a digenarated race of aquatic trolls. Tell me how fishermens corpses are found gutted by razor-sharp claws. I want to know of there acidic breath and foul stench.

In the windey tunels of Zerhton, they are constructs that are capable of letting loss devastating sound waves that are Can bukel armour and turn men into puddles of flesh.

Who are these God-were's, gods who are forced to assume mortal forms during specific astrological events. The 2 main problems for those with this affliction, is that in there mortal forms they are a different entity to the Devine form.The other problem is that a small amount of there divine power carries over into there mortal form.

Tell me of the negative and positive oozes.

Tell me of the xenobones, genetically and magically engineered to be able to use there bones as any conseveble weapon. The Xenobones are also has inhuman strength, endurance and flexibility.

Sing me a song about the Null man, carved out of a solid pice of black crystal. The substance that the Null man is made of creates a large dead zone around it.

The sandman, a race of adarition that can control the sands of the wast they call home. The sandmen can also also go 3 times as long as humans without food or water.

The illidithxeonmorh, a colossal psionic octopus, capable of enslaving entire planets in a mater of seconds. The illidithxeonmorh is supposet to be "dead", but it is mealy drifting throug space in hibernation, searching for the mind flayers that created it.(Note that there is only one illidithxeonmorh on the material plane).
That's all I can think of, for the time being. I hope there all helpful:smallbiggrin:.

inuyasha
2013-06-06, 05:26 PM
One houserule I like to play with is to allow Artificers to combine constructs (like homunculi, effigy creatures, etc.) together into a single type, within reason.

That way an Iron Defender be mixed into Dire Wolf, or a Expeditious Messenger can be built into the avian of choice.

I don't even know what you would build an arbalester into, except maybe some kind of intelligent vehicle...like KITT... :smallcool:

I've got an old favorite that I'd love to see how you interpret it. It was my Warforged Artificer's planned mount: a bearodactyl effigy creature/packmate homunculus/weapon familiar. Jimmy's mouth was the weapon familiar, thus giving the mount intelligence.

Also what would a mechanical primate with a packmate stuck in his chest look like? Best helper monkey ever.

For the Dedicated Wright, I picture something like the Dozers from Fraggle Rock.

A Persistent Harrier Porcupine would be interesting to see.

I have no idea how to mix the Furtive Felcher so surprise me.

Im sad to say I dont know what a lot of these are :( I cant find my eberron CPS or my magic of eberron :(

Sodalite
2013-06-10, 11:14 PM
A third suggestion, if I may.

They are young and bright, the children of ghostly mothers and their twice-scorched fatherland. They dance and play, thinking all of life, a game. The voices of their forebears still speaks to them, though, telling them they are great heirs, if only they would take sword and rouse the spirits of hot ash, earth, and stone to fight for them. For many, the younger ones, the voices fall on deaf ears, seeming to them only another game. To the few who have the reached a greater age, the voices stir a sirocco inside of them, blowing them to war. They raise armies of the dead and unliving around them, and lead the charge against the living with firewood-swords that sear flesh and dust-shields that blind their enemies. Though these armies ebb and flow in every direction, they all eventually feel the urge to lead their armies to north, but none have yet passed the land of boiling rivers.

Hanuman
2013-06-11, 04:38 AM
Demons find a fissure that connects the material realm to one of the layers of hell, to cross over they need to perform an intensive ritual that requires vast resources.

A rich soul-breeder and slaver demon learns of this fissure from one of his lackies and executes him, creating a plot to use the rift in secret.

The exit to the material realm is deep within the earth's bedrock, which is viewable from the hell-side of the fissure.

The demon and his slaves construct a colossal drilling engine and boar into the area around the fissure, sending the slaves pumped full of drugs through to man the engine as it drills up from the bedrock.

The rich demon then gets assassinated and his assets taken, the fissure remaining a secret.

The slaves inside of the drilling machine lose contact from the other side eventually run out of drugs and lowly suffer psychological breakdowns from the constant unstoppable drilling and being trapped in the space between the fissure and the drill at the other side of the VERY slowly lengthening tunnel.

http://images.wikia.com/avatar/images/archive/b/b1/20090312231705!Fire_Nation_drill.png

They form an insane cult and eventually kill off all of their members either by murder, sacrifice or suicide, leaving the remains of their culture etched into the long tunnel and inside the drill which is heavily scavenged and sabotaged, but remains running.

Eventually the drill finds its way to the surface and shuts off.

A local nation discovers it and quickly hides it, forming a monumental structure on-top of it so they can work on it underneath as a weapon against their neighboring kingdoms.

The structure now covers both the central engineering workshop of that kingdom and a tunnel that leads to hell, with all sorts of demon-cult shenanigans along the way.

Freshly thought up, enjoy.

Azoth
2013-06-11, 08:11 AM
Tell me of men changed but not, these wanderers who have left our lands but not. These men spent of too much time in lands of creatures best left lone. Men who stayed in the realms of fey, dragon, fiend, and darkness calling them their new home.

Tell me of those whose blood runs rampant with power the mortal coil has long forgot, but their blood called up from the sleeping mind to wake.

Tell me of the creature born solely fear. Every man knows it, but knows not its truest form. For it hides itself well wrapped in skins of things that can bring a man to death's embrace for only a glance.

Tell me of a creature whose every movement is as elegant as a long forgotten dance. Its very core a crushing weight of madness to those who draw close. It kills a man well before his time, but not by bite of steel nor rend of claw...No it kills with weight of longing.

Perhaps you remember better than I the beast of the long forbade woods. The brightest minds of a generation of generations only managed to seal it withing, and only by so. It is said to be the ultimate hunter, and no one who enters its prison can leave with his life for long. Scent, sight, sound, blood, life, death...no one knows which it uses, and many say whichever it chooses.

Tell me still of the creature even death itself fears. Its minions brought back to the wold of flesh speak only of it in hushed tones. Greater than the skeleton which commands the zombie, greater still than the vampire which commands it, and more fearsome than the man who spurns death and rules all undead in his wake. No church will oppose her, and many are driven slave in her name. Tell me of the goddess who commands pain and suffering in her name, whose contempt for life is greater than any man's for death.

Speak unto me of the horror or horrors. The creature who stalks in the night. Only iron cold as ice can pirce its flesh, and only fire like the sun can burn it. It walks upright as if man, but no man can harm it still. Dogs fear its scent of old, and flowers wilt before its cold. It makes steel as brittle as glass, and has no quarrel slaying your ass. You can tell its come by the signs of its wake. His very name enough to make hardened men quake.

Pronounceable
2013-06-11, 08:58 AM
I suck, therefore I'll speak plain:

A harmless creature that can travel through time to escape predators.

A road that steals your voice when you open your mouth if you're walking on it and adds it to the echoing voices howling in pain.

A shadow monster thing that only eats children's shadows.

A mad wizard's sentient power word kill spell that swore off of killing and seeks redemption for everyone it killed.

Tricksy purple people eater faerie can only eat someone if they're wearing something purple.

Spider worshipping warrior fly people.

Demolishing the haunted opera and building a grand inn didn't work out quite as well as they hoped.

The dragon whose parents were killed by adventurers when he was little swore vengeance against humanoids and now stalks the night under a beholder mask. Nananananananananananananananana Beholdrake!