PDA

View Full Version : To make HUNK from Resident Evil

Mislead Prophet
2013-05-29, 11:08 PM
I was just playing with the idea, and I was curious if anyone had any ideas on how to go about making a Medieval version of HUNK from Resident Evil in a 3.5 campaign. Most books, from my knowledge, are open for use. So I was curious to see how other people would play him/mold him, with what classes and feats.

Im open to suggestions. :smallsmile:

Crasical
2013-05-30, 12:24 AM
Silent, faceless mook with a facemask and goggles, who's main distinctive feature is that he almost always succeeds his missions while the rest of his team dies horribly?

He might have a custom feat that's functionally the reverse of Broken One's Sacrifice from Champions of Valor, with him being able to escape an effect by swapping places with an ally and having them take the hit instead, but I'm not aware of any feats or abilities that let the user to scapegoat disposable allies for benefits. He might have some way of granting his allies the Cautious/Dutiful guardian feats and compelling them to use them to defend him, but charm/training effects like that clash somewhat with his 'cold, emotionless, ruthless operative' shtick.

Mislead Prophet
2013-05-30, 01:18 AM
I do like the idea of sacrificing others in place of yourself, like an opposite of a Defender. But I wasnt looking for an exact transfer, obviously Id have to change certain things. I was more thinking of how to make the character more of a Survivor, less of a 'leave everyone to die' kind of characters. Which, in my mind usually brings Rogue-ish type abilities, with possible damage reduction from this or that.

Also, how would you build on his arsenal?

I would think one would replace his MP5/Handgun mix with crossbows of some kind. And yes, I already know how much of a feat-pit crossbows are if one wants to fully enjoy them. Other than that, he's known for knife attacks, and his Neckbreaker finisher. So obviously, Knife optimization, and sneak attacks are a go for that. Any idea how one would go about doing/using a Neckbreaker outside of flavor? I would guess in some sort of grapple use.

Mislead Prophet
2013-05-30, 02:45 PM
Bumping this back up

Yora
2013-05-30, 03:03 PM
Fighter/Rogue/Assassin I would say. Or possibly a Ranger/Assassin with favored enemy Aberrations, Monstrous Humanoids, and Undead.

Should probably get some feats in daggers.

Diehard would be a fun feat, but a bit of a waste of feats, even as a multiclass fighter.
But maybe Improved Toughness perhaps. Certainly Great Fortitude and Lightning Reflexes.

DMVerdandi
2013-05-30, 04:40 PM
Imma do you a favor and dissuade you from where you are going. My god, crossbow builds are horrid, and cost WAY more than they are worth.

Now, what we really need to get to is this. WHAT IS HANK?
A commando. A highly trained paramilitary Guerrilla. What does that demand? Skills and Combat techniques.

Here is my take on him. Play a stealthy, yet physically powerful alternative to what would considered a rogue.

In my opinion the best way to do that is a factotum//warblade.
Use a knife and your unarmed attacks. For grenades, use alchemist's fire.
Perhaps take a repeating crossbow for when you NEED to use ranged attacks, but by no means have that be your focus. Just something for when you need to take the fight to that level.

Focus on Diamond Mind.
Pick up exotic weapon proficiency so that you can use weapons re-training on it to be able to use any weapon.
Also take white raven maneuvers and Leadership to represent your troops.

Interestingly enough, with your cohort, build him exactly the same, except by focusing on Iron heart maneuvers. Other than that, same feats, same weapons, ect.

Mislead Prophet
2013-05-30, 05:05 PM
Fighter/Rogue/Assassin I would say. Or possibly a Ranger/Assassin with favored enemy Aberrations, Monstrous Humanoids, and Undead.

I have actually never played in game as an Assassin. Are they as useful as they sound, cause in my head their abilities are kinda lack luster at times.

Imma do you a favor and dissuade you from where you are going. My god, crossbow builds are horrid, and cost WAY more than they are worth.

Yeah, I know. Crossbow builds take way too many feats, and not a lot of pay out.

Here is my take on him. Play a stealthy, yet physically powerful alternative to what would considered a rogue.

In my opinion the best way to do that is a factotum//warblade.
Use a knife and your unarmed attacks. For grenades, use alchemist's fire.
Perhaps take a repeating crossbow for when you NEED to use ranged attacks, but by no means have that be your focus. Just something for when you need to take the fight to that level.

Focus on Diamond Mind.
Pick up exotic weapon proficiency so that you can use weapons re-training on it to be able to use any weapon.
Also take white raven maneuvers and Leadership to represent your troops.

Interestingly enough, with your cohort, build him exactly the same, except by focusing on Iron heart maneuvers. Other than that, same feats, same weapons, ect.

This is rather interesting. Not a bad way of looking at it. I may have to look deeper into your suggestions. I could foresee a great outcome.