PDA

View Full Version : Something besides Innate spell?

Ssin
2013-05-30, 10:41 AM
Hello Playground

I am tapping in your combined knowledge (or at least that's what I hope)

I have the option to retrain 2 (maybe 3) feats and I am looking for a feat(chain) which will allow me to use my Draconic Polymorph as an SP SU or EX ability at will.

I know of the existance of Innate Spell, however the prereqs will cost me 3 feats already and I would need to sacrifice a spell slot 8 lvl's higher than the spells lvl. Since Draconic Polymorph is a 5th lvl spell that would require me to give up a 13th lvl spell slot which.... I don't have ;-)

Any ideas? other options?

I vaguely remember there being some similar feat which was capped at 3 times perday, although I would prefer the at will, maybe that is more attainable? (I just don't remember the feats name)

Urpriest
2013-05-30, 11:38 AM
What are the restrictions we have to work with? You want this done before Epic? Is there a particular character this needs to fit on to?

Do you want Draconic Polymorph at-will in order to be in one specific form constantly, or in order to change forms constantly?

Will regular Polymorph do?

Ssin
2013-05-30, 11:54 AM
Yeah I could (should) have included some character background info

I am an Elven Outsider Rogue5/Fighter6/Wizard5/Eldritch Legend(homebrew PRC)5/Ravaged by Malcanthet1

Spells per day as a lvl 11 Wizard, CL 22

Already into Epic, so if there is an epic feat option that would be viable.

My current 'tactic' is changing in a Shadow Giant with draconic polymorph for huge size, +4d6 sneak attack and a massive strength :)

I am wielding a dualbladed sword.

For now I truly love the Shadow Giant form, maybe that will change if I find an even better / cooler one, but I basically want the ability to change into this form anytime I want.

Since the Shadow Giant is 18HD (take or leave 1) ordinary polymorph will not suffice.

Urpriest
2013-05-30, 12:43 PM
In that case, it's much easier to turn into something all day than to turn into something at-will. Get a way to Persist spells (as an Arcane character, three levels in Incantatrix is probably the best bet there), and you can have Draconic Polymorph up 24 hours a day. Of course, since you're Epic level, you may have colleagues who can cast Epic Spells, in which case one of them could just create a Mythal (Lost Empires of Faerun) to buff you with the requisite spell.

Ssin
2013-05-30, 12:52 PM
our cleric has multiclassed with paladin and is a 19th lvl cleric, so no access to epic spells yet.

Also since I am kinda evil-ish and working my way to become Malcanthets partner (eventually I'll go and try to take her place, however I'll be King of the succubi instead of queen ;-) )and the rest of the party consists of an LG palladin of Heironeus, CG cleric/palladin of Kord and a LG Monk of Heironeus so it might come to a confrontation in the future in which case I don't want to depend on them for something so vital to me

Urpriest
2013-05-30, 01:00 PM
our cleric has multiclassed with paladin and is a 19th lvl cleric, so no access to epic spells yet.

Also since I am kinda evil-ish and working my way to become Malcanthets partner (eventually I'll go and try to take her place, however I'll be King of the succubi instead of queen ;-) )and the rest of the party consists of an LG palladin of Heironeus, CG cleric/palladin of Kord and a LG Monk of Heironeus so it might come to a confrontation in the future in which case I don't want to depend on them for something so vital to me

Mythals are permanent. Once you're included, you won't be dependent. And 19th level Cleric is plenty to access Epic Spells, if the character has HD>20.