PDA

View Full Version : Wanna pick your Brains

ShadowDarknos
2013-05-30, 06:17 PM
I often see many Druid's go Fire; understandable since it is by far the most popular element. Or Water Rarely. My question is this, Could you build a decent Druid going Earth as your Element.

Something fun, Strong, and maybe even some utility in their with some nice tricks you guys could think of. Brain dead from work and was wondering if I could get some help from you wonderful folks

<3

Snowbluff
2013-05-30, 06:30 PM
Earthquake! Argh!

FleshrakerAbuse
2013-05-30, 06:31 PM
Earth based... um... through a looser definition, plants and wood also would count for this, being a natural part of the ground. But, mainly your spell choice is the factor...
Your feat choices would mainly be the same, with things like Greenbounded Summoning as well with normal Natural Spell. Use the Spike Stones, Halo of Sand, Wall of Earth, Blast of Sand, Sandblast, Passage of the Shifting sands. Mainly defensive and battlefield control to emulate the sturdiness of earth.

BowStreetRunner
2013-05-30, 06:40 PM
Are you talking about Pathfinder? I know of no reason to choose in 3.X. If so, you should indicate [PF] in the title of your post.

That having been said, I would love to see an underground Earth-Druid. Dwarf, Drow, or something along those lines...

nedz
2013-05-30, 06:55 PM
The trouble with Earth spells is that they are very poor at low levels. Spell levels 4-6 are pretty solid and there are reasonable spells at high level; but you have to survive low level play first.

Diovid
2013-05-31, 02:06 AM
Take a look at the Goliath Druid substitution levels and the Stonespeaker Guardian prestige class (both are from Races of Stone).