PDA

View Full Version : Power of Cybernetics: Sci-fi Incarnum

Garryl
2013-05-30, 08:42 PM
Introduction
Metroid as Incarnum (MaI) was my first attempt at a new subsystem, based on Magic of Incarnum. The book looked interesting, but I didn't have it, so I made my own system. Anyways, over the course of several months I worked on it, but many of the design decisions I made earlier on felt clunky and restrictive. So I decided I would revise it, fixing the problems and issues I saw, and making as good as it could be. Power of Cybernetics is the result. After over a year of on-again, off-again development in between professional work and university studies, it's now in a good place. I am still expanding it, of course, with new modules, prestige classes, items, and monsters in development.

Power of Cybernetics is essentially a sci-fi version of Magic of Incarnum. It's not exactly the same, of course, but it's very similar. If you are familiar with Incarnum, then it should be very easy to pick up Cybernetics. The majority of the modifications to the core of the system, other than simple renaming, are to remove confusing aspects and to allow for expansion of the core mechanics in new ways. For example, unlike soulmelds, modules aren't shaped/activated on any particular chakra/socket, and unlike binding soulmelds to chakras, attaching modules to sockets does not interfere with magic item usage.

For your convenience, here is an Incarnum to Cybernetics dictionary. Some of the nuances are different between the two systems, but the general principles are the same.

Incarnum
Cybernetics

EssentiaEnergy
SoulmeldModule
Chakra BindSocket
MeldshaperActivator
ShapeActivate
BindAttach
InvestAllocate

Chakras
Sockets

FeetFeet
HandsHands
CrownHelmet
ArmsArms
BrowVisor
ShouldersBack
ThroatSupport
WaistUtility
HeartShielding
SoulCore

Garryl
2013-05-30, 08:43 PM
Index for Power of Cybernetics
Due to major changes in both the boards and the formatting I'm using, I can't conveniently mirror the index here on GitP. You can find the new Power of Cybernetics material (http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?board=71.0) and index (http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=8693.msg167507#msg167507) on Min Max Forum.

If you have any question or comments, you can post them in the Min Max Forum discussion thread (http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=7768) or here in the GitP discussion thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285976). You can see a list of changes in the change log (http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=10503).

You can view what special effects and statistical benefits are available from modules in a convenient spreadsheet on Google Docs (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhjQS5q4zBobdHUzclM4N1F0dUY1TzFhQlNJdTV0V Wc&usp=sharing).

Deviston
2013-05-31, 04:43 AM
Shoulders = shoulders
Cape = back

Garryl
2013-05-31, 09:50 AM
In D&D magic item slot terms, Shoulders = Back (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicItemBasics.htm#magicItemsOnTheBody). I know, it's kinda weird, just like there are no magic pants for your magic belts to hold up.

vasharanpaladin
2013-05-31, 12:39 PM
...I think you want "Urtragian"?

Also, I will be watching this. :smallbiggrin:

Deviston
2013-05-31, 01:55 PM
Sho nuff, harumph ::leans back over his coffee with bleary eyes::

Seerow
2013-05-31, 02:59 PM
Tagging this.

RoyVG
2013-06-01, 08:23 AM
I remember stumbling upon the Metroid as Incarnum some time ago and I liked the idea. Incarnum is one of my favorite sub systems. Im subscribing to this.

Garryl
2013-06-17, 03:59 PM
Changes since May 26. Some of these are already up, the rest I'll be posting some time today.

Cybernetics and Activating
- Fire-based module effects now have rules for functioning underwater. Previously, as supernatural abilities, they simply did not work.
- Energy capacity at level 30+ now follows the same formula as below level 30.

Cyberneticist
- Integrated Module Focus changed to Attached Module Focus.

Energy Warrior
- Now has martial weapon proficiency.
- Energy Beam ability revamped.

Modules
- New modules: Eternal Engine, Fire Field, Lightning Rod, Psychosynthesis, Spell Breaker
- Completed modules: Arcanosynthesis, Nightmare Ward, Nova Beam, Rezbit Controller, Scrambler, Terranean Resonator, Uttercold Core
- Armor Class is now properly capitalized in module descriptions.
- Saving Throw lines in module descriptions should be more accurate now.
- Several minor typos fixed.
- Biofeedback (hands) rewritten.
- Chrono Beam grants a competence bonus to initiative instead of insight. Damage bonus from energy allocation increased.
- Dark Beam's base and energy effects rewritten.
- Disruption Crescent (visor) ability to bypass or negate critical immunity increased from 25% to 50%.
- Energy Weapon is now WIP.
- Exploration Kit now has the Equipment descriptor.
- G-Lifter now has the Equipment descriptor and is a Dreadnought module.
- Hammer Beam (energy emitter) now affects objects.
- Impulse Soles now has the Equipment descriptor.
- Kinetic Accelerator (arms) now affects objects.
- Light Beam's base effect rewritten.
- Missile Launcher now has the Equipment descriptor.
- Plasma Beam now allows you to set yourself on fire as a free action instead of a standard action.
- Quake Stompers now has the Equipment descriptor.
- Universal Translator is now WIP.

Feats
- Added the Heavy Energy Beam feat.
- Added Amechra's Technological Aesthetic, Temporary Craftsmanship, Effortless Invention, and Pocket Industry feats.

Spells and Other Magic Systems
- Added the following new spells: Phantom HUD, Touchless Screen, Virtual Desktop
- Added the following new spells, based on spells and powers from D20 Modern's Urban Arcana sourcebook: Burglar's Buddy, Dataread, Degauss, Magic ID, Power Device, Recharge, Relay Text
- Added the following new powers: Networking, Psychic Interface
- Added the following new powers, based on spells and powers from D20 Modern's Urban Arcana sourcebook: Call Ammunition, White Noise
- Added the Cybernetics mantle.

Races
- Urtraghusian Space Pirates renamed to Urtragian Space Pirates.

Equipment and Items
- Increased nanorifle base damage from 1d10 to 1d12.
- Increased pulse cannon base damage from 1d6 to 1d8.
- Armor weights and costs are now complete.
- Added Light Combat Armor.
- Added rules for magical properties created as cybernetic properties.
- Internal Biosensor armor gadget now requires an onboard computer.
- Added Tempest Hardened miscellaneous gadget.

Creatures and Monsters
- Observer wireless communication range increased from 100 feet to 1 mile.

Garryl
2013-06-17, 10:02 PM
I'm trying to work out some sort of metamagic-type effect for modules. I have two main ideas.

1) Metasockets. Spend a feat to get a metasocket (and a single free attachment to it, like with the Access Socket feats). Any modules attached to a metasocket gains a benefit, but has a lower energy capacity. Since it's already attached to a socket, you also can't attach the module to another socket. Only modules can be attached to metasockets. Different metasockets provide different benefits at the cost of different amounts of energy capacity.

Empower Module [Metasocket]
Prerequisites: Access to a socket.
Benefits: You gain access to the Empower metasocket. All variable, numeric effects of modules attached to the Empower metasocket are increased by one-half.
The energy capacity of a module attached to the Empower metasocket is reduced by 1.
In addition, the first attachment you make to this metasocket does not count against your limit of socket attachments.
Special: Only modules can be attached to metasockets. Metasockets are special sockets that modify the effects of modules at the cost of the module's energy capacity.

Maximize Module [Metasocket]
Benefits: You gain access to the Maximize metasocket. All variable, numeric effects of modules attached to the Maximize metasocket are maximized. Saving throws and opposed rolls are not affected, nor are module effects without random variables.
The energy capacity of a module attached to the Maximize metasocket is reduced by 2.
In addition, the first attachment you make to this metasocket does not count against your limit of socket attachments.
Special: Only modules can be attached to metasockets. Metasockets are special sockets that modify the effects of modules at the cost of the module's energy capacity.

Quicken Module [Metasocket]
Benefits: You gain access to the Quicken metasocket. Using an ability of a module attached to the Quicken metasocket that normally takes a move, standard, or full-round action instead takes a swift action.
The energy capacity of a module attached to the Quicken metasocket is reduced by 3.

2) Metaenergy. Spend a feat to get a point of metaenergy. In addition to functioning as normal energy, any module with metaenergy allocated to it gains a benefit, but has a lower energy capacity (if this drops the energy capacity to 0, you obviously can't allocate the metaenergy to it since the reduced energy capacity would boot the metaenergy out). Different types of metaenergy provide different benefits. Metaenergy can only be allocated to modules.

Empower Module [Metaenergy]
Benefits: You gain 1 point of Empower metaenergy. All variable, numeric effects of modules with any Empower metaenergy allocated to them are increased by one-half.
The energy capacity of a module with any Empower metaenergy allocated to it is reduced by 1.
Special: Metaenergy can only be allocated to modules. Metaenergy is a special type of energy that modifies the effects of a module it is allocated to at the cost of the module's energy capacity.

Maximize Module [Metaenergy]
Benefits: You gain 1 point of Maximize metaenergy. All variable, numeric effects of modules with any Maximize metaenergy allocated to them are maximized. Saving throws and opposed rolls are not affected, nor are module effects without random variables.
The energy capacity of a module with any Maximize metaenergy allocated to it is reduced by 2.
Special: Metaenergy can only be allocated to modules. Metaenergy is a special type of energy that modifies the effects of a module it is allocated to at the cost of the module's energy capacity.

Quicken Module [Metaenergy]
Benefits: You gain 1 point of Quicken metaenergy. Using an ability of a module with any Quicken metaenergy allocated to it that normally takes a move, standard, or full-round action instead takes a swift action.
The energy capacity of a module with any Quicken metaenergy allocated to it is reduced by 3.

Metaenergy is obviously a more player-friendly option, given that it has a bonus as a side effect (+1 energy) instead of a penalty (module can't be attached to any other socket). Metaenergy is also easier to combine, given that you can just allocate multiple types of metaenergy to a single module (assuming your energy capacity is high enough). It's more fluid because you can reallocate on the fly, as opposed to deciding when you refresh your energy to make socket attachments. Finally, it's easier to make it expandable; each time you take the feat, you can just gain 1 more point of the metaenergy. I don't know if this makes it better or just trickier to balance. Or maybe I need a middle ground. Thoughts?

Amechra
2013-06-17, 10:51 PM
Meta-Energy (I think a different term might be in order; Meta-Energy sounds clunky) looks like a good option.

If you go with the first option, though, Split Attachment pretty much becomes a "go to" option for anyone who wants to use multiple forms of meta-socketry. Which isn't a bad thing, per se, but needs to be taken into account.

The second route, however, is rather expensive. Cool and flexible, but you'd only be able to Empower/Quicken anything after 15th level at the earliest, and would only have 2 energy in them (3 for stuff attached to your Energy Emitter.)

LordErebus12
2013-06-18, 03:51 AM
Ever hear of the Chaositech sword and sorcery supplemental?

Garryl
2013-06-18, 05:18 PM
Meta-Energy (I think a different term might be in order; Meta-Energy sounds clunky) looks like a good option.

If you go with the first option, though, Split Attachment pretty much becomes a "go to" option for anyone who wants to use multiple forms of meta-socketry. Which isn't a bad thing, per se, but needs to be taken into account.

The second route, however, is rather expensive. Cool and flexible, but you'd only be able to Empower/Quicken anything after 15th level at the earliest, and would only have 2 energy in them (3 for stuff attached to your Energy Emitter.)

There's also the possibility of a middle ground between the two, something like the Improved Energy Capacity feat, where you just designate one module to be affected when you refresh your energy (and activate modules and make attachments). No messing about with sockets or energy allocation.

Or do something else entirely. Or nothing at all. Incarnum never had any sort of metashaping feats, and it works just fine, right?

Ever hear of the Chaositech sword and sorcery supplemental?

I can't say that I have. Is there anything in particular about it you want to point out?

LordErebus12
2013-06-18, 06:32 PM
I can't say that I have. Is there anything in particular about it you want to point out?

No, i have the pdf of it. there is a lot of things in it that are VERY interesting. I cant give any examples off the top of my head, but the entire thing is worth a read through.

Garryl
2013-06-27, 08:23 AM
The first draft of Phazon mechanics for the Metroid adaptation are up.

LordErebus12
2013-06-27, 03:33 PM
Chaositech is based roughly around various chaos powered technology. While it does corrupt the user, many things about it could be adapted to work without chaos with ease. Everything from power suits, chain swords, laser weapons, grenades, classes, monsters, mutations, etc. everything you could possibly need to introduce tech-like items into the game.

Most of it connects to something called a headclamp, allowing it to function via mental commands, its pretty cool. I got the pdf, if you'd like me to email it or something.

Garryl
2013-07-02, 11:49 PM
I'm trying, and failing, to come up with new module ideas for the Energy Warrior. Part of it, I feel, is that the EW doesn't have a distinct shtick other than Energy Beam (which is already well-covered). The Cyberneticist's modules are crazy technology things, the Dreadnought's modules are the tools of war, but the Energy Warrior's? Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Garryl
2014-08-22, 06:49 PM
I don't know if anyone is following this anymore over here, but I just finished a major update. after a year away from this project.

August 22, 2014

- Revised the formatting of most pages.

Dreadnought
- The Guardian talent specifies that the attack still applies if you're out of range.
- Changed Share Intuition to match the aura mechanics I've used in more recent and extensive material.

Modules
- Completed the following modules: Dueling Visor, Guardian Shield, Mercury Bow

Skills
- Added the Cryogenic Preservation and Cryorevival uses to the Heal skill.

Feats
- Added the Defensive Shot general feat.
- Added the Cybernetic Dilettante, Energy Claws, and Energy Fangs cybernetic feats.
- Added the Cybernetic Grafter item creation feat.
- Added the Systemic Reboot System system feat.
- Added the Gun Fu, Guns Akimbo, Hail of Lead, and Sword and Gun tactical feats.

Prestige Classes
- Deleter HD increased from d6 to d8.

Races
- Added Engi and Zoltan races. FTL fans rejoice!

Equipment and Items
- Removed WIP tag from Devastator and Shocksplinter cybernetic ammunition properties.
- Added the Evalucomp and Medicomp Sensor Package miscellaneous gadgets.
- Finished the IFF and Targeting HUD Package and the Armacomp, Chemicomp, Democomp, Electrocomp, and Geocomp Sensor Package miscellaneous gadgets.
- Added a large number of mundane items, although a few of them are copied straight from the d20 Modern/Future SRD.
- Added the Bottomless Magazine cybernetic item.
- Added the Plasteel material.
- Added the first set of Cybernetic Grafts: Bionic Eye, Electroplate Skin, Nanorepair Cells, Ocular Laser

Creatures and Monsters
- Increased the CR of Interceptor cybernetic drone from 2 to 3.
- Removed WIP tag from Medical Probe cybernetic drone.

Cybernetic Campaigns
- Added the Technician NPC class.

Metroid Adaptation
- Added the Phazon Energy Efficiency feat.
- Renamed the Phazon Adept prestige class's Phazon Body class feature to Phazon Infusion.
- Added the Phazon Behemoth and Phazon Husk templates.

June 27, 2013

Metroid Adaptation
- First posting of the Metroid adaptation.
- Added the Phazon Adept PrC.
- Added the Phazite Plating, Phazite Weapon, Phazon Animation, Phazon Aura, Phazon Control, and Phazon Enhancement modules.
- Added the Greater Phazon Tolerance, Improved Phazon Tolerance, Phazon Energy Conversion, Phazon Initiate, and Phazon Rage feats.
- Added the Phazite material.

radmelon
2014-08-23, 03:37 AM
Nice to see this back, I'd forgotten about it. And you added FTL stuff? Made my evening.

Hipster Dixit
2014-08-23, 04:59 PM
Man... why haven't I heard of this thing before? This is pure AWESOMENESS and deserves much more popularity. And I just scratched the surface...

Garryl
2014-08-23, 06:37 PM
Nice to see this back, I'd forgotten about it. And you added FTL stuff? Made my evening.

Yup. I'm also putting the finishing touches on the Lanius (the new race in FTL: Advanced Edition) as we speak.

Network
2014-08-23, 07:29 PM
I decided to take a look at this project and wow! It is the kind of subsystem I'd love to have a chance to play, and things seem really well-thought. It comes at no surprise that I find it very similar to incarnum, even to the point where the classes themselves seem inspired by those of MoI. Of course, the fluff is so different that they could very well exist separately in the same verse. Of course the fluff causes its own problems, since most D&D settings are not exactly futuristic, but whatever.

I did take notice of a strange thing though : Chapter 1 has a table where energy capacities of epic characters are referenced, but I found no mention of epic activators in any of the other sections. Did I oversee something? If not, then it's something which I'm looking forward to see. I know epic play isn't something that most people on board consider, so I understand if it wasn't your priority as far as the project is concerned, but I'm quite fond of it for some reason.

Garryl
2014-08-24, 12:49 AM
August 23, 2014

- Slightly altered the wording of most effects that add to a receptacle's energy capacity. No mechanical change, just a terminology change.

Cyberneticist
- Clarified that Technical Knowledge applies to cybernetic items as well as magic items.
- Renamed Attached Module Focus to Attachment Focus. Now affects all energy receptacles, not just modules.

Energy Warrior
- Energy Flare and the Energy Emitter capacity increase now function with any energy receptacle, not just modules.

Skills
- Added the Decode Device, Use a Device, and Use Cybernetic Item uses to the Use Magic Device skill.
- Added the Decode Device use to the Computer Use skill.

Feats
- Slightly altered how Systemic Reboot System functions. Its energy capacity increase now applies passively.

Prestige Classes
- Added the Inventor prestige class.

Races
- Added another FTL race, the Lanius.

Equipment and Items
- Completed the description of Cybernetic Devices.

I decided to take a look at this project and wow! It is the kind of subsystem I'd love to have a chance to play, and things seem really well-thought. It comes at no surprise that I find it very similar to incarnum, even to the point where the classes themselves seem inspired by those of MoI. Of course, the fluff is so different that they could very well exist separately in the same verse. Of course the fluff causes its own problems, since most D&D settings are not exactly futuristic, but whatever.

If you want to use cybernetics mechanics in a fantasy setting, check out this quick and dirty adaptation (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2554.0).

I did take notice of a strange thing though : Chapter 1 has a table where energy capacities of epic characters are referenced, but I found no mention of epic activators in any of the other sections. Did I oversee something? If not, then it's something which I'm looking forward to see. I know epic play isn't something that most people on board consider, so I understand if it wasn't your priority as far as the project is concerned, but I'm quite fond of it for some reason.

Epic cybernetics is something I'd always hoped to support, albeit not heavily. I have a few ideas, but nothing concrete. I've gone through a few design iterations for epic modules, and I am currently considering some that would function along the lines of the Binder's epic vestiges.

Garryl
2014-08-25, 05:05 PM
August 25, 2014

Modules
- Completed the following modules: Dragonfire Rifle, Energy Weapon, Gravitic Amplifier.
- Modules that create weapons and armor out of pure energy (Disruption Crescent, Mercury Bow, Power Suit, etc.) now count the object created as an energy receptacle that shares the module's energy allocation.

Actions in Combat
- Added the Aim special attack.
- Autofire attacks now use the weakest of all ammunition fire for all aspects of the attack when using multiple types of ammo.

Skills
- Added the Pinpoint Sound use to the Listen skill.
- Added the DCs to hear gunfire and grenade explosions with the Listen skill.

Feats
- Added the Awesome Blast, Pinpoint Shot, Quick Aim, and Sniper general feats.
- Added the Called Shot tactical feat.
- The +1 activator level and +1 energy bonuses of Cybernetic and System feats are now listed with the feats' normal benefits, not under the special tag.

Races
- Altered the wording of Lanius's Metallic Biology to more accurately follow the intent of interactions with Construct-only effects.
- Corrected the terminology of the Zoltan's Zoltan Energy Shield (absorption, not hit points).

Equipment and Items
- Completed the Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Heavy Bolter, and TacMil Sniper Rifle weapons.
- Completed the Metal Storm Bolter Round ammunition.
- Stun Baton damage increased from 1d4 to 1d6.
- Tweaked the prices and statistics of some grenades. Finished filling in grenade Craft DCs.
- Added the Night Vision Scope and Rangefinder Scope weapon gadgets.
- Added the Cyberforge Gauntlets general cybernetic item.

Metroid Adaptation
- The Phazite Weapon module now counts the object created as an energy receptacle that shares the module's energy allocation.
- The +1 activator level and +1 energy bonuses of Cybernetic and System feats are now listed with the feats' normal benefits, not under the special tag.

Another update. This one has a bunch of goodies for ranged weapon users.

Garryl
2014-08-27, 07:33 PM
August 27, 2014

Energy Warrior
- Added Intimidate and Tumble as class skills.
- Multiple modules changing your energy beam damage type now causes it to deal amalgam damage.

Modules
- Completed the following modules: Energy Restoration, Hydro Guard.
- Simplified Dueling Visor. No longer gives enemies a bonus on attacks against you that's sort of like not seeing them but really isn't, and the AC bonus now just doesn't start up until the end of the turn so that you can't cheese target locks against each foe you provoke AoOs from. The Feet attachment now applies its +4 dodge bonus to AC vs. everyone's AoOs, rather than excluding your target, it just doesn't stack with the +2 vs. your lock.
- Polar Star's helmet attachment now has rules for limbs with sensory organs. If all of a creature's limbs are iced, it is now paralyzed.

Universal Special Abilities
- Added the definition of amalgam damage.

Feats
- Typo and wording fixes.
- Quick Aim clarifies that the aim + full attack option still limits the aim bonus to your first attack after aiming.
- Reworked Systemic Reboot System. Now grants +1 energy capacity to systems with no energy allocated, and allows 1 System reallocation per day per energy allocated.

Prestige Classes
- Added the Bounty Hunter prestige class.

Equipment and Items
- Devastator and Shocksplinter ammunition properties no longer implicitly and unintentionally turn their attacks into touch attacks.
- Added the Magnetic Boots item.

Creatures and Monsters
- Fixed a few typos and formatting errors in the stat blocks.
- Medical Probe now has a link to the homebrew it uses (the Medic class).

Metroid Adaptation
- Added the Phazon Creature template.
- Typo correction in the Phazon Behemoth template.

Garryl
2014-08-28, 09:52 PM
August 28, 2014

Cybernetics and Activating
- Tweaked the overview to give a slightly fuller but still very simple description containing everything you really need to know without getting bogged down in minutiae.

Modules
- Added the following module: Storm Rifle.
- Completed the following modules: Gravity Beam, Wave Beam.
- Annihilator Beam's Core attachment is now a Utility attachment.
- Buffed Stealth Field's Core attachment. Now provides immunity to target locks and to targeted mind-affecting effects.

Spells and Other Magic Systems
- Clarified that Detect Cybernetics does not detect cybernetic creatures in and of themselves.

Races
- Added the Easy Repair racial trait for Cybots.
- The Engi's Accelerated Crafting ability now applies to all objects, not just non-organic ones. Added the Reshabaple Body racial trait. Engi can now heal damage naturally.
- Slight wording tweaks to various Lanius racial abilities. Lanius no longer need to drink.
- Corrected the Zoltan's Power Device ability accidentally referring to itself as a spell.

Metroid Adaptation
- Changed the Phazon Adept's Activator Level ability so that it works as intended with Activate Module and doesn't count twice at 2nd level if you progress an activating class.

Now up to 93 completed modules; 87 in the regular list, plus 6 more Metroid modules.

Garryl
2014-09-05, 09:15 PM
September 5, 2014

Modules
- Completed the following modules: Restoration Matrix.
- Rewrote the Energy Transfer module. Now also an Energy Warrior module.
- Storm Rifle's arms attachment now plays nice with the support attachment.

Feats
- Improved Energy Capacity can be taken multiple times.

Prestige Classes
- Reformatted prerequisites.
- Added the Arcane Inductance ability to the Arcanosynthesist, allowing them to add (but not remove) energy to spells on the fly. Reduced entry requirement from 3 modules to 2.
- Bounty Hunter altered so that non-Energy Warrior entries are possible. Removed the incorrect bit about the enhancement bonus of your Energy Beam progressing, which is nonsensical with the current version of the Energy Warrior's Energy Beam ability.
- Reduced Nanotheurge entry requirement from 3 modules to 2.

Equipment and Items
- Added tables summarizing cybernetic weapon properties, cybernetic armor properties, general cybernetic items, and gadgets.
- Completed the Desert Eagle, Falcon .45, and Glock 20 weapons.
- Completed the Irradiating and Irradiating Burst cybernetic weapon properties.
- Added the Camouflage Field and Minor Shielding cybernetic armor properties.
- Added the Cyberforge Arm Guards, Weapon Energy Cell, and Disposable Weapon Energy Cell general cybernetic items.
- Priced out buying a Cryorevival.
- Added the Elbow Rockets cybernetic graft.

Metroid Adaptation
- Changed the Phazite Plating module from granting a natural armor bonus directly to granting an enhancement bonus to your natural armor like most things do. The Shielding attachment now grants an enhancement bonus to SR from any energy, rather than Phazon energy.
- The Phazon Aura, Phazon Control, and Phazon Enhancement modules are now also Energy Warrior modules. Phazon Enhancement is no longer a Cyberneticist module.
- Completed the Phazon Beam module.
- Added the Phazon Wraith creature.

September 6, 2014

Environment and Exploration
- Added rules for atmospheric effects, including atmosphere thickness, atmosphere contents, vacuums, and sudden decompression.

Garryl
2014-10-29, 11:51 PM
October 5, 2014

Modules
- Completed the following modules: Autoturret Construction Kit.
- Typo/wording correction in the Energy Transfer module's utility socket ability description.
- Tweaked how Observers from the Observer Relay module are replaced. You can now order them to self-destruct as a free action; they no longer do so when you try to create a new one while one is already deployed. Removed the no-longer necessary bit about recalling them into the module as a standard action.

Spellcasting and Magic
- Tweaked the way multiple Access Socket spells apply.

Creatures and Monsters
- Added set of "turret" creatures, including the Autoturret, Hover Autoturret, Missile Turret, and Plasma Turret.

October 17, 2014

Skills
- Tweaked Computer Use DCs for operating a remote device to account for no security. The net DCs are the same, all that's changed is what portion comes from the base DC and what portion comes from the security.

Feats
- Added the Craft Cybernetic Construct feat.
- Energy Claws and Energy Fangs can now be used together, and alongside other natural weapon energy beams.
- Gun Kata now also grants proficiency with all simple firearms, because otherwise it's kinda useless for single-classed monks. Stupid monk proficiencies.

Prestige Classes
- The Inventor's Item Creation now properly uses your Inventor activator level +2 instead of your class level +2 for meeting prerequisites. Now clarifies that you can't emulate special or epic sockets.

Equipment and Items
- Bioplast (and by extension, Nutriplast), now specifies the action required to use it and that it requires a melee touch attack to apply to an unwilling creature.
- Added the Warp Gate and Warp Pylon general cybernetic items.
- Added the Altered Nerve Clusters, Arm Mount, and Wired Reflexes cybernetic grafts.

Creatures and Monsters
- Added construction costs and requirements for cybernetic drones.
- Hover Autoturret changed to CR 3 (instead of CR 2).

October 30, 2014

Modules
- Added the following modules: Twilight Reactor.
- Completed the following modules: Screaming Cannon.
- Holographic Projector visor attachment buffed and now functions as silent image instead of a much lesser version of the spell.
- Revised the Temporal Accelerator's Core socket effect. Now based on the wording of the anticipatory strike power instead of the celerity spell. This makes it a little more flexible, but makes it affected by action denial and impossible to use to gain bonus actions.

Equipment and Items
- Tweaked the wording of a few gadgets. No mechanical changes.
- Cybernetic devices are now a standard action to use and can be activated at any time, not just while refreshing energy.
- Added the Bionic Arm, Bionic Leg, Gyroscopic Knee Replacement, Leg Compartment, and Leg Portal cybernetic grafts.

Garryl
2016-03-21, 08:58 PM
It lives! Well, sort of. I'm just dragging this back from the void for a bit because I've made some updates that have been a long time in the making. By which I mean I started them in early 2015, moved on to other things, then came back and finished them just now. I don't have any plans to continue making more content for this (although who knows). With 3 base classes, 7 PrCs, 6 races, over 100 modules, numerous creatures and templates, more feats than I care to count, dozens of items, and a whole bunch of spells, powers, skill uses, and new mechanics for good measure, I'd say it's got a comfortably large amount of content as-is.

Anyways, hopefully this piques your interest and is at least an enjoyable read.

Fizban
2016-03-26, 07:26 AM
I'd read that to-do list, nice that it's done now. Not much to say, there's an extra word in Nanobot Dissolution (you can make separate yourself). I've been plugging the thing everywhere it seems appropriate though, since it's on my list of full homebrew systems of awesomeness.

Don't remember if I mentioned it but I did get to play a Cyberneticist for a while, until the game imploded. Was fun, in no particular order: made full use of Observer Relay including as a body-blocker, churned out some Lightning Rods, let foes run into my Autoturrets, grapple-locked with the Grapple Lasso, staged a three way telepathic interrogation with the Mind Scanner, used the Missile Launcher in tight quarters with careful targeting, and animated a Wyvern Husk for maximum power with Phazon Animation which I later rode across town while chasing a doppelganger. Also royally ticked off another player who was enjoying the fact that he hadn't openly declared evil alignment when I was using the Essence Balancer to search for shady characters, granted he had no idea I'd be detecting alignment when we agreed I'd set up for maximum detection that day. Also pegged a guy with the Plague Launcher (one of the coolest weapons ever), may have prevented a bad flank but was rather eclipsed by the full attack of the Wyvern Husk on the other side of the building against unarmored foes for massive damage.

All in all, pretty much performed as expected: a punishing number of options at competitive power level compared to the mid-low op of the rest of the party, though they were all using builds specialized in things that are not options (TWF sneak attack, generic barbarian, and Techsmith-that's cleric with construct companion), with more range and simply some things that are not expected to be do-able (Obs and Turret in particular). Either of the combat focused activators would have been massively overpowered, but it's clear from your work that you aim at the mid-high end so that's expected. Not that I actually failed at anything I was doing, but the numbers were low enough that soloing the whole room at least seemed off the table, maybe, until the Wyvern.

I do still think that the Cyberneticist is getting the short end of a stick since the Dreadnought and Energy Warrior get multiplicative attacks and the same number of modules while the former has some very flat caps on their actual damage output. I'd probably find that the lack of bonus feats combined with the feat cost of getting more socket abilities is a bigger problem than I expect, but I haven't built anything other than the one Cyberneticist (link here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=142657) if you're interested). I'd expect that any high level Cyber would be aiming towards inventing their own combo module to power up their favorite offensive effect. I had the Flux Capacitor all planned out for time lightning.

Kiton2
2016-08-09, 06:30 AM
Even converted to PF, it's better balanced than much of the Akashic materials.
Gonna be using it soon, actually.

Garryl
2016-08-15, 02:43 AM
Hmm... I haven't done any work on this in a little while, but doing a Pathfinder conversion might be a fun idea if I'm looking for a different angle to tackle.

Were there any things that jumped out at you in the way of changes for Pathfinder, aside from the obvious like skills? I'm curious about what you might have done for your game's conversion of this material.

khadgar567
2016-08-15, 03:01 AM
Hmm... I haven't done any work on this in a little while, but doing a Pathfinder conversion might be a fun idea if I'm looking for a different angle to tackle.

Were there any things that jumped out at you in the way of changes for Pathfinder, aside from the obvious like skills? I'm curious about what you might have done for your game's conversion of this material.
check akashic mysteries hand cannon is already created in there

Kiton2
2016-08-16, 03:11 PM
Hand Cannons Don't even get me started on that piece of trash. It's about 2/3 the reason I ended up with this instead! Originally 'hand cannons' were pretty much half the build, and they turned out so rotten I had to swap out for a full retraining into some twisted multiclass amalgamation... For the most part (player after all) it's being used straight up, as-is, save for the skills (including rank requirements) being adjusted for PF.

Favored Class Bonuses: 3.X didn't do this, but for pathfinder it ranges from "increase the damage dealt by the disruption crescent module by 1/2" for races that really want nothing to do with the class to "Get 1/5 of a few concurrent socket connection". 1/X of a new Blade Skill and 1/X of an additional Astral Suit Customization Point, for example. This sometimes varies a bit to fit the class' growth pattern: Akashic Daevics for example had 1/6th energy growth iirc vs 1/4th for a vizier.

Sockets: There is currently no multiclassing or even prestige class compatibility for socketing. You just get nothing. Move into a PRC as, say, Energy Warrior 12, and 8 levels later all you've gotten socket-wise to show for it is leasts again (you already have them) and lessers again (you already have them). I'd suggest at least moving things up one step when you would get Lesser and Greater a second time, or something like that (it may need a bit of adjustment to account for dreadnoughts)

Crafting: No longer requires XP, so such abilities/boons are an 'empty slot' on pathfinder characters.

Firearms: Quick note: Firing prone comes by default to these in PF. Crossbows too. Makes prone-shot (THE PF FEAT) rather useless, but here it just means you no longer have to explain it for every gun. Little Railgun gets it too. Now. Here's one of those cases of "problem, written as "opportunity"". Firearms as we well know are kiiiinda trash in PF. There's several 'settings' to them though, from the basic rules "Emergent"(costs as listed in all the books except Rasputin Must Die) to "Guns Everywhere" (where they're still too expensive and weak compared to bows).
Now. Many people hate the fact that it's resolved against Touch-AC. The weapons you have here are not trash, but they ARE a little inaccurate for a bunch of BAB 15 classes. Their ammunition capacity and overall performance in no way excuses them being exotics, obviously, but means they won't be behind longbow DPR despite having incredible accuracy.

So since it's going to be clashing systems anyways in this one way, I suggest, rather than rewriting the whole damn thing: Your firearms here and in modules *instead* "Resolve against Flatfooted AC" (much like how vs-touch isn't an RTA). Just "use the number here", not "haha sneak attack on every shot". You cannot dodge laser beam... But at least six inch thick armored scales will help again.

You can also just state the listed prices are "Guns Everywhere" values but in exchange lower the ammunition costs so they don't lose compatibility with bottomless or whatever. Also rename the railgun to maybe coilgun/gauss-rifle to not step on some toes. Speaking of, the wording on Burst-Fire seems to be compatible with the near-worthless Heavy Weapons of the technology guide (by the time anyone can afford a railgun getting that damage as a full round action is pathetic, sad and basically worthless) which is a wonderful little 'glitch' that makes things like the rocket launcher great again.

The two different autofires aren't all that incompatible, playwise. In fact the current ability to add Autofire to an already Autofire weapon, for an extra 5' radius somewhere in that line, is rather handy.

You'll want a cybernetic source of +1 basic enchantment (or just count Energized as it), otherwise only magical weapons can gain, say, the Energized quality to install a weapon cell or the like. Which is rather silly.

Modules:
Teleporter types may occasionally want an equivalency or compatibility written in to allow them to work with something like dimensional dervish feat chain.

Some kind of energy resistance/immunity penetration source may be needed, lest everyone dip Aegis>Initiator Soul>Elemental-Flux>Elemental-Focus just to be able to use their favorite equipment module.

Dodge is global in Pathfinder, as opposed to something you have to lock onto like in 3.5 normally. The Dueling Visor may want to reflect these changes, though it's overall not too bad.

Expending Energy is rather final, and can't be combined with temporary energy. Quite often while testing out energy balancing for a default loadout I came to realize I had no actual use for temporary after realizing I couldn't just burn it. One thing Akashic did do right was make temporary essence burnable; it basically has very limited usage if it can't be expended otherwise.

That's all I can think of right now, but I'll go back through the feats and modules over the next day or two to see what might be redundant or need clarification/etc.

Edit: Quick extras:
Amalgam damage is the opposite of the "half X half Y" plaguing the technology guide, and as such is a very good thing - but it might be worth noting how beam-emitter damage type modifications apply weapons that do that!

"Crystal" isn't really covered by standard pathfinder rules though Deep Crystal is (for psionics). So the Vibroblade description could use a tweak.

Missiles are gonna want a bit more love and compatibility what with all the weapons and upgrades and stuff. They're fun; making them a primary option should be viable.

Inventor gives least socket access, and then least socket access a second time at 5th, at which point you have Least socket access at least thrice all on one character!

Some of the visors might need new ideas for initial bonuses, as search, spot and listen were all combined into one, and now some modules give bonuses to one or two of the three at a time, which is gonna get a bit redundant

Dreadnought "Opposition" should probably apply to CMB/CMD now

Since "archetypes" tend to be a thing in PF, the Energy Warrior could probably be condensed massively (or PRC'd or taken apart and given to the other two... lots of things come to mind): The Energy Emitter socket is the only way to alter one's weapons with modules the way it does, but the drawback goes both ways: An E.Warrior can't just make a dragonfire rifle as his energy beam, and a cyberneticist can't turn his missiles into terrors-of-the-warp beams. But there's a bit of "soulknife 3.x" stigma in the class primarily getting just "the weapon and upgrades to the weapon".

Garryl
2016-08-18, 01:51 AM
Don't even get me started on that piece of trash. It's about 2/3 the reason I ended up with this instead! Originally 'hand cannons' were pretty much half the build, and they turned out so rotten I had to swap out for a full retraining into some twisted multiclass amalgamation... For the most part (player after all) it's being used straight up, as-is, save for the skills (including rank requirements) being adjusted for PF.

First off, thanks a ton for the feedback and insight.

Favored Class Bonuses: 3.X didn't do this, but for pathfinder it ranges from "increase the damage dealt by the disruption crescent module by 1/2" for races that really want nothing to do with the class to "Get 1/5 of a few concurrent socket connection". 1/X of a new Blade Skill and 1/X of an additional Astral Suit Customization Point, for example. This sometimes varies a bit to fit the class' growth pattern: Akashic Daevics for example had 1/6th energy growth iirc vs 1/4th for a vizier.

Interesting. I'll have to look into what they've done with that already for other classes.

Sockets: There is currently no multiclassing or even prestige class compatibility for socketing. You just get nothing. Move into a PRC as, say, Energy Warrior 12, and 8 levels later all you've gotten socket-wise to show for it is leasts again (you already have them) and lessers again (you already have them). I'd suggest at least moving things up one step when you would get Lesser and Greater a second time, or something like that (it may need a bit of adjustment to account for dreadnoughts)

Yeah. That part of the mechanics is a holdover from the original Magic of Incarnum. It has the advantage of giving you a degree of socket access progression if you got in to the PrC solely with feats and not classes, but it definitely hampers combinations of multiple PrCs. It's worth considering changing the PrCs that progress your activating through an existing class to also progress your socket access by class as well as the fixed access, so you get your level-appropriate sockets when going between PrCs and stuff. Might require a little rejiggering, since part of the "cost" of going into many of the PrCs as opposed to straight base classes is that you don't get access to the Core socket before epic levels.

Crafting: No longer requires XP, so such abilities/boons are an 'empty slot' on pathfinder characters.

I think this just affects the Inventor (been a little while so I don't remember everything directly from memory). For PF, I'd probably replace the Craft Reserve's free crafting XP with an equivalent amount of free crafting materials (converting from XP to gp, that would be 12.5 gp per XP it used to give, I think).

Firearms: Quick note: Firing prone comes by default to these in PF. Crossbows too. Makes prone-shot (THE PF FEAT) rather useless, but here it just means you no longer have to explain it for every gun. Little Railgun gets it too. Now. Here's one of those cases of "problem, written as "opportunity"". Firearms as we well know are kiiiinda trash in PF. There's several 'settings' to them though, from the basic rules "Emergent"(costs as listed in all the books except Rasputin Must Die) to "Guns Everywhere" (where they're still too expensive and weak compared to bows).
Now. Many people hate the fact that it's resolved against Touch-AC. The weapons you have here are not trash, but they ARE a little inaccurate for a bunch of BAB 15 classes. Their ammunition capacity and overall performance in no way excuses them being exotics, obviously, but means they won't be behind longbow DPR despite having incredible accuracy.

So since it's going to be clashing systems anyways in this one way, I suggest, rather than rewriting the whole damn thing: Your firearms here and in modules *instead* "Resolve against Flatfooted AC" (much like how vs-touch isn't an RTA). Just "use the number here", not "haha sneak attack on every shot". You cannot dodge laser beam... But at least six inch thick armored scales will help again.

You can also just state the listed prices are "Guns Everywhere" values but in exchange lower the ammunition costs so they don't lose compatibility with bottomless or whatever. Also rename the railgun to maybe coilgun/gauss-rifle to not step on some toes. Speaking of, the wording on Burst-Fire seems to be compatible with the near-worthless Heavy Weapons of the technology guide (by the time anyone can afford a railgun getting that damage as a full round action is pathetic, sad and basically worthless) which is a wonderful little 'glitch' that makes things like the rocket launcher great again.

The two different autofires aren't all that incompatible, playwise. In fact the current ability to add Autofire to an already Autofire weapon, for an extra 5' radius somewhere in that line, is rather handy.

I'm not familiar at all with Pathfinder firearms, so I'll definitely have to read up on them. Good idea about adding ways to increase the autofire radius, though.

You'll want a cybernetic source of +1 basic enchantment (or just count Energized as it), otherwise only magical weapons can gain, say, the Energized quality to install a weapon cell or the like. Which is rather silly.

Cybernetic weapons and armor can already have enhancement bonuses (the usual +1 to +5). It's right up there at the top of the Cybernetic Weapon Properties and Cybernetic Armor Properties sections, although it's WAY too easy to miss. I'll adjust the formatting to it's more visible if I ever get back to it.

Modules:
Teleporter types may occasionally want an equivalency or compatibility written in to allow them to work with something like dimensional dervish feat chain.

Check out the Assassin Teleporter module. It's essentially that feat chain all together.

Some kind of energy resistance/immunity penetration source may be needed, lest everyone dip Aegis>Initiator Soul>Elemental-Flux>Elemental-Focus just to be able to use their favorite equipment module.

The Cryo Core module has this effect built into it. I think some of the acid-based ones have something like that too, although I'm probably mixing them up with some abilities I've used for other projects. Activators are generally about versatility, rather than brute force. Instead of pushing past a resistance or immunity, the optimal strategy for them should (usually) be to switch to an alternative attack form that their target isn't strong against. Although spellcasters have metamagic feats along those lines for fire and cold, so it's certainly worth looking into.

On a side note, I'm curious how this energy penetration combo you mentioned works. I'm not familiar at all with any of the four things you mentioned. Could you please explain how it works?

Dodge is global in Pathfinder, as opposed to something you have to lock onto like in 3.5 normally. The Dueling Visor may want to reflect these changes, though it's overall not too bad.

I originally wrote Dueling Visor's effects with the assumption that 3.5's Dodge was woefully inadequate. If it merits a buff in Pathfinder, it'll probably also merit a buff in 3.5.

Expending Energy is rather final, and can't be combined with temporary energy. Quite often while testing out energy balancing for a default loadout I came to realize I had no actual use for temporary after realizing I couldn't just burn it. One thing Akashic did do right was make temporary essence burnable; it basically has very limited usage if it can't be expended otherwise.

Energy expenditure and/or temporary energy might need a bit of a rework if that's the case. That said, expending energy is sort of like cybernetics' form of per-day abilities, and the ready availability of many sources of temporary energy would pretty much negate that. This might be a problem with temporary energy, though.

What sort of trouble were you having with making use of temporary energy? There should be plenty of capacity across your modules to make use of it.

That's all I can think of right now, but I'll go back through the feats and modules over the next day or two to see what might be redundant or need clarification/etc.

Edit: Quick extras:
Amalgam damage is the opposite of the "half X half Y" plaguing the technology guide, and as such is a very good thing - but it might be worth noting how beam-emitter damage type modifications apply weapons that do that!

What's the problem with it? I don't understand the issue.

"Crystal" isn't really covered by standard pathfinder rules though Deep Crystal is (for psionics). So the Vibroblade description could use a tweak.

No more mundane crystal in PF? Boo! Any ideas as to what Pathfinder materials might make a good replacement?

Missiles are gonna want a bit more love and compatibility what with all the weapons and upgrades and stuff. They're fun; making them a primary option should be viable.

Check out the Ice Spreader module. It lets you add some potent crowd control to them, and/or let them benefit from energy beam-related effects.

Inventor gives least socket access, and then least socket access a second time at 5th, at which point you have Least socket access at least thrice all on one character!

Thanks for catching that! The text is right, but the table is wrong. It should be lesser socket access at 5th.

Some of the visors might need new ideas for initial bonuses, as search, spot and listen were all combined into one, and now some modules give bonuses to one or two of the three at a time, which is gonna get a bit redundant

Skills. Can't ever forget about the skills.

Dreadnought "Opposition" should probably apply to CMB/CMD now

Just CMD, I think. It only adds the bonuses to resist the combat maneuvers as-is, not to use them yourself.

Since "archetypes" tend to be a thing in PF, the Energy Warrior could probably be condensed massively (or PRC'd or taken apart and given to the other two... lots of things come to mind): The Energy Emitter socket is the only way to alter one's weapons with modules the way it does, but the drawback goes both ways: An E.Warrior can't just make a dragonfire rifle as his energy beam, and a cyberneticist can't turn his missiles into terrors-of-the-warp beams. But there's a bit of "soulknife 3.x" stigma in the class primarily getting just "the weapon and upgrades to the weapon".

You might not be giving the Energy Warrior enough credit. Even with all of those class features focusing on your energy beam, you still get a lot of modules, energy, and sockets beyond that. Plus, unlike the Soulknife, you get a lot better weapon than just store-bought.

Kiton2
2016-08-18, 03:35 AM
PF autofire weapons are vastly different from the autofire rules you wrote for PoC. They attack everything in a line out to their maximum range or until they hit something they cannot penetrate (if hardness/DR/etc prevent you from dealing even 1HP to something hit, the attack stops there). They're also completely incompatible with damage feats. As in no deadly aim, only the to-hit from point-blank shot, not even vital strike or psionic shot. So it's basically a 'line' without the reflex saves that make lightning bolt so weak. Adding Autofire to Autofire means I get that 5ft burst somewhere along the line. Which is kinda neat.

The PF firearms are... well they're overpriced trash, and deliberately designed to be so. The higher the tech level (ancient, modern, then high-"technological") the worse they get, to the point where a 2d6fire laser rifle costs 20 000gp, and 5gp a shot if you craft the shots. Which you can't, because you need two colossal artifact buildings (no seriously) just to craft said batteries. Of course, by the time you can afford 20k for a not-yet-enchanted weapon, things are immune to fire anyways. Using them requires shenanigans to produce the weapons in a fashion extremely similar to the 'energy beam' ability (there's a small handful, all of which are 3rd party).

Cybernetic weapons and armor can already have enhancement bonuses (the usual +1 to +5). It's right up there at the top of the Cybernetic Weapon Properties and Cybernetic Armor Properties sections, although it's WAY too easy to miss. I'll adjust the formatting to it's more visible if I ever get back to it. I never even noticed. My bad.

Elemental Focus Combo:
Aegis is a DSP class that's like if soulknives didn't suck (actually they no LONGER suck, their new archetypes are amazing and versatile, but for a long time......) and created an armor for themselves instead. You get to pack said 'armor' with customizations, which are a great range of abilities, making this a perfect class for dipping if you're anything but a full-caster. For martials who often suffer from mobility, utility and environmental issues without big chunks of their wealth, this is great. It also opens up access (expensive though) to initiator maneuvers (Path of War is the PF remake of Book of 9 Swords).

Elemental Flux is a four-elements based discipline whose high level abilities can let you breach immunities and resistances to your energy damage. Elemental Focus is a feat it grants access to that lets you do this even more reliably: your chosen element ignores up to your level in resistance, and treats immunity as half damage past 10th level. Very useful since there's even more outsiders in pathfinder, and they're immune or resistant to even more stuff, and utterly critical if you dare use a weapon that's "half fire and half electricity" (pretty much the entire upper and lower planes are gonna laugh that one off without E.Focus)

For temporary energy, It's more that, well, take a Cyberneticist 20. You have 25 (probably 27-28 with feats included) energy to distribute. Obviously there's 6 in your main weapon module for the enhancement bonus (gotta deal with epics I'm sure). 6 again in a defensive one, say, Power Suit. And so on. But the temporary stuff? Adding more power to energy tank temporarily doesn't increase current hitpoints does it?(does it??). Where to put it? Scan visor? I don't need that right now, can reallocate out of battle. The other skill boosters? Same deal. Astral Shift maybe? Will there be any use for it right now? Maybe ... Energy Transfer, maybe I'll need to heal someone more in the 4-ish rounds of this battle, one or two of which have already gone by?

Even on an Energy Warrior, I've already filled the power suit, the energy tank, the Beam Filter (just swap energy out at the same time) and one or two more modules. I could use it on a beam-expend? Well, can't. You're right that it's probably a bit too easy to obtain right now but the temporary energy also kinda lacks somewhere to really go.

Deep Crystal is a thing in 3pp: It's crystal but you can inject 2 power points into it to gain 2d6 on next hit. A quick way to really empty your fuel tank with an aegis, but what else are you gonna do with those PPs in a class that can't manifest without power-stone shenanigans? PF does have TONS of special materials though (google 'd20pfsrd special materials' for a rather huge page link) so maybe something will catch your fancy.

Amalgam Damage: It has no problem to speak of. However some weapons in pathfinder deal "Half X and Half Y", so it might be worth noting how things like an energy-emitter socket would alter such weapons. The "Half X and Half Y" is a complete drawback, the opposite of amalgam, but you pay for it as though it was a massive boon (again; deliberate "trap-option" on the devs part). Would both halves become necrotic under Dark Beam? Just one or the other? Would each instead amalgam with one of the parts? What happens? You decide!

Ice spreader module needs a little bit of clarification. Does it let you fire the missiles as normal energy beam too? or does it only mean you can apply energy socket effects to it? Ice spreader is rather nice overall, mind.

The skill ones are gonna be... yeah. Lots of consolidated stuff (balance/tumble/jump, search/spot/listen...) so quite a few become "this one gives +X perception, and this other one gives +x perception, and yet this other one... that's right!" which isn't necessarily bad, but hey, if there's time to make'em a bit more unique later on, worth looking into.

Finally: Regarding "socket access" levelling: As-is a level 20 dreadnought with 10 levels of any PRC still wouldn't have core access. I'm thinking maybe duplicates other than Least increase the level by 1. If you have two Lesser, that's Greater finally open (it'll have taken about as long), which if you already have access to Greater, adds up to having an opened Core. It's simple, and for the most part takes as long or longer than it would've as a straight cyberneticist (the fastest one to core as PRCs don't get core), exception being Cyberneticist 6th and 9 levels of a PRC that gives Greater, for a total of one level earlier. Or the levels could just add partially or something.

One note: Pathfinder doesn't really do 'epic levels' much since they decided to go for mythic ranks (brooooookeeeen but that's a different matter) which are an additional side progression instead.

Garryl
2017-07-09, 11:10 PM
Hey everybody. With the old MinMaxBoards going down and the community migrating to Min Max Forum, I took the opportunity to revise a few things with Power of Cybernetics while I was in the process of reposting and verifying everything. You can find the new index and material here (http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=8693.msg167507#msg167507), and the latest list of changes here (http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=10503.msg326016#msg326016).