PDA

View Full Version : Grand Tournament

Blackhawk748
2013-05-30, 08:51 PM
A buddy of mine is having a PvP tournament and im gonna make a few characters and i would like some help.

Tourney rules

No Disintegrate

Characters are Ecl 15

Homebrew is allowed he just needs to look at it.

Ring out is a win

Now my rules

no ToB, i dont know how to use it well so its not an option for me.

Now id like help optimizing a Dragonwrought Kobold Sorcerer, prbly gonna go Escalation mage/Incantatrix, and i will have wings.

I also saw a thread awhile ago about a Dread Blossom Swarm Symbiote creature (i think i got it right) and if i could get a link to the thread or someone just paraphrase it here that would be good.

and i wanna make a 3rd character but right now i cant think of anything, so ill take any suggestions anyone has

BowStreetRunner
2013-05-30, 08:55 PM
Dread Blossom Swarm Symbiote (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259833)

Callin
2013-05-30, 08:56 PM
Show up with this and tell your friend not to bother making a character (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285113)

Blackhawk748
2013-05-31, 08:41 PM
i told my DM about the tauric thing, he said no, and i agree with him, that thing is horrifying

137beth
2013-05-31, 09:03 PM
How big is the arena? How far apart will you start? This is really important for caster vs noncaster battles.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-05-31, 09:21 PM
If Maze (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/maze.htm) counts as a ringout, then this will be completely one-sided. Just use Moment of Prescience to guarantee you win initiative.

Blackhawk748
2013-06-02, 02:20 PM
the ring is 50 ft by 50 ft, as to how far away we are starting i do not know, and i dont think maze counts as a ring out

Emperor Tippy
2013-06-02, 02:59 PM
Let's see, Craft Contingent Greater Celerity to ensure that you act first, Craft Contingent Favor of the Martyr to negate the daze, Craft Contingent Sniper's Eye, Craft Contingent Guided Shot, and Craft Contingent Wraithstrike.

Now Unseelie Fey Gray Elf.

Rogue 1/ Factotum 8/ Rogue 2/Exemplar 1 (take the Penetrating Strike Alternate Class Feature from Expedition to Castle Ravenloft).

Feats you want Faerie Mysteries Initiate (Int to HP instead of Con, and your Con is 4 so this is a very good thing), Craven (+HD to damage on sneak attacks), Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, and every other feat spent on Font of Inspiration (including the 4 elven proficiencies that you Embrace/Shun into Font of Inspiration).

For items you want Hank's Energy Bow (with Splitting if you can afford it), Bracers of Murder (reroll 1's on sneak attacks), and Novice Shadowhands from Tome of Battle (get Assassins Stance and then replace them with something else).

The Greater Celerity ensures that you act first and thus your foe is flatfooted. Now attack as a standard action spending one IP to use Cunning Insight for Int to Damage (and another for Int to Attack if you think it necessary).

That is 2d6+4d6 (SA)+12 (Craven)+2 (enhancement)+8 (Int should be around 26) or 6d6+22. Splitting doubles that.

Now spend all of your IP to keep using Cunning Surge for extra standard actions. That is 6 times (using Cunning Insight for damage on each of them).

So 12 attacks that each deal 6d6+22 damage on a successful hit. Done before your enemy gets to take a single action.

This works unless you enemy has their own contingency to negate it.

Xervous
2013-06-02, 03:02 PM
By posting here with vague guidelines on what you are looking for, you can only expect people to post things like "LOL use this, other people shouldn't bother playing".

As for the dragonwrought kobold, don't bother with escalation mage, just model it on the mailman (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19868534/The_Mailman:_A_Direct_Damage_Sorcerer?pg=1) and call it a day. Tack on extra dragonwrought cheese if the DM says yes.

Emperor Tippy
2013-06-02, 03:06 PM
Hmm, how about using Shapechange while under the effects of Vow of Poverty?

Doable at ECL 8. And you get lots of extra turns to.