PDA

View Full Version : Spellbook challenge chat thread 1:

inuyasha
2013-05-30, 09:04 PM
this is where we discuss our entries n such for the spellbook challenge! Disscussion goes on here, and entries go in the other thread

Milo v3
2013-05-31, 02:21 AM
I haven't made spells in a while. Hmmm... Just need to think of cool ideas...

inuyasha
2013-05-31, 08:44 AM
Im so glad people are participating, spells can be hard work, but they are where you can really show off your creativity, ive made a few

Zaydos
2013-06-01, 12:34 AM
The hardest part is figuring out what's an appropriate level for the spells.

That said I promise I will start describing mine beyond the bare bone mechanics soon.

inuyasha
2013-06-01, 01:56 AM
cool :) Im very excited, though i must ask, was giving a month too overkill, or was the number of spells not enough?

Zaydos
2013-06-01, 02:03 AM
Seriously I don't know. When I have free time (which I do right now, too much of it) and inspiration (couldn't sleep last night I had so much) I make stuff fast. Even when I've done stuff like a base class for a challenge I've typically only taken a day to like 3 or 4 and that was when I had to make 2 disciplines and was making 2 classes. Also note that most of the spells submitted thus far are in some way or another in the planning stages, and that some of my spells stretch the definition of a fire theme (you make a flying boat... out of fire!). In my defense that's because the only flying boat that seems cool enough to use is one made of magically created fire that lets you sail through the sky like a second... I need to note that the boat produces light like a non-magical fire of the same size.

Now to try and figure out how much light a gargantuan bonfire should produce.

Edit: Also the lack of a cap on how many spells you can make might encourage quantity over quality, since at this point I'm mostly just throwing ideas out there and hoping some of them will be cool enough to attract people's attention.

smoke prism
2013-06-02, 04:27 PM
Sorry if this is me being dim,but you've put 6/30/2013 for the end date, but were I'm from there's only 12 months :smallbiggrin:. Do you mean 30/6/12.

Sorry if I'm just being dim, but it's been bugging me for a couple of days.

Gildedragon
2013-06-02, 05:19 PM
Date formatting isn't standardized, not even across English.
Thus why govt forms have letters or other indicators of format.