PDA

View Full Version : [PF] How to do Treasury? + Bonus Questions

Krazzman
2013-05-31, 03:37 AM
Hello again fellow playgrounders...

You can find a TL;DR version of my questions at the end of my "Wall of Text".

I have a Problem in my current Pathfinder(with 3.5 inputs) campaign.
The Players killed some creatures and since I wanted to get a bit better sorted and do it by the book but - after the party killed a few drow, ogres, a babbling mouther and trolls (oh and werewolfs) - I don't have a clue how to determine the treasure they get.

We have and "use" the Magic Item Compendium but I wanted to first search for a Pathfinder only solution then going back to the MIC.

Houserules I'm using:
The players trade gold and all other stuff they "sell" in as Tradegoods. The Smiths and Enchanters/casters/Alchemists can make nearly everything as long as they bring the materials/recipes and so on. Currently the smiths know how to enchant a weapon and armor to +2 and "every" +1 Special Ability.

A thought I had:
Depending on how much they haul out of their adventures the "city" grows and the less time spend smithing weapons is more time spent making reinforcements (better walls/palisades and train the "common" mooks they have). Overall plan is to make this count later into the war against Drows and Orcs (from the frozen north).
Additionally the Human barbarian/oracle is haunted by a 30cm high pink teddy bear after drinking wine made out of the blood of innocent children (he had no clue and doesn't know this). Now I had a Plan to do something with this and give him a boon the next time he gets knocked to 0 hp but I am unsure what to give him...

The Party I am stuck with so far is: All ECL 6.
Human Barbarian/Oracle (Lame Curse and Ancestor/family "Domain")
Human Witch (more blasty and using her sleep hex)
Frost Elf Ranger/Scout (3.5 adaption, only one skirmish per round, skirmish progression as rogues sneak attack with swift hunter allowed)
Half-Frost-Elf Druid (with 2 Domain Powers, don't know the domains right now, doesn't use Wildshape so far [new player] but has Natural Spell and runs aroung in a +1 Mountain Plate)
Half-Orc Samurai (new-ish to the party and new to the system)

TL;DR:
How to do Treasury in Pathfinder for following encounters (Party ECL 5 wnt to 6 after the Trolls)?
1 Babbling Mouther
3 Ogres
4 Trolls
6 Werewolves
What bonus should/can I grant a Barbarian Oracle that is haunted by a 30cm high pink Teddybear that functions like the 3.5 Ivory Pipes of Haunting (following you everywhere, spawning in your backpack)? (the next time he goes unconcious)

I hope you can help me with this, I am probably going to ask a few things since some questions I had elude me now...

zilonox
2013-05-31, 08:34 AM
I found this Pathfinder Random Treasure Generator (http://pathfinder-treasure-generator.com/).

It looks a bit daunting at first, but play with the options and generate a few lists and you'll see it's actually fairly easy. Options I like to use:

Generate Mundane Items - Without this, you simply get GP values. When you use this, it actually gives you mundane items which I think adds a lot of flavor.
Hide Result Details - the way it presents the die rolls I find to be confusing. When you hide them, you'll see a little + to the right of each item that you can click to see the actual percentage rolls if you are interested in that.
Breakdown Gems/Jewels - You know the party is going to ask, so might as well have the list ready.
Breakdown Coins - The party probably won't care much about this, but I like the detail.
Append to Top of List - Really only useful if you generate more than one list at a time. By default old lists are kept at the top and new ones get sent to the bottom. I just happen to like it the other way around.
Add Category Color Legend - Useful for instantly picking out the "good stuff" from a list.

As for a boon for the barbarian, maybe 1/day grant him 1 temp HP for each child whose blood went into the wine when he goes unconscious. This could represent their souls trying to get/help him avenge their deaths. You could turn this into a quest and then convert those into permanent, real HP (maybe at a ratio of 1 temp:5 real?) whenever he avenges their deaths (either do it all at once or one child at a time).

Krazzman
2013-06-03, 02:05 AM
I have to admit, I haven't found the time to look at the generator. But is there a way to scale these lists with levels? Maybe something like in the MIC for different CR's but for pathfinder instead of DnD?

The "Bloodshield of Souls" seems fitting. I am probably going to adjust it a little but using it.

Slipperychicken
2013-06-03, 02:44 AM
What bonus should/can I grant a Barbarian Oracle that is haunted by a 30cm high pink Teddybear that functions like the 3.5 Ivory Pipes of Haunting (following you everywhere, spawning in your backpack)? (the next time he goes unconcious)

TIBBERS!!

http://www.gamersbook.com/repository/images/_variations/c/b/cb39fca09c2595f4cb892ae8dd066d64_content_large.png ?v=0

[note that Annie also has a teddy-bear backpack, so the PC could get one of those too]

Basically a giant face-eating teddy-bear companion, like Annie has in LoL. It'll be great if your players were ever into League of Legends.

Krazzman
2013-06-03, 03:38 AM
TIBBERS!!

http://www.gamersbook.com/repository/images/_variations/c/b/cb39fca09c2595f4cb892ae8dd066d64_content_large.png ?v=0

[note that Annie also has a teddy-bear backpack, so the PC could get one of those too]

Basically a giant face-eating teddy-bear companion, like Annie has in LoL. It'll be great if your players were ever into League of Legends.

That would be priceless. Sadly no one of them except my wife ever played LoL afaik. And I would probably be the only one getting the reference.

Slipperychicken
2013-06-03, 11:12 AM
That would be priceless. Sadly no one of them except my wife ever played LoL afaik. And I would probably be the only one getting the reference.

A shame. That could have been pretty funny.

Reminds me of when the Half-Orc Barbarian's player in my group saw her Ferocity ability and decided her character was essentially Tryndamere.