PDA

View Full Version : The Isitu Archipelago: A setting sketch

4th number
2013-05-31, 05:57 AM
I wrote this up for a 3.5 game I'm running in real life. I'd love some feedback, and of course anyone is welcome to steal ideas or use the whole thing.

Here are my new homebrew eladrin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15341013).

The following is excerpted from a game document I maintain for my players.

The Isitu Isles

Faio

Arqi: At the southern end of the Qin river lies the Lizard City of Arqi. Dozens of races of lizardmen control a waning but tenacious empire up and down the western extent of the island. The scalykind have odd ways, but many an enterprising human has made a fortune trading with them.

Rho: Five hundred years ago, Rho was the center of the Allied Counties, a league of cities bound together by the legendary Pact of Isitu. Now, it is reduced to a small but active city center that acts as a hub for the roads that bisect Faio.

Anh: The center of human civilization, a mighty city of metal and stone and redwood. Ruled by King 12, widely regarded as a lovable but barely-competent playboy.

Jorphi

Eler: A sprawling eladrin-human trade city. Largely policed by powerful guilds, whose influence spreads across the archipelago.

The Jungle of Madness: It’s called The Jungle of Madness because people who venture into it seldom return with either their limbs or their wits intact.

Cors

the Triplet Cities:
Krels (Halflings. Clockwork.)
Erck (Gnomes. Gambling.)
Jolen (Kobolds. Alchemy.)

East Cors: The smallfolk of the Cities look at the grasslands and forests of East Cors with great pity. Near-feral examples of their races live a barbaric existence there, speaking savage tongues and either avoiding or attacking their civilized kin.

Norom

The Cone: A mighty volcano that seethes constantly, belching ash and drooling molten rock. The dwarves of Norom build their homes on pillars of stone. They have mastered the art of ceramics, producing weapons and other items out of a bevy of materials that cannot be created elsewhere.

Deep inside the mountain live the Fire Goblins, an ancient race who somehow survive the punishing temperatures within their obsidian tunnels.

Knchk and Krxt: The barren island of Knchk and the walled citadel of Krxt are the homes of something ancient and mysterious. 200 years previously, Detryet, the seat of the then-mighty Outoh Empire, sent an investigative force of three mages to penetrate the surface of Knchk and report back.

Detryet: The once-proud city of Detryet, wiped utterly clean of mortal life by the unknown occupants of Knchk.

Nia and Issi

Home to the fiercely independent eladrin enclaves and their quartz metropolis of A’rasha. The islands are dotted with self-sufficient castle towns occupied by families or tribes of Eladrin and their Fair Folk kin.

The Lands Across The Ocean

Truc (Psionics and orcs.)
Faras (Dragons and their attendant... stuff.)
Krae (Halflings and airships.)