PDA

View Full Version : Such a damn lucky find at MCM ComicCon!

SamEskenazi
2013-05-31, 07:00 AM
Whilst at Comic Con at London the other week, I managed to really luckily find Volumes 1, 3 and 4 of OotS! I already had the prequel books, but I was loathe to attempt to buy the proper volumes off of the site both due to price, but also because the site said they were out of stock.

I got the three volumes for roughly £50 (after some bargaining...) and took that home, but still lacked the second one.

I ordered it from the site, and today, this very morning, I was finishing volume 1, sad in that I'd likely have to wait a fair amount of time until the second one comes :(

Go downstairs, and there's the postman with my second volume :)

So, thanks ookdook store for shipping so promptly! Super happy with it all :)

Tass
2013-05-31, 08:26 AM
Whilst at Comic Con at London the other week, I managed to really luckily find Volumes 1, 3 and 4 of OotS! I already had the prequel books, but I was loathe to attempt to buy the proper volumes off of the site both due to price, but also because the site said they were out of stock.

I got the three volumes for roughly £50 (after some bargaining...) and took that home, but still lacked the second one.

I ordered it from the site, and today, this very morning, I was finishing volume 1, sad in that I'd likely have to wait a fair amount of time until the second one comes :(

Go downstairs, and there's the postman with my second volume :)

So, thanks ookdook store for shipping so promptly! Super happy with it all :)

Are books out of stock, again? So soon after the reprint drive? Man, I hoped there would be enough to last for year, and when they sold out, enough profits to print more.

How come we are consistently willing to give the giant our money, but so often unable to because he doesn't have enough. There have to be a way around that.

King of Nowhere
2013-05-31, 08:35 AM
Damn! We can't even make a new kickstarter to fund another print run. It wouldn't be fair, until rich finishes the rewards for the old one

pearl jam
2013-05-31, 08:52 AM
Worry not. :smallbiggrin:

They are still in stock at ookoodook.com Sometimes "scratch & dent" versions are available at a discounted price. When I ordered my books a few weeks ago, a few of those came up as out of stock, but it's possible that there was a limit on how many "scratch & dent" types you could include in one purchase? :smallsmile:

Porthos
2013-05-31, 08:54 AM
*checks Ookoodook (http://www.ookoodook.com/store/CompanyGiantITP.shtml)*

Doesn't look like they are out of stock to me. :smallconfused:

What makes you think they were out of stock? :smallconfused:

Cizak
2013-05-31, 10:28 AM
Every book is in print and availabe.

NerdyKris
2013-05-31, 10:37 AM
The pages under the "Shop" link on this site are out of date and not connected in any way to Ookookdook's systems. They're all still in stock on Ookookdook.

allenw
2013-05-31, 03:30 PM
The pages under the "Shop" link on this site are out of date and not connected in any way to Ookookdook's systems. They're all still in stock on Ookookdook.

If you click on the Ookadook link on the "Shop " pages, you can still go to Ookadook and buy them. It's just the "Shop" pages text that's out-of-date. Perhaps someone should fix that.

SamEskenazi
2013-05-31, 04:19 PM
If you click on the Ookadook link on the "Shop " pages, you can still go to Ookadook and buy them. It's just the "Shop" pages text that's out-of-date. Perhaps someone should fix that.

I... am not a smart man...

Still, happy about finding the books for sale at Comiccon :)

NerdyKris
2013-06-01, 10:33 AM

Yup. Awful wording on my part. I meant to refer to the stock system itself. As in it doesn't update the "availibility" status to match Ookookdooks.

Douglas
2013-06-01, 10:53 AM
I took the liberty of bringing this to moderator attention (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286186).