PDA

View Full Version : Which is the 'Hottest' member of the OOTS?

Amon Star
2006-12-01, 10:18 AM
I everyone. As everyone seems to like polls, I thought I would give it a go. Please let me what you all think. :biggrin:

SiD
2006-12-01, 10:34 AM
[obvious disclaimer]While I can't say that I'm personally attracted to any of the 2D stick-figure characters...[/disclaimer]

I think you have too many poll options. It's a comic primarily about DnD and primarily aimed at DnD gamers. There is therefore only one real option...

:haley:
She's a supple, limber, witty, diamond-in-the-rough redhead with a heart of gold. Ladi... *koff* Gentlemen, I present your flexible friend, everyone's favourite speech-impaired rogue. And just for the extra geekish, fanboy, never-gonna-get-any-anyway gamer appeal, she's got latent bisexual tendencies. Win.

Sam de Cheese
2006-12-01, 11:19 AM
hmmm... i chose haley as well, choosing V might have lead to uncomfortable doubts regarding my sexuality, seeing how much doubt there is to her/his gender. I was also tempted to pick "There stick figures dude, get a life".

Nerd-o-rama
2006-12-01, 11:35 AM
I think you'll find this poll to be gender-biased, as there are one (maybe two) distinct choices for those attracted to females, and four (maybe five) for those attracted to males. Common wisdom indicates you're going to find far more of the former on the internet, especially reading webcomics about D&D, but I'm interested to see how that plays out statistically.

Anyways, Haley.

Wooter
2006-12-01, 11:40 AM
Haley, because she's female.

Oppolo
2006-12-01, 11:51 AM
Durkon, that sexy beast ;)

twerk_face
2006-12-01, 11:56 AM
[obvious disclaimer]While I can't say that I'm personally attracted to any of the 2D stick-figure characters...[/disclaimer]

I think you have too many poll options. It's a comic primarily about DnD and primarily aimed at DnD gamers. There is therefore only one real option...

She's a supple, limber, witty, diamond-in-the-rough redhead with a heart of gold. Ladi... *koff* Gentlemen, I present your flexible friend, everyone's favourite speech-impaired rogue. And just for the extra geekish, fanboy, never-gonna-get-any-anyway gamer appeal, she's got latent bisexual tendencies. Win.

HAHAHAHA kudos, dude. o man, reading this thing was worth it just for this.

DeathQuaker
2006-12-01, 12:05 PM
Don't know why, but I find naked Vaarsuvius (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0186.html) to be quite hot. It might just be circlet-less Vaarsuvius, really... the way that stray strand of purple hair falls into his/her eyes... :smallredface:

Or it could be that I really need to get out more.

Or possibly both. :smallsmile:

Telonius
2006-12-01, 12:09 PM
Elan. Bard, 18 Charisma, has gotten propositioned by more people than any other character. Haley has a pretty good charisma, but nowhere near Elan's. Then there's the scar. Scars can look good on certain people, but it's kind of unclear how it would work with her (if she were drawn out in a less stick figure-y fashion).

Fenix
2006-12-01, 12:17 PM
Elan. Bard, 18 Charisma, has gotten propositioned by more people than any other character. Haley has a pretty good charisma, but nowhere near Elan's. Then there's the scar. Scars can look good on certain people, but it's kind of unclear how it would work with her (if she were drawn out in a less stick figure-y fashion).

That is no scar, it is a lock of hair.
Confused it with scar first time too.

Telonius
2006-12-01, 12:26 PM
It is? :smalleek: Huh, looks like I've been mistaken for a couple hundred comics then.:smallbiggrin:

Deuce
2006-12-01, 12:26 PM
Within the OotS, easy choice for this straight male - Haley.

Kind of expected more NPC choices - Julia, Sabine, Miko, Samantha, Celia, "girl in town selling apples", "Elan's Illusionary She-Orc". Just for a nice range.

Aurumvorax
2006-12-01, 12:28 PM
Was also *very* tempted by "There stick figures dude, get a life" option. But since you maybe really want to know who is the hottest here's my reply: Roy. I just love them muscular fighters :smallredface: And he also isn't dumb like most of them. What else a girl could want? :smallamused:

Tharj TreeSmiter
2006-12-01, 12:28 PM
Ya I thought that in the first strip or two but you'll notice that it moves, especially when she does the flips to check for traps (you know way back in the beginning) so ya it's just hair.

And clearly if you are attracted by females then the only choice would be Haley

Fenix
2006-12-01, 12:33 PM
Ya I thought that in the first strip or two but you'll notice that it moves, especially when she does the flips to check for traps (you know way back in the beginning) so ya it's just hair.

Exactly, http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0035.html

Telonius
2006-12-01, 01:08 PM
Looks like I must have Belkar's spot check. Anyway, even without the scar, I'll still go with Elan as hottest (regardless of gender). Nobody outside the group (excluding Nale) has ever made a pass at her. Even female Roy (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0235.html) had that happen once. Haley has a lower charisma score than Samantha (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0161.html), who probably has a comparable score to Elan. So, Elan it is.

Altair_the_Vexed
2006-12-01, 01:08 PM
I'd like to click "They're stick figures dude, get a life!" - but this option is not available. :smallwink:

I'm an Epic Level Pedant, I know. :biggrin:

~The Patriots~
2006-12-01, 01:20 PM
I go with Haley, even if they are stick figures imagination can still help, and there's fanart too

Amotis
2006-12-01, 02:07 PM
Oh gods, not this again. I remember it came down to the point where the giant had to step in and say, "No. Stop."
But anyway also long as it doesn't come down to demonic cockroaches I'm sure it should be fine...I think...

kerberos
2006-12-01, 03:27 PM
I'd like to click "They're stick figures dude, get a life!" - but this option is not available. :smallwink:

If you were epic level, you'd have pointed out the equally non-existent "Please God no, not another stupid poll!!!" option as well. Pretender! :smallannoyed:

Felinoid
2006-12-01, 03:46 PM
This is rather pointless. Haley's a shoe-in.

Xi-1
2006-12-01, 04:21 PM
Haley. See 'wardrobe malfunction,' 'flirt,' 'teasing Elan,' etc. She even got Nale's attention. Celia's a close second. Gotta dig a chick with wings, and I'm more of a Neutral-Good guy myself, so I would stay away from Sabine.

I'm secure enough in my masculinity to take a stab at the guys as well. My vote in that regard goes to Elan for all the reasons everyone else has already stated. But you gotta give props to Vaarsuvius for (sometimes) being of interest to members of both sexes. Besides which, V is already married unlike the rest of OOTS. V's ambiguous gender is like Rich reached right into my Sociology classes and dragged out the bit about gender roles. There's no longer just two options anymore, so as well as having elf-appeal, V is also a modern persona. Bet ya never expected that from an elf.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2006-12-01, 05:53 PM
Second to last option...The spelling! The grammar! MY EYES! :smalleek:

Other than that, it's Haley FTW. :smalltongue:

Max_Sinister
2006-12-01, 06:42 PM
How did I know that Haley would win without reading one post?

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2006-12-01, 07:50 PM
How did I know that Haley would win without reading one post?

Because you think Haley is a two-dimensional babe, too. :smalltongue:

somaticon
2006-12-01, 08:09 PM
it would have to be Haley hands down lol

The Extinguisher
2006-12-01, 09:26 PM
I was going to say Hilgya, because of the whole Loki thing, but that would have been too punny.

Sneak
2006-12-01, 09:32 PM
Haley.

Although that's only in the Order.

mikeejimbo
2006-12-01, 10:46 PM
I decided my love for Elan is enough to overlook my gender preference and vote for him.

If it was a personal choice, Haley, but I think overall, Elan.

Demented
2006-12-01, 11:12 PM
Not only is V uninentionally hot, but there aren't any gender preferences to worry about!

...That may be a lie.

Charity322
2006-12-02, 12:05 AM
Anyone reckon the least hottest is Belkar?

Roy was hot enough to get Celia, plus got hit on when he was a girl.

V is married, plus attracted Belkar at one point.

Elan bagged Samantha and attracted that girl in Azure city, plus attracted Haley and has the highest charisma.

Haley is obviously sexy due to the reaction to her losing her top while checking traps and she did almost seduce that teenage goblin. :smallbiggrin:

Even Durkon must be hot by dwarf standards because he attracted Hilgya.

Whereas Belkar has to pay for his girls ... :smalltongue:

BardicLasher
2006-12-02, 12:26 AM
As the God of Puns demands, I'm voting for the character that can summon fire.

mikeejimbo
2006-12-02, 12:30 AM
As the God of Puns demans, I'm voting for the character that can summon fire.

That made me laugh more than it should have.

BardicLasher
2006-12-02, 01:04 AM
That made me laugh more than it should have.

Puns should ALWAYS make you laugh more than they should. You should first laugh because it's funny, and then you laugh more because it's HORRIBLE.

charik
2006-12-02, 01:23 AM
Haley; I'm secure enough in my humanity to admit to being in love with a stick figure.:smalltongue: Now, if only I can convince my SO to wear that dress and let her hair down like Haley does in today's comic...:smallamused:

Iranon
2006-12-02, 08:51 AM
Vaarsuvius, hands down. Educated, courteous, rightfully confident and looking very sexy indeed with his (?) hair down. Besides, the gender ambivalence would pique my interest.

Amon Star
2006-12-02, 09:21 AM
Thank you all for taking part & leaving your commentary. In case you where wondering, this poll is mostly a joke, (Mostly), hence the last two options. But as I said earlier, I'm glad so many of you did it anyway. :smile:

Don't know why, but I find naked Vaarsuvius (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0186.html) to be quite hot. It might just be circlet-less Vaarsuvius, really... the way that stray strand of purple hair falls into his/her eyes... :smallredface:

Quoted for truth.

Kind of expected more NPC choices - Julia, Sabine, Miko, Samantha, Celia, "girl in town selling apples", "Elan's Illusionary She-Orc". Just for a nice range.

They can be in my next poll. :tongue:

Are, you spotted the deliberate mistake. Because it was deliberate, honest.:wink: :wink:

Adeptus
2006-12-02, 01:50 PM
RPG characters are often pretty (gamers like that sort of thing) but many in the OotS are attractive and interesting othervice too.

Pretty much everybody actually. I'm sure even Belkar has some punk bad boy looks, but he's too messed up to be sexy.

Othervice:

Roy
Haley
Varsuuvius
Elan

Not in any particular order. Elan may be too childlike to be hot as such, but he's nice and has that pretty-boy thing going for him.

I can't decide! :smalleek:

the_tick_rules
2006-12-02, 09:20 PM
Well Haley is the only confirmed woman so my choices were limited. Though the stick thighs make her appear to have huge hips, but it's a stick comic, not a centerfold lol.

Athalos
2006-12-02, 10:51 PM
From a gender neutral standpoint Elan.

For my tastes, if V is a girl then s/he would win. Gotta love a chick that will use a dragons tail for cover, and then blast it into ash. Otherwise Haley is the only choice for guys.

Terraxos
2006-12-03, 12:10 AM
From my own point of view, the only female characters in the Order are Haley and (questionably) Varsuvius; since it was obvious that Haley would win, my vote went to V instead. Actually, that's not the only reason: V seems like s/he would be more fun to be around. S/he is self-confident to the point of arrogance, so s/he genuinely doesn't care what anyone else thinks of him/her (an admirable trait, in my view); and I would share his/her view of blowing things up with fireballs. :smallsmile: Whereas Haley can't speak and suffers from a variety of debilitating psychological complexes. Not such an easy decision after all, is it?

If I was into guys, there'd be more options: Elan undoubtedly has the highest Charisma, but I'm sure his childlike innocence would go from 'cute' to 'annoying' way too quickly. Durkon is a little too much of a goody-two-shoes, and while Roy seems to have the most normal personality of the lot, he is a bit too focused on his heroic quest. So I would instead go for, you guessed it, Belkar! Sure, he's a homicidal maniac, but you just know he'd never be boring... not to mention, frequently hilarious.

Hmm, V and Belkar: what does that say about me as a person? Perhaps it's best not to dwell on it!

Learnedguy
2006-12-03, 04:29 AM
Varsavius, maybe, depends^^
keke

Doglord
2006-12-03, 05:11 AM
Elan has 18 charisma and is very likeable...

skinkatlarge
2006-12-05, 03:29 AM
I'm a little surprised that a gamer fan-base has shown so little love for the bearded guy.

roscoe
2006-12-05, 09:43 AM
all I can say is: this poll is wrong... just wrong!!!
But I went ahead anyways and voted Haley... hey what is a guy to do? She is nice and pretty and wears leather has red hair is funny intelligent and not to full of herself due to low selfesteem.
But ruling her out I'd go for the funny not existing answer: Elan's imaginary female ogre.... just because it would be funny.

The_Phantom_Penguin
2006-12-05, 11:21 AM
...um, well, as tempted as I am to say that they're just stick figures, I'm going to say Elan. Because he reminds me of a character from a video game I play and I just want to hug him.

V-Fan
2006-12-05, 05:26 PM
I'd vote for my favorite Norse God, Loki, if he was on there. But alas, I have to vote for my non-gender-biased friend, Vaarsuvius. I mean, come on, no matter which way you look at him/her, you gotta find him/her hot. Precisely because feminine guys are a must-have for any fangirl and I'm sure guys like girls that can kick some ass. So, no matter which gender V truly is, s/he wins. ^^

Shadow of the Sun
2006-12-05, 05:40 PM
I would personally have to say V. Someone with long, purple hair (my favourite colour, FYI), very intelligent (In DnD I get a characters IQ by multiplying there Intelligence score by 10), and otherworldly powerful. Immediately hot, regardless of gender, although I would probably lose interest is s/he was a she.

Krytha
2006-12-06, 03:04 PM
Don't you mean if s/he wa a he?

I also put down V, just cuz, you know - those androgynous twit elves... -they're hot...

Albion
2006-12-06, 04:39 PM
The mysterious elven Vaarsuvius allures me and there's nothing to do about it. Can only hope it's a she.

Shadow of the Sun
2006-12-06, 09:34 PM
Eh. Yeah, is s/he was a he- bit of a typo there

StickMan
2006-12-06, 09:36 PM
Haley out of thoughs but I would go with Roys girlfriend. BUT uh if LadyoftheStick is reading this I still love her the most.

ElphabaFanatic
2006-12-06, 09:39 PM
Uh... I don't believe it's qualified of me to answer that when they're stick dudes.

I will say that :vaarsuvius: and :mitd: are my fav. characters. Oh, and this guy. :roach: Dunno why.

V-Fan
2006-12-06, 10:14 PM
Eh. Yeah, is s/he was a he- bit of a typo there

Darn it, I agreed with the typo.

BeccaLynn85
2006-12-07, 12:28 AM
Elan... *swoons*

And I am not surprised that Haley is winning considering the boards are pretty much male dominated.

mikeejimbo
2006-12-07, 12:35 AM
I have to say, Elan should get extra points for this last comic.

GymGeekAus
2006-12-07, 12:41 AM
:vaarsuvius: : I am perplexed by the purpose of this exercise, Miss Starshine.
:haley: : Uk bdd.
:sabine: Well, one thing is for certain.
:mitd: : What?
:sabine: : Only those interested in the equipment "under the hood" are going to vote for Elan.
:elan: : Dangit!
:vaarsuvius: : Interesting. Then, by that line of reasoning....
:haley: : M XPA!!!
:elan: : Oh well. At least GymGeekAus voted for me!

necron lord
2006-12-07, 01:56 AM
heley wins hands down because she is secound in command. part of most of the jokes, and you don't have to figure out wich gender she is.

Aldebaran
2006-12-07, 03:02 PM

Amen.
Žnuff said :smile:

FlawedParadigm
2006-12-09, 08:49 PM
Celia > Haley, but the option does not exist. :o(

BlueWizard
2006-12-09, 08:54 PM
There's a lot of straight boys here, we needed more options for hotness. How about Miko or the demon-chick or even the bandit leader! ? I liked the bandit leader. Bring her back!

FlawedParadigm
2006-12-09, 09:02 PM
There's a lot of straight boys here, we needed more options for hotness. How about Miko or the demon-chick or even the bandit leader! ? I liked the bandit leader. Bring her back!

She was considering coming back, but she's uh...torn.

Aimbot
2006-12-10, 12:58 AM
I'm pretty sure V is female.

Panel 7
Elan: *points to V's chest* I think I can see the hump! (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0087.html)

Demented
2006-12-10, 01:08 AM
He's pointing at the cape. Even Elan must know that camels have the hump on their BACKS. Though with elves, you never know. Anything could be possible.

Mr.Burn
2006-12-10, 01:46 AM
Haley cos if Id pick Belkar it would end up in awkward stares

and V is a girls cos she's married...

Viscount_Grey
2006-12-10, 03:52 AM
I want Elan's illusionary she-orc! I mean - it's a woman that doesn't speak! Absolute heaven.

Shanatica
2006-12-10, 06:19 AM
Haley cos if Id pick Belkar it would end up in awkward stares

and V is a girls cos she's married...

So men don't get married?? I think I need to have a closer look at my husband :smalleek:

Jazzvader
2006-12-10, 10:01 AM
Gotta be Haley (drools)

nifty>>virago<<
2006-12-11, 07:57 PM
of course its elan, lol

Mewtroid
2006-12-11, 08:56 PM
Needs more verified females.

Jazzvader
2007-02-12, 03:53 PM
corse it does Mewtroid
*thinks to haley and drools*

Goofy
2007-02-12, 03:56 PM
Glad to see Haley is defeating reason which is defeating all else.

Dell
2007-02-12, 04:11 PM
I like Sabine - she is so freakin hot :)

Imagine a chick that can shapeshift just for you and the seduction part after the fight with Roy was just too hot to be true!

Definitely Sabine
a.) Can't blame it on her looks, shes a shapeshifter
b.) Relationship long and peaceful because of rituals
c.) Likes to enjoy the physical aspect of the relation
d.) Teenager outfits kick ass! :)

Tilian
2007-02-12, 04:16 PM
She was considering coming back, but she's uh...torn.

She had to split.

Swordguy
2007-02-12, 04:29 PM
Whomever's most recently been set on fire by V.

...so probably Belkar.

Ick.

sethdarkwater
2007-02-12, 10:00 PM
Oh V, my heart beats only for you.

Raistlin1040
2007-02-12, 10:05 PM
Belkar. Fear his halfing smexiness! No I voted Haley.

lumberofdabeast
2007-02-12, 10:08 PM
Elan for the win.

<3

Dausuul
2007-02-12, 10:58 PM
As with so many folks here, I'm a straight male, so my options are V and Haley (assuming for the sake of argument that V is female).

Out of those two, I pick Haley, for the following reasons:

#1. Haley has a sense of humor. As far as I can tell, V is utterly lacking in this department.
#2. Haley is obviously much more inventive and creative than V. Anybody can be a bad-ass playing a high-level wizard, but Haley manages to be effective in combat despite being an archer rogue. I mean, how many people would realize that you can, by RAW, sneak attack with a head-butt?
#3. Haley has breasts large enough that it's possible to be sure they exist. What can I say, I'm a man of simple tastes.

If we expand the poll to include important female NPCs... well, Sabine is the hottest in purely physical terms. I mean, she is an incarnation of evil illicit sex, after all. But I'd still pick Haley if I were choosing someone to date.

...uh, I mean, if I were dating stick figures.

Yeah. Going away now.

Stormcrow
2007-02-12, 11:10 PM
I said V. Anyone who saw the guest art with the Beholder is liable to agree with me... damn.

http://www.giantitp.com/Images/GuestWeek2005/oots9901.gif

Dausuul
2007-02-12, 11:41 PM
I said V. Anyone who saw the guest art with the Beholder is liable to agree with me... damn.

http://www.giantitp.com/Images/GuestWeek2005/oots9901.gif

I counter with "Haley and Vaarsuvius at the inn." No comparison, dude.

http://www.giantitp.com/Images/GuestWeek2005/oots9902.gif

Also "Elan and Haley." (The Vaarsuvius here looks quite cool, but for sheer beauty, Haley blows her/im out of the water.)

http://www.giantitp.com/Images/GuestWeek2005/oots9904.gif

Jazzvader
2007-02-13, 12:15 AM
It is HALEY!!!!!!!!

Ariko
2007-02-13, 12:17 AM
Hmm..tough call between Roy an Haley

Adeptus
2007-02-13, 06:02 AM
I counter with "Haley and Vaarsuvius at the inn." No comparison, dude.

http://www.giantitp.com/Images/GuestWeek2005/oots9902.gif

Also "Elan and Haley." (The Vaarsuvius here looks quite cool, but for sheer beauty, Haley blows her/im out of the water.)

http://www.giantitp.com/Images/GuestWeek2005/oots9904.gif

I'd like to change my vote to the person who did the live-photo version of Varsuuvius. Now that is cool! Androgynous hotness for the win.*

*Ok, I'm straight, but I can tell attractive when I see it.

Caractacus
2007-02-14, 07:22 AM
it would have to be Haley hands down lol

Surely: "It would have to be Haley, hands ON", sounds even nicer... :smallwink:

Haruki-kun
2007-02-14, 12:01 PM
because she is the ONLY female, and I'm a guy, I say Haley, of course.

Why? Well, I favor saying that V's a male, so there, Haley's the only choice.

(Please don't debate me on V's gender, use another thread for that)

Megalomaniac2
2007-02-14, 03:22 PM
Any discussion of hotness in OOTS has to include non-party members like Sabine, Miko, and Hinjo to be even remotely valid.

Josh Inno
2007-02-14, 03:38 PM
Well, since the hot winged lawyer wasn't available... Haley.

Talya
2007-02-14, 05:01 PM
What, no Thog option? (Yes, I know he's not part of the order, but every poll needs a Thog option.)

r23r5
2007-02-14, 05:13 PM
im guessing the majority of pollers are male

you mean celia?

Talya
2007-02-14, 05:17 PM

I'm going to order those next time I'm in a pub. "2 pounds of hot lawyer wings, please!"

Ariko
2007-02-14, 05:24 PM

This poll was for members of the Order of the Stick silly, wait for the next :P

Me, I was torn between Haley and Roy. Went with Roy cause Hes not gettin enough votes :smallfrown: