PDA

View Full Version : 3.x magic change

elonin
2013-05-31, 06:20 PM
It seems to be a given that magic in dnd is overpowered compared to melee systems. I have been a fan of the role master system (at least as I saw it played once). There are two things that could be drawn on from that system. First they have a spell list buy system and every spell requires a to hit roll.

Gavinfoxx
2013-05-31, 06:32 PM
It seems to be a given that magic in dnd is overpowered compared to melee systems. I have been a fan of the role master system (at least as I saw it played once). There are two things that could be drawn on from that system. First they have a spell list buy system and every spell requires a to hit roll.

...What? Yay? So to buff yourself, you need to make a to hit roll (or concentration check or whatever)? And that some spells cost more than others to obtain, from a limited pool of resources?

Still doesn't change the fact that the actual spells themselves are overpowered, and let characters do crazy things; you'd just see people getting spells with the best bang/buck in the pricing system, that are most versatile, and buffing whatever check is required to cast them, and you have the same problem. You've maybe limited people to Tier 2, I suppose.