PDA

View Full Version : Not Quite Himself

Stake A Vamp
2013-05-31, 07:02 PM
so, one of my players got turned into a wight (their character smart***es), they got his mind back, but he shall remain undead, how do I represent that he does not come back as 100% him. i will answer any questions, so dont hesitate to ask

Slipperychicken
2013-05-31, 07:05 PM
Will save every few actions or have the "other part" dictate an action for him?

Acanous
2013-05-31, 07:06 PM
Have him develop a phobia of a color, a mundane object, or an emotion. Such things are portents of ill in the herafter, and he's unable to convey exactly how bad it is.

tbok1992
2013-05-31, 07:13 PM
Have him develop a phobia of a color, a mundane object, or an emotion. Such things are portents of ill in the herafter, and he's unable to convey exactly how bad it is.

Perhaps a fear of oranges, ala the Godfather?

Stake A Vamp
2013-05-31, 07:17 PM
Will save every few actions or have the "other part" dictate an action for him?
i quite like this idea, when would the will save be needed

his is interesting

Slipperychicken
2013-05-31, 07:46 PM
i quite like this idea, when would the will save be needed

It would only matter when the "other" part would do or say something different, when he's making an potentially-important choice, or in the middle of some conversations. Whenever you want to make it clear the original personality isn't entirely in control.

Obviously, the player should still get to play his character, so be shouldn't be rolling will saves *all* the time. There should even be times when his actions synergize with the personality change. Maaaybe give him a tiny boost (+1 at most) to a check where he actively submits to its influence.