PDA

View Full Version : Krynn Lizardmen

Bhu
2013-05-31, 07:05 PM
Looking at 2e books I notice an entry for the Bakali. It lists Squirt Blood as a special attack, but give no details (I'm assuming it's similar to the Horned Toads defensive ability), nor do I find it mentioned anywhere else. DO they actually have this ability?

BWR
2013-06-01, 05:02 AM
Good question. I can't find a description listed in my books or online.
Personally, I'd just ignore it or base it on, as you suggested, the horned toad.

Maybe a ranged touch attack to blind an adjacent crt for one round.

Bhu
2013-06-02, 03:01 PM
Any idea what novel introduced them?

BWR
2013-06-02, 05:09 PM
No idea, but I suspect it was actually a game supplement.

Bhu
2013-06-03, 09:35 PM
Thats not gonna be easy to track down...

Thanks much guys!

Help is always appreciated!

hamlet
2013-06-04, 07:52 AM
It's in the Dragonlance Monstrous Compendium as I recall. Don't have a copy here with me, but I know it's there. It's also listed in the Dragonlance boxed set in abreviated form, which is presumably where you first saw it.

Rhynn
2013-06-04, 08:15 AM
The Dragonlance Monstrous Compendium lists them as having a Squirt Bood special attack on the statblock, but does not elaborate at all. I guess they might originate in one of the DL modules, in which case that module might have a description of the ability.

hamlet
2013-06-04, 10:04 AM
The Dragonlance Monstrous Compendium lists them as having a Squirt Bood special attack on the statblock, but does not elaborate at all. I guess they might originate in one of the DL modules, in which case that module might have a description of the ability.

It doesn't?

We are talking MC4, right? Looks like this? (http://index.rpg.net/display-entry.phtml?mainid=2140).

I was all but positive that it was explicit in that entry.

Rhynn
2013-06-04, 12:22 PM
It doesn't?

We are talking MC4, right? Looks like this? (http://index.rpg.net/display-entry.phtml?mainid=2140).

I was all but positive that it was explicit in that entry.

Yup. The statblock says "Special Attacks: Squirt blood", but the description of Bakali just lists their nictating membranes, vulnerability to cold, etc. Nothing about squirt blood.

hamlet
2013-06-04, 01:19 PM
Yup. The statblock says "Special Attacks: Squirt blood", but the description of Bakali just lists their nictating membranes, vulnerability to cold, etc. Nothing about squirt blood.

Huh. I'll have to check that out tonight, hopefully, after work. Strange.

hamlet
2013-06-05, 12:48 PM
Well, I did check it last night, and you're correct. The info is missing from the entry.

Dagnabit. Now I have to hang my head in nerd shame.:smallannoyed:

Bhu
2013-06-05, 03:32 PM
Is ok, don't feel bad. I guess I'll make something up for the 3.5 version..