PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts with Oklahoma

Hbgplayer
2013-05-31, 10:46 PM
My thoughts are with those living in the devastated areas in Oklahoma and the rest of the Midwest right now. I can't imagine what its like to go through something like that.

Togath
2013-06-01, 12:43 AM
What happened in Oklahoma?

factotum
2013-06-01, 12:55 AM
More people killed by tornadoes, according to the BBC news.

Togath
2013-06-01, 01:50 AM
just tornadoes?(had half expected another Texas-style fertilizer plant explosion given the op's tone)
not to sound insensitive.. but people in tornado regions should know that they risk getting hit by them.. shouldn't come to surprise anyone died due to one.

RabbitHoleLost
2013-06-01, 04:44 AM
just tornadoes?(had half expected another Texas-style fertilizer plant explosion given the op's tone)
not to sound insensitive.. but people in tornado regions should know that they risk getting hit by them.. shouldn't come to surprise anyone died due to one.
You're saying
we shouldn't be surprised by devastation because we live in Tornado Alley
Sorry. I'll tell my state to stop mourning because we should have known better.

Barsoom
2013-06-01, 04:46 AM
Hang in there, guys. Condolences to everyone who was affected.

Eldonauran
2013-06-01, 01:12 PM
...shouldn't come to surprise anyone died due to one.

I don't think anyone is surprised that people living in Tornado Alley are experiencing tornado activity. The surprise (and mourning) is at how severe the weather has been this year and the sheer amount of bodies that are 'piling' up due to this increased activity.

Sure, its a statisitical certainty that human life is going to be lost due to natural disasters. That doesn't change the sense of loss and sadness that we all feel. No one should ever allow themselve to become accostomed to this or lose their sensitivity to events like this. In my opinion, that leads towards losing one's humanity.

My thoughts and prayers are with those hurting in Oklahoma.

KillianHawkeye
2013-06-02, 07:33 AM
(Scrubbed)

Eldonauran
2013-06-02, 11:24 AM
{scrub the post, scrub the quote}

What purpose does it serve to post a comment like that? Lashing out does nothing to help and only serves to make others less likely to help when they are in a position to do so.

Some people only have the ability to offer moral support, their funds and time already sorely taxed by the current economy, needs of their family and, yes, even the loss of their own family members.

Why would you spurn an offering of empathy and the well wishes of others?

Traab
2013-06-02, 11:28 AM
Im pretty sure that there are all of 3 states that dont have issues with natural disasters of some sort, floods, forest fires, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, killer heat waves, killer blizzards, etc etc etc. So its not like there is a single town that has all the problems and only morons dare to live there.

TSGames
2013-06-02, 02:33 PM
{scrubbed}

Roland St. Jude
2013-06-02, 02:57 PM
Sheriff: Please keep it civil in here.