PDA

View Full Version : (PF) Monk , Magic fang + Enchantments

AsheItachi
2013-05-31, 11:06 PM
:smalleek: Am I doing this, pricing and modifiers, Right

I have monk level 10

I have permanancy Greter magic fang Cast.

Lets say LF=Left fist RF= Right fist.

I also have Amulet of mighty fist +2

So my fists are +1 from Greater magic fang

With AoMF

LF= Shock and +1
RF= Unholy

So Adding up modifiers
Left fist is a shock +2
Attack roll BaB 7 + 3 (Str mod) +2 (Mag Mod)
Damage roll 2d6 +3 (str mod) +2 (mag mod) + 1d6 (shock) ?

Right fist is a unholy +1
Attack roll BaB 7 + 3 (Str mod) +1 (Mag Mod)
Damage roll 2d6 +3 (str mod) +1 (mag mod) + 2d6 (unholy) ?

Soras Teva Gee
2013-05-31, 11:15 PM
Why are you dividing by your fists?

A Monk's unarmed strike encompasses their entire body, you may head butt your full flurry if you so choose. It doesn't matter and is pure flavor only. Magic Fang effects your Unarmed Strike and AoMF effects your Unarmed Strike.

AsheItachi
2013-05-31, 11:34 PM
Just flare aspect, it will be either fists , knees or feet.

Soras Teva Gee
2013-05-31, 11:45 PM
Then why do they have different effects?

Unless there's some special reason you didn't put down enabling it then you should have only Shocking Unholy +(highest enchancement) Fists for everything.

StreamOfTheSky
2013-06-01, 09:43 AM
Never get an expensive permanency effect, it's not worth it. One dispel and its gone. I learned this the hard way. One of my first 3E characters (and really, one of my first D&D PCs at all) was a monk in a 17th or 18th level game, I forget. I thought I was so smart, getting perm +5 GMF for my unarmed. FIRST ENCOUNTER of the campaign, it gets greater dispelled!
Never again!

AOMF is also grossly overpriced, its only saving grace is not needing a +1 to put special stuff on it. Use that feature. Get a GMF or GMW from a caster friend, and use the amulet to add Agile or Ghost Touch or Holy or whatever else.

Soras Teva Gee
2013-06-01, 10:27 AM
Well AoMF is now priced as double a weapon enchant of the same level. So you in theory would pay the same price as say a TWF build if you were keeping both your weapons equal power. Which is what Flurry is. And heck use those free hands to keep potions at the ready or something clever.

However yeah a couple of pluses to hit/damage is just not the best use of the item. Agile or if you ask the GM very very nicely Guided will be worth far more for the money anyways.