PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted IC] Sunderers and Corrupters

Myllinnia
2013-06-01, 05:58 AM
Chapter 1 - The Angel of Novas

The city of Estasia, heart and soul of that nation, large and sprawling (For a city in a somewhat cramped quarters). Here the mission was given, here the Eight Nations have sent their champions to act on the will of a being that proclaimed both doom and hope. The tripartite is not willing to let this go, though some think this divine creature was nothing more than an agent of the Void itself. Still it didn’t make sense to also tell them of the weapon, right? The city is bustling with activity, most of it quite subdued. For try as it might only a small group of Alchemicals were sent, not all Eight Nations have sent agents, and no one knows of the Adamant in their midst. For Helix this is a little more important, the nature of the weapon unknown, its location only locatable via a map, and its Chosen meant to find it. Should the weapon be a threat Helix would be in the best position to destroy it, otherwise securing it a must.

The quickly assembled Assembly has been gathered at a spot where a transport sat awaiting to take its Alchemical champions to the outer boundaries of the nation. A spot that would be a short distant away to the map should the map be reading true. The map itself is in the hands of a Mortal agent of the Tripartite, one who has a good eye for detail and a determination that makes him more reckless than those that can take an essence blast to the face. His name is Sirus Ven, and he wears a bodysuit with a few magi-tech trinkets upon his person, his grey eyes stare at the map as well as data from a device that holds Estasia emblem. You are all here, and there is only a scant few time before departure, though the trip alone will take a few hours itself. Time to learn of your fellow Assembly mates, a mere set of files was no match for a good talk after all.

A little chara interaction then a train ride, which will not be as simple as some might think.

Rhyvurg
2013-06-01, 11:12 AM
Invader paced back and forth on the platform. He was used to seizing the initiative, rushing into things and asking questions later. This waiting was killing him. Yes, yes he could actually feel himself dying slowly on the inside. It was only a matter of time now. He would wither away and die. Or maybe the damn helmet was just stuffy. He pulls it off, shaking out his hair. "Better, much better..." The verdict was still out on the dying though.

Recaiden
2013-06-01, 01:26 PM
"Hey, Sirus. Mind if I take a look at that map? I'm configuring my autolabe to track our path on the way, and it would help to have an idea where we're going. Plus, if it gets lost, couldn't hurt to have another pair of eyes familiar with it."

True to his word, Armiger is holding one of the little crystal navigation devices. He stands casually by the mortal, wearing a loose, plain jumpsuit with a heavier coat folded and held slung over his shoulder by two of his spare limbs.

Further, the pacing catches his eye. "You must be Dark Invader. As anxious to get going as the rest of us, I see. I'm Armiger, Champion of Loran."

A little machine is buzzing around the transport, looking it over, occasionally making a little clicking or beeping noise when it finds something interesting.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-06-01, 03:22 PM
Abundantly Ingenious Architect walks up to Armigier "Ooh I have made several of these devices, very useful to have around. My name is Abundantly Ingenious Architect I specialize in crafting things."

Myllinnia
2013-06-02, 05:09 AM
Sirus nods silently clearly his mind is elsewhere as he hands the device the map is upon. A strange device, almost paper thin, with a frame of orihalcum, the map is unlike any the Autochthonians have ever seen at least. Upon it shows the current location, and a series of lines in a rather zig zagy way across Estasia's boarders across a known blightzone, through some machinary and to a spot very close to Adamant Controlled lands. The map has a strange set of flashing red 'X's that are set along the route, and the first one is a few miles outside of the Railway transport's stop, a spot where walking or the Alchemical's loaded transports would be used.

Rhyvurg
2013-06-02, 02:20 PM
"Huh. Oh, yeah." He offers his hand. "Sorry, I'm not used to standing around and waiting, if I have to travel for a mission I usually use my own ship."

Recaiden
2013-06-02, 04:08 PM
Armiger takes his hand and shakes it firmly. "Oh, so you're the pilot of the other skimmer back there. Best part of this assignment is getting to fly them instead of skimming through the oil slicks." he answers with a laugh.

A pair of crawlspace arms take the map-frame and hold it for him to see. Armiger looks closely at the pattern of 'X's, and takes a moment to memorize the general route they plan to take, before handing it back.

"So I've heard, Architect. We can call you Architect, right? A few more might be useful if we ever get separated."

Scarlet Dragon
2013-06-02, 08:26 PM
"So I've heard, Architect. We can call you Architect, right? A few more might be useful if we ever get separated."

"Yes, yes Architect fine. I can make more just need resources and some time" As Architect is saying this he can be seen absently tinkering with various objects in his hands seemingly not paying attention to his work but not missing a beat.

Kyeudo
2013-06-04, 02:52 PM
Standing on the rail platform, Impetuous Lost Dream looks out over the crowd that has gathered, surveying the citizens that have come to see their Champions off on such a potentially important mission. She's wearing her armor, though it will be a few days before they reach the end of the tram line, and carries her helmet under one arm. The citizens have expectations about their Champions, expectations that the Tripartite Assembly expects to be met. Every public appearance is always a song and dance routine. Well, on with the show.

Dream steps to the edge of the platform. "People of Estasia!" She calls out. She pauses a moment, to let the noise of the crowd die away. "We go to investigate the messenger's claims. If they are true, we shall claim the weapon for the glory of our nation and the good of our world." She thrusts an arm into the air. "If they are false, we shall punish those who would spread such fear in our fair nation." She clenches her hand into a fist. As the crowd begins cheering, Dream drops her hand, dons her helmet, and turns smartly on her heel. She marches through the door of the tram, the thunderous applause echoing behind her in the enclosed space of the train station.

The acting isn't any fun, but the applause is usually worth it.

Rhyvurg
2013-06-04, 03:44 PM
Invader golf claps. "She does that very well."

Recaiden
2013-06-04, 10:37 PM
"All hail the valiant champion! You must be Impetuous Lost Dream."

He offers the newcomer a crawler claw, then quickly withdraws it and extends his hand instead.

"That was a nice speech for such an obvious message."

Myllinnia
2013-06-04, 11:34 PM
Everyone is quite excited now that they have had a champion declare so well. There are cheers and applause. Sirius is however not one of them, he is still reading from the pad he has. He does say a single thing. "Now that you all are here, please board, we will depart once we are aboard." With that he walk towards the rail-train's car, eyes still on the files his look grim.

Kyeudo
2013-06-04, 11:44 PM
With the tram doors now shut, Dream removes her helmet and shakes the foreign Exalt's hand. She applies a little pressure, enough for her handshake to be uncomfortable, trying to get a feel for the other Champion's strength and temperament. "Thank you. And you are?" She sizes up Armiger, mentally evaluating how well he'd do in battle. I hope these foreigners don't try anything when we find our objective. I'd prefer not to have any hitches on this mission. Then again, she thinks, perhaps this one could show me a good time in a fight.

Recaiden
2013-06-05, 12:02 AM
"Sure. I'm Aerial Armiger of Tradition, Champion of Loran." His handshake starts off fairly loose, but quickly tightens up to match Dream's grip, as his eyes narrow a little bit. These Estasians are so arrogant. At least she seems committed to finding the place.

With that, he steps fully inside the tram, and leans against one of the vertical rails, hand ready to hit the "Door-Close" as soon as they are all in.

The little machine, its inspection apparently finished, creeps in from the top of the tram.

Rhyvurg
2013-06-05, 01:26 AM
"Well, that was...let's call it appropriately awkward. Dream, perhaps we can set aside territorial instincts until after we have a better idea what we're dealing with?"

Myllinnia
2013-06-06, 05:33 AM
Once everyone is aboard the train leaves. The trip would take a few days even by train but either way those that saw the map knew that the first red 'X' just as far away.

Sirus parks himself and doesn't give the Alchemical Assembly any attention as he closes his eyes and looks to be snoozing. Beside him lies the files he was reading, though the device's screen was dark, leaving its contents unseen by those casually glancing to it. A pair of Regulators stand nearby their faces covered by a helmet and visor.

Rhyvurg
2013-06-06, 09:19 AM
"I don't suppose anyone brought a Gateway board?"

Kyeudo
2013-06-06, 05:01 PM
Impetuous Lost Dream heads to one of the cargo holds. There she carefully removes and stows her armor. The reinforced breastplate, though it fit her as though it was made for her, was tiring to wear for an extended length of time. She would have to consider adding Aegis Integration System to her panoply of Charms. Recieving the armor was a point of pride for her. It was ancient, honored relic, a masterpiece of craftsmenship that had survived centuries of warfare. Many Alchemicals before her had worn it into battle and she was determined not to fail that legacy. The armor itself is beautiful. Each armored plate is ivory white, edged and highlighted with polished moonsilver. The white inlays are made from the bones of a thousand Venator soldiers who fell in valiant service to Estasia, carved and fitted together without seam and polished to a brilliant luster.

She left on her bracers, both sets. More modern in make and design, her Hyperkinetic Coils and her hearthstone bracers are coiled spirals of moonsilver, stamped with runic characters. One amplified the power of her blows, the other enhanced her reflexes. The two pairs of spirals were interlocked with each other, making a double helix around each forearm. Her bracers were far lighter than the armor and useful.

With that done, Dream begins wandering the tram, looking for something to do. The ride promises to be fairly long and she's getting bored already.

Recaiden
2013-06-06, 07:31 PM
Armiger makes a slight shrug and raise of his eyebrow, before tilting his eye a few degrees towards Architect and minutely adjusting the light-filtering lenses.

You interpret this to mean that no, he didn't manage to bring a board game a few hundred miles underoil and through the reaches then through a grand melee with gremlinized custodians, but the other guy could probably put one together out of spare parts in a minute or two. How about it, Architect? Two pairs maybe. Seekel loves gateway.

As for himself, now inside, Armiger shucks off his crawlspace unit and tosses the coat over a rail, just for a second. The eight legs of the climbing machine fold themselves up into a neat little case, and he sets it against a wall, placing the coat, now it's a folded coat, over it.

Then he looks back to Architect, expecting to see a completed Gateway board and little pieces sitting beside him.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-06-06, 09:31 PM
Putting away his current project, which Architect himself doesn't really know will be yet. Architect boards the train and finds a suitable place to sit in the train preferably one with a table.

Hmm, lets see. Could make out of these trinkets. Yes that will do nicely In moments Architect has various trinkets out of his pockets and lying in pieces on a table before him. By the time Armigier has turned back around he sees a completed board and half of another one completed. I like to play to. Gives mind welcome diversion.

Rhyvurg
2013-06-08, 02:32 AM
"How about we tell each other something about ourselves, so we know what skills we bring to the group."

Myllinnia
2013-06-08, 02:37 AM
The trip is lonely for a group of gateway players, those that watch, the Regulators that are set at various sections of the tram, and those that explore. The tram is simple mostly, a troop moving tram that has been modified to carry the two transports. A set of men and women guard those cars ensuring that no one but the Assembly tampers with them. The little machine god with Armiger watches as the Gateway game gets going.

Sirus dozes. Or at least the Assembly believes he is. Every so often he cracks open an eye to watch those in the car, noting that at least one member was not there. Not that he seems to overly care, back his eyes close and he 'dozes' and listens.

Dream however finds something as she reaches one of the last cars to explore. Sitting at the very edge at the very back of the tram sits a strange woman, partially herself of metal, and machine-like parts as a pair of mechanically wings lay folded against her back. She hums to herself there, her legs dangling over the edge, while long metallic strands of shimmering hair flows behind her as the tram races down its lonely track. She is not anyone Dream has seen or knows.

Recaiden
2013-06-08, 10:10 PM
"Sounds like a plan."

Armiger moves a Destroyer down into his oil-tier, setting up another layer of defense around his ground pieces. He appears to setting up for the rare and ludicrous Oolarong Titan Gambit.

"I'm the first champion since Luceous Ancress herself. She has yet to finish her Avatar-Launching Silo so, it was pretty lonely. And I gotta say, I love the tunnels you all have here. Not so closed in and cloying. I don't think I reincarnated too often within Loran herself."

"I'm not the brightest guy, but Loran can make the plans. I'm here to see. And Lightning, well we hardly ever get it at home. I like seeing it. New favorite Element. I'm good at disguises; we didn't know exactly what state the Octet would be in down here. Figured we might have to blend in."

Kyeudo
2013-06-10, 12:26 AM
Though the woman is only sitting, Dream takes no chances. She immediately assumes a fighting posture, feet planted firmly to provide leverage, hands raised to jab or block. "Who are you and why are you here?" she demands.

Myllinnia
2013-06-10, 01:31 AM
The strange woman turns towards dream though not fully, her red eyes flicker with light for a moment as a slight smile touches her lips. "Who I am is not as important as to who you are. Upon the tumultuous events that race I have come to give witness to the ones who will doom their world and reveal in the spiral of souls." She turns back to watch the distant lights to fade entirely.

Kyeudo
2013-06-10, 07:06 PM
"Let's make this simple then. Start talking sense and I won't throw you off this train."

Rhyvurg
2013-06-10, 10:18 PM
"I was made as fast response combat support, sometimes there's no time for a trip to the Vats. I carry all of my Charms on me at all times, and I almost never remove my armor. I'm also the best swordsman you're likely to meet."

Myllinnia
2013-06-11, 04:36 AM
The strange woman turned her head again at the aggressive tone. She giggles suddenly. "I have made as much sense that is necessary. It occurs to me that sense is a thing people work for but are too lazy to figure on their own. But for you? I may give a hint. My sister came to your city with a Map, you saw the map yes? The X's. Each denote an event that will transpire. The first one will have three Apostates, ten Voidbringers of various power, and two Gremlins. A powerful force arrayed for you and your Assembly." She stands and turns as she balances right on the edge, a pair of mechanical wings fins unfold, and essence glows softly. "There will be two others there as well. The event will be one of several, and you and your Assembly's actions in it will determine whether you are marked Enders or Saviors." She then jumps and glides there. "I will be watching, Chosen of Cities. But we shall meet again, near the second X." She vanishes then, much like an Alchemical with an Optical Shroud.

Kyeudo
2013-06-12, 02:25 PM
Impetuous Lost Dream returns to the others. "Looks like we have problems coming up. Something like the spirit that gave us that map showed up on the train just now and left a warning. If her words are to be beleived, we've got three Apostates and an assortment of Voidbringers waiting for us at the first X on the map."

"I don't trust these spirits, but I think it good to be on our guard at the least."

Recaiden
2013-06-12, 10:02 PM
"Bold work. Is there that much trouble within the city? Damn. At lest you look cool in that kit. Myself, I prefer fights that start and end with one electrified jab." His eyes whirl meaningfully at the collapsed crawlspace unit.

Armiger looks up from the game as Dream returns. Architect is probably handily defeating both of them, about to capture their Alphas and end the match.

"Ap-Apostates? You're kidding us, right? ... No I didn't really think so. Three against the four of us, and the others would turn this into 'severely outnumbered'..."

Armiger tries to think back and recall where the first X was in relation to the tram line.

"I doubt they'd lie in that way unless they want us so cautious we slow down and miss something."

Scarlet Dragon
2013-06-12, 10:34 PM
"Aha you moved into my trap. Calculated risk turned to my advantage" Architect exclaims as he takes the first of their Alpha's.

"Apostates huh. Not sure we have numbers to compensate. Must make up in skill. Quick calculation. Element of surprise lost. Armigier obviously experienced in combat and resourceful. Invader built solely for combat. Both have assault vehicles. Dream looks skilled with weapons can't tell depth of it yet, not enough data. Myself, I am lacking in combat but can hold my own and am very resourceful out of combat. All of this to our advantage." Architect says all of this fairly quickly with little pause between statements. "On other hand. They have superior numbers. Unknown skill level. And must assume more working knowledge of terrain."

Rhyvurg
2013-06-12, 11:09 PM
"Only three Apostates?"

Kyeudo
2013-06-13, 09:04 PM
"Yes, only three Apostates." Dream says sarcastically. More sincerely, she continues. "If they are all skilled combatants, we could certainly be in for trouble. I think we should be able to handle it, though."

Rhyvurg
2013-06-13, 09:36 PM
"You take all the fun out of bravado. So, Dream, what abilities do you bring to the table?"

Recaiden
2013-06-17, 11:38 PM
Armiger makes a slight wave of his hand and twitch of his eyes, implying a smile that's not really shown. To Architect, Calculated poorly, on my part. Well done.

He turns away from the game board. "Well if they wanted to challenge us, they'd have brought a whole assembly." Bravado is infectious.

"There's also a good chance we're better armed."

Kyeudo
2013-06-17, 11:55 PM
"I'm not afraid of a fight."

Myllinnia
2013-06-19, 11:30 PM
Sirus remains silent and appears to doze through the trip, the assembly talks the hours away as the tram continues to run unhindered. Nearly a day later the tram pilot's voice echoes over the intercom.

"We are arriving at Xex," and yes indeed the speedy tram begins to slow. "However Xex is reporting a strange anomaly affecting his external defense systems. Xex also reports this due to the fact of our arrival and the appearance of the Twisted Engine of Silent Death and his Assembly."

Outside the windows the Assembly can see the outer edges of Xex,a small Starmetal Patropolis. Its gleaming walls and the rails of shimmer with essence, while protective barriers ensure the tram doesn't fall into the ravine below you.

Kyeudo
2013-06-21, 10:53 AM
Already back in her armor, Dream is both concerned and excited by Xex's current problems. This should be fun. She slams her helmet into place, turns to the group, and starts calling orders. "Alright people, we need to find those Apostates and shut them down. If we can engage the traitors before they can reach the walls, we can avoid civilian casualties. Architect, we need you to see if you can't find out why Xex's defenses are offline. See if you can get them working again. Let's move."

As soon as the tram comes to a stop and the doors slide open, Impetuous Lost Dream is on the move, marching across the loading platform with a ground-eating stride. She spots a small group of Plutarch clerks, probably a delegation sent to welcome them to the city before this disaster occurred. She points, singling one out. "You. Where were the Voidbringers sighted?"

Recaiden
2013-06-21, 03:17 PM
The tram's deceleration jolts Armiger awake from the bench where he was dozing.
"Damn. Well, we knew this was coming." Swinging himself up, he goes to strap on his crawlspace unit, and fit his armored jacket on around it. It was a real trouble getting it made with slots for the crawler arms.

He glances down the length of the tram, and shifts a bit, lettign the light from the chasm glint off the polished synth-leather of his armor.
I'm going to take my ship out to look for them. If they're all together and numerous as we were warned, I'll want to be at its controls.

A brush of his hand wakes his familiar-machine.
Seekel, go on with Dream and report back if you get any leads.

When the tram comes fully to a stop, he's back at the transport bay, running his skiff through its pre-flight checks. Elemental core in, lens focused, lifters at full capacity. Soon enough he's lifting it up to patrol around the edge of Xex.

Rhyvurg
2013-06-21, 04:48 PM
Invader leaves his ship in the tram for now. "I don't think splitting up is the best idea. I can probably take an Apostate one on one, but there's several of them here."

Myllinnia
2013-06-21, 05:08 PM
The one Dream questions turns a worried look to the northwest. "O, over that way. We have no Champions of our own here, are you here to erase them?"

Xex himself is a silent fortress, walls tall, essence weapon emplacements, though they are all deactivated. The spot lights from the central tower patrol the walls, ensuring no breach has occurred yet. The people are pretty much in disarray, no one is barking orders, whole shifts seem to bogging down to bare efficiency.

Armigier and those from the tram see the oddity first. A pulse of indigo light in the north east, it flares like a dim sun, then fades. An echo of an explosion reaches Xex. As Armigier skiff nears the walls alarms start sounding and the skiff trembles, its speed starts to drop.

Murmurs of the end of the world and so on ripple through the mortal populace hindering even further the city's ability to function properly. Sirus and his men leave the tram last with the Assembly ready to do what it must the mortal overseer is content to hunt for the City's local regulators.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-06-21, 06:01 PM
"Please point way to nearest terminal. I suggest we get defenses nearest intruders up first and also the defense systems on the way. Best course of action would likely involve all of us going there and protecting me while I fix the defense system."

Recaiden
2013-06-21, 07:04 PM
Listening to Invader (who had better have a helmet on), Armiger is not so quick to rush off towards the city, keeping a hatch open and listening to Architect.

That only changes with the explosion. The way he closes the hatch and speeds off towards the northeast, towards the indigo light, says enough.

It would be good to stay together, but not when they're already playing their hand. The city regulators can protect you while you get the defenses up. We need to keep them away from Xex until then.

He carefully steers away form the city when the skiff starts to slow.
They couldn't tune the alarms so we wouldn't trigger them? They knew we were coming.

Kyeudo
2013-06-23, 02:51 AM
"Leave that light to Armiger. If it's anything urgent, he can signal us. The rest of us need to buy time for Architect to get the city's defenses back active. Come on." Dream puts words into action, leading the way through the city. Light flares up around her, brilliant silver mixed with muted blue and burgandy, announcing to the citizens of the city both that a Champion has come to their aid and that their Champion is on urgent buisness. Regulators herd whoever is left on the streets to safety inside nearby buildings or fall in behind the party of Alchemicals, leaving a clear path to the city's wall.

Spending a mote to flare my anima banner to the 11-14 mote level.

Rhyvurg
2013-06-23, 02:15 PM
Invader follows behind her, latching his helmet on. His beamklave is in his hand but unignited.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-06-25, 03:15 AM
Architect quickly falls in behind the Dream and Invader initially struggling to keep up with his pace set by his fellows. That changes quickly when the legs from a crawlspace unit, strapped to Architect's back, unfurl and take over.

Myllinnia
2013-06-25, 04:57 AM
The nearest Terminal is easily found, its red light showing that something was wrong with the weapons upon the wall higher above Architect, Dream, and Invader. At the terminal is also five young workers, all with tools and trying their hardest to understand the terminal's issue. As the group approaches it Architect notes the errors that flow so easily along the screen, a serious error indeed, that tells him one thing, something has damaged Xex's essence flows, creating issues also with the city's ability to control his own weapon as well power them. Though the glance alone doesn't tell him where the problem may lie, repairing and accessing the terminal may allow him to find the source.

Armiger finds his vehicle hard to control but as he moves away from the wall he has better control, as he drifts towards the place where the explosion and light lit up the 'sky' he finds something in the distance that he has never seen before, a diamond shaped vehicle as big as his own vehicle flies at a person running from it just feet away from it, a person who seems to glow dimly with that light seen earlier. It has sharp angled fins, and two weapon blasting at the unarmed person who tries to flee. Armiger doesn't see the Apostates, but he does see this. In a moment though it looks like the black diamond shaped flying vehicle may destroy the person, and it would take a good minute or two to race that way. As two black bolts of 'light' fly at the fleeing person the person turns raising hands up and for a moment her light flashes brightly with indigo. The twin bolts freeze in the air as they near her but the force is enough to send the person flying back and tumbles before collapsing a good dozen yards away. Weakly the person tries to get back on her feet, and her light begins to dim once more.

So! Two things first. Armiger you are close to the team on the ground, and the sight you saw is quite a bit of distance at max speed you can reach the spot to defend the person, but less time can be used to reach a spot to reach maximum distance on whatever weapons you may have. Per+Aware rolls to find the apostates for Armiger if you wish.

Second, the terminal can be repaired with a decent Dex(or Int)+Craft (Magitech) Roll. Any charms can be used. Accessing it after that will simply come after getting 3+ Successes on that craft roll and asking it what you want to know.

To speed our stunt/roll system. Roll 3 die, and I will tell you after that if you have 1, 2, or 3 die stunt.

Recaiden
2013-06-25, 11:20 AM
Free from the wall of Xex and its jamming field, Armiger speeds the skiff forward. Its propulsion panels glow as it races at its top speed towards the fight. He's worried; can he make it there in time?
And what is this ship? It lacks the curved aesthetic of octet tunnel vehicles, and definitely isn't one of the slapped-together flying wrecks that the tunnel folk occasionally raise. It reminds him off silly stories told to scare children, but there it is, black and hard-edged and real.

He keeps his eyes open, looking around and watching the scanner as he flies in, well aware that this could be an ambush and that the other machine is quite dangerous.

A light blinks on: Maximum Engagement Range. Armiger ignores it; he can hardly hit the broad side of a bridge with these cannons. No sense in firing when he can't help but miss.
It changes tone, blue to green. Optimal Engagement Range. He still ignores it. That person down there doesn't look like she can take too many more shots, but the skiff is covered in armor plates. It can manage.

The ship rolls over as it reaches the fight, twisting and spinning around its front lifters to hover between the woman and the diamond-craft.
Armiger can just be seen behind the reinforced crystal of the cockpit. His grim smile speaks. In the name of the Great Maker, you will power down or be destroyed. To back up the threat, his essence cannons start to power up, rims spinning and central essence-projectors glowing as they gather destructive power.
The woman on the ground might have gotten a very different message as she saw Armiger fly in. Worry not. We're here to help. What is this ship, and where is the Twisted Engine?

Moving to defend the person.
Perception+Awareness to find the apostates as I fly along.
[roll0]+Any stunts [roll1]
Going to take an Aim action if I can, once I get there.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-06-25, 02:49 PM
As Architect arrives data starts streaming onto his goggle about the terminal allowing him to make a better assessment about the issue.

"Please move aside I think I may know the problem." AS he approaches the device a myriad of tools emerge from his hands and he quickly and swiftly gets to work on repairing the device. Opening the panel on the side he starts pulling out select wires and redirecting the essence flows to get past the block in the system.

The errors on the screen disappear quickly and Architect starts accessing the information available on the source of the Xex's essence blockage and the locations of said blocks.

Spending 3 motes to activate my goggles it reduces the repair rating of any magitech item by one and adds an additional die on the Craft check. This will reduce the difficulty of the check to two.

Since I don't know whether or not it required a workshop or just a tool I will roll both
[roll0] Workshop 11 successes
[roll1] Tools 10 successes
[roll2] Stunt

Myllinnia
2013-06-25, 06:29 PM
Armiger reaches the spot just in the nick of time, the energy from its weapons fade as the skiff arrives on the scene. Of course to his west watching and looking ready to pounce is the Twisted Engine and his teeming forces of voidbringers hidden in a nearby tunnel that leads downwards. Apparently they are waiting for something.

The young lady looks up to the skiff a look of pain and concern on her face. "B, be careful... Its dangerous..."

From the diamond shaped vehicle a dark and evil laugh echoes from it with a less than mechanical sound. "How intimidating," the obvious male voice is full of condescension, "Do you think you can prevent me from true goal? You with that flimsy mechanical contraption?" He laughs again and the diamond shaped vehicle trembles with his laughter as if voice and machine were one being.

Armiger's skiff warns him that the apostates are making some aggressive movements. It may not be long before they spring an attack upon the single skiff.

---
Inside Xex's walls, Architect gets the terminal running, and in quick order too, the system flies as Architect sends it to find the source of Xex's ails. The system shows a map of the weapon charms, and he finds that something is feeding off of the essence flows, near the central tower in the basement level power is being siphoned off from the weapon system.

A voice comes over the city's announcement system. "Unknown threats are making aggressive movements against allied skiff. Repair of North East Weapon array recommended." The mortals with Architect, Dream, and Invader look to you for direction.

Recaiden
2013-06-26, 09:17 PM
Don't worry. So am I.

Armiger nods slightly, watching the apostates and the ship, waiting for them to make their move.

Me. And this machine. And my assembly. And their machines. And Xex and his avatars and his cannons and the exmachina and the custodians and all the world stand ready to stop you.

He takes aim at the machine, placing the targeting reticule right over the point of the diamond.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-06-27, 01:07 AM
"Alright, here is plan. First go to the Central Tower. There is something feeding off of Xex's essence there. Stop it. Then we go to Weapon Array. Turn those on. Good news Central Tower on way according to city schematics." Turning to the mortals beside him he asks "I'll need resources for when we get to Weapon Array." He lists off a series of resources he may need to fix the weapon array.
"Meet us here with supplies." Points to a location on the map of Xex between the Central Tower and the Northern Weapon Arrays.

Kyeudo
2013-06-27, 11:16 AM
"You heard the man." Dream leads the way towards the central tower as the regulators scatter to collect Architect's supplies.

Rhyvurg
2013-06-28, 02:42 AM
Invader follows her, igniting his beamklave. He wasn't one for technical stuff, he's just a combat chassis. But he's very good at what he does.