PDA

View Full Version : "Optional" Email Address Change Isn't

Siosilvar
2013-06-01, 11:16 AM
Basically see the title. When I went to change my password (mostly due to the recent news post reminding me that I've been using the same one for far too long), I cleared the autofilled email fields because they're marked as optional. When I pushed "Submit", I got a vBulletin Message reading "Please complete the required field 'Email'."

This is probably low-priority, but it'd be nice if optional fields actually were.

Rawhide
2013-06-01, 05:36 PM
Basically see the title. When I went to change my password (mostly due to the recent news post reminding me that I've been using the same one for far too long), I cleared the autofilled email fields because they're marked as optional. When I pushed "Submit", I got a vBulletin Message reading "Please complete the required field 'Email'."

This is probably low-priority, but it'd be nice if optional fields actually were.

Did you try just leaving those two fields as they were? Pre-filled out with your current email address.

It's optional to change it, it's not optional to have one.

Siosilvar
2013-06-01, 06:22 PM
I did leave them how they were the second time through, but I wasn't sure if they were prefilled by the forum or by my browser (and they weren't the email I remember signing up for the forums with; must've changed that at some point). They were labeled "New Email Address" and "(Optional)" so I cleared them to be sure the email would stay the same, which is typical behavior for most other places with such fields. That didn't work as expected.

Is it possible to change the title to "Account Email Address", clearing the optional part? I think that'd make it clearer. Obviously a low-priority change, especially since I'm the only person I've seen with this issue in years.