PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Query

Ruethgar
2013-06-01, 12:35 PM
What is the best first level power? I have a character who will be getting up to about half of a psion's power points, one first level power, and manifester level up to 10. Any suggestions for the most versatile power I could choose that wouldn't suffer too much from a half manifester progression?

Keld Denar
2013-06-01, 12:51 PM
To do what? If you are a melee character, you can't go wrong with Dimensional Hop from Complete Psi. It's a swift action 10' teleport for 1 PP with an additional 5' for each 1-2 PP spent, I forget exactly.

Otherwise, Psionic Minor Creation has crazy utility, Entangling Ectoplasm scales decently well, Psionic Grease is usually a good call, and even a low level Astral Construct can be used for distractions and trapspringing.

Ruethgar
2013-06-01, 01:13 PM
Hopping, Creation and Construct all sound fun. The character is maluable enough that I can choose whichever direction I want though most likely ranged magic or melee beatstick. Instantly conjuring poison(like hemlock, high base DC for a death effect) would be nice, but being nightcrawler also sounds cool.

Edit: Oh and is there a way to get higher level psionic powers than you normally would be able to get like there is for spells?