PDA

View Full Version : build review and suggestions ? low op game

morkendi
2013-06-01, 03:10 PM
Got invited to low op game. I was told low op by DM, and build our to 12 lvls. The group said they needed backup melee, so this is what I came up with.

Race human. Monk 2 / anti pally 2 (evil campaign)/ fighter 2 / dervish 6. ( always wanted to try a dervish.)

stats are str 14 , dex 18, con 16, int 13 , was 14, and cha 16 after lvl adjustment s

Monk gave the perform dance and tumble as class skills, pally just filled bab and even more saves. Fighter to get the feats.

Feats I took.
Dodge ( prerequisite for dervish)
Mobility ( prereq )
Combat expertise
Versatile unarmed strike ( hands count as slashing weapons)
Weapon focus unarmed strike
Improved natural attack
Superior unarmed strike
Flay foe

Any changes I should make? Does everything look right?

Xervous
2013-06-01, 09:28 PM
Okay, going on the roll that I've been on recently...

Of the feats you actually have a choice of taking, you aren't getting much out of treating your fists as slashing weapons: a max of +5 to hit and +5+1d6 to damage which is really sad for two feats. Drop flay foe and versatile unarmed strike. Simply use monk weapons to trigger the bonus from dervish. If you want your unarmed strike damage to be put into effect, you can use a scorpion kama from the magic item compendium.

Since you are using the LE paladin, why not leaf through Unearthed Arcana and look at the cobra strike monk style? It's first two bonus feats are pure win for you:
1: dodge
2: mobility

If book of exalted deeds is allowed, and you can get the DM to wave the "Exalted" tag on it, intuitive attack will let you use wisdom in place of strength for simple and natural weapons (unarmed strikes!), though this will not work with the kama.

If dragon compendium is allowed, then take the feat Serenity. It replaces charisma with wisdom for a paladin's turn undead, lay on hands, and most importantly divine grace.

If you manage either of the two above, you should make wisdom a higher score since you're getting it to multiple stats (AC from monk and potentially attacks and saves)

If you want more, just ask.

Waker
2013-06-02, 12:31 AM
Any time that anyone gets both Dodge and Mobility, I have to say at that point they are obligated to pick up Elusive Target. It is an excellent feat and the ability to ignore Power Attack alone is great, while the causing the enemy to hit one of their allies is just comical. The feat is especially useful to you since your low AC makes you a prime target for Power Attacking.
You might also consider Desert Wind Dodge since your Dervish Dance lets your move around, making your rather ineffective dodge bonus at least affect all enemies. Try and convince your DM that Desert Wind Dodge+Elusive Target makes you PA immune to all enemies when you move.