PDA

View Full Version : What to do with a throng of feats?

Ruethgar
2013-06-01, 06:44 PM
Through long, convoluted cheesery I have a character with the most feats I can possibly muster and wondering. What should I do with them? 10 feats at level one as a wizard, the rest fighter with 5 more feats at level 2. After that, two feats per level to 7 and one feat per level there-after plus the regular allotted feats every third plus a 1/day ring of chaos shuffle.

So what can the playground do with 44 feats? I had considered this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8753936&postcount=35). But apart from spells, are there any insanely powerful things you can come up with just from feats?

ArcturusV
2013-06-01, 06:58 PM
Hmm... not really. I mean there's useful things to throw in but most feats don't really break open the game. But since you got fighter levels in there, heck, throwing in a few instances of Open Minded so you actually have skill points worth a damn? I'd consider that. Skills tend to come up more often for me than Feats. Most feat chains are just subpar taxes to get to where you are barely effective doing something anyway. But you got the feats, so go ahead and burn them on your Feat Chains. Grabbing up a few instances of Ancestral Relic? Not a bad call in general in my book.

Jett Midknight
2013-06-01, 07:08 PM
Take Eldritch Heritage to gain access to the powers of every sorcerer bloodline. Not a good option, but still funny.

Either that or take Skill Focus (X) and watch as you succeed every skills check. I'm more curious how you managed to get 10 feats at level one and 5 at level 2.

RFLS
2013-06-01, 07:13 PM
Well....you could go into Cleric/Dread Necro/Ur-Priest and Chaos Shuffle them into Extra Turning. Persistomance away.

kulosle
2013-06-01, 08:36 PM
umm extra spell/spell slot. take the binder feats.

Raineh Daze
2013-06-01, 08:41 PM
You have enough feats to actually afford Spring Attack! :O

Ruethgar
2013-06-01, 10:07 PM
What would be the best bind to take? I've only really looked at Niberius for con damage combos. What spells would be best? What other feats could help caster level? Would anyone suggest Soulmelds?

Eslin
2013-06-01, 10:26 PM
Yes to all three. Keep naberius anyway, ability damage healing gets awesome after a while.

Grab shape soulmeld, expanded soulmeld capacity, bonus essentia, etc etc.

If you have more feats than you know what to do with - buy dodge, mobility, spring attack, improved unarmed strike, combat expertise, improved trip, combat reflexes, knock-down, elusive target, defensive throw, snap kick, superior unarmed strike, improved grapple, scorpion's grasp, aberration blood, inhuman reach, improved natural attack (UAS), knowledge devotion, mage slayer, practised spellcaster, shape soulmeld (mauling gauntlets), open least chakra (hands), bonus essentia, expanded soulmeld capacity and truename training (for the word given form mastery).

Enjoy the world's most unexpected gish prowess.

Randomguy
2013-06-01, 11:43 PM
What's your build? Your BAB and how much spellcasting you have will be important factors.
Also, what level are you starting at?

You could make a great grappler, tripper or intimidation lock-down-er (with imperious command).

You could invest feats into archery or TWF or mounted combat.

A factotum could make good use of Font of Inspiration.

You can load up on incarnum feats to lower your item dependency.

Getting some abberrant feats would be nice: You could get reach, flight and water breathing. If you want unlimited (ish) flight at level 1 then you could get both Abberrant flight and Dragon Wings, which would let you glide between turns when you can fly.