PDA

View Full Version : sacrilegious fist

ddude987
2013-06-01, 08:20 PM
Hello all,
So I thought of a build and after a bit of research I discovered the build I am looking at was named sacrilegious fist. Most of the threads on it that I found had experienced and as such I have not been able to iron out the build. 2 flaws are allowed and we are using a 32 point by for ability scores. DWK is a true dragon for this character. Also dragons autoqualify for anything with dragonblood subtype. Sacred fist is full casting progression. Also a homebrew rule of the DM is that monks gain wis to-hit and damage as an attempt to make monks better.

So far I thought starting with three levels of factotum to get all those skills urPreist requires. Then enter monk for 2 levels followed by 2 levels of priest into full sacred fist. I don't expect the campaign to go to much farther than that.

I have no idea what to make my ability scores with a 32 point by. Feat selection so far is as follows...
1: DWK
flaw: Iron Will
flaw: Spell Focus(evil)
3: Extend Spell
6: Combat Casting

This way I won't be persisting until 12th level :( Though my DM may drop spell focus evil as a prereq considering it hardly does anything. Any help/ideas to improve this are appreciated. Thanks!

Note: Many things that other people consider cheese are not quite cheese in my playgroup so all suggestions are open!

Flickerdart
2013-06-01, 09:05 PM
Factotum doesn't really do all that much for you, given your Wisdom focus. You may be better off with three levels in Human Paragon instead, which also nets you a bonus feat.

ddude987
2013-06-01, 09:55 PM
Factotum doesn't really do all that much for you, given your Wisdom focus. You may be better off with three levels in Human Paragon instead, which also nets you a bonus feat.

Yeah but I wwanted to play dragonwrought kobold.

Xervous
2013-06-01, 10:00 PM
Planar monk sub levels from Planar Handbook to get knowledge: the planes

2 LE paladin
Ruby Rose knight sub levels from Champions of Valor gets you bluff as a class skill.

Get iron will from otyugh hole, seriously.

one level dip of wizard gets you abrupt jaunt and spellcraft.

spend a feat on Serenity (dragon compendium) to have paladin's turn undead, lay on hands, and Divine Grace use wisdom.

ddude987
2013-06-01, 10:04 PM
Mmmm interesting. What would the build look like? Urpriest at 6 of course. 3 monk/ 2 pali

Xervous
2013-06-01, 10:10 PM
you missed the level of wizard to get know: the planes.

ddude987
2013-06-01, 10:30 PM
you missed the level of wizard to get know: the planes.

Planar monk gets the planes I thought was the concensus

shaikujin
2013-06-01, 10:44 PM
Hello all,
So I thought of a build and after a bit of research I discovered the build I am looking at was named sacrilegious fist. Most of the threads on it that I found had experienced and as such I have not been able to iron out the build. 2 flaws are allowed and we are using a 32 point by for ability scores. DWK is a true dragon for this character. Also dragons autoqualify for anything with dragonblood subtype. Sacred fist is full casting progression. Also a homebrew rule of the DM is that monks gain wis to-hit and damage as an attempt to make monks better.

So far I thought starting with three levels of factotum to get all those skills urPreist requires. Then enter monk for 2 levels followed by 2 levels of priest into full sacred fist. I don't expect the campaign to go to much farther than that.

I have no idea what to make my ability scores with a 32 point by. Feat selection so far is as follows...
1: DWK
flaw: Iron Will
flaw: Spell Focus(evil)
3: Extend Spell
6: Combat Casting

This way I won't be persisting until 12th level :( Though my DM may drop spell focus evil as a prereq considering it hardly does anything. Any help/ideas to improve this are appreciated. Thanks!

Note: Many things that other people consider cheese are not quite cheese in my playgroup so all suggestions are open!

Based on what you have chosen, see if the following cheese are fine in your playgroup:

1) While you lose any previous cleric spell casting when you take Ur Priest, taking cleric levels subsequently is fine

2) After your first level in Ur Priest, use DWK to get 6 BAB in 1 level by taking the level 9 Dragonblood Cleric sub level (from races of Dragon):
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=4804.0

3) If above is fine, take the Dragonblood Sorceror level as well

4) If you don't really want the factotum level, use retraining/rebuilding rules to get Ur Priest level as your first character level

5) If you do want it (it's pretty good), use all feats you can spare to pick up font of inspiration from here:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070606

6) So say you have 3 feats in FoI, they give you 1 + 2 + 3 extra points. 3rd one gives 3 inspiration points.
DCFS away all the first 2. You'll still have 3.

7) Super cheesy part - with that 2 feats, take FOI again. Since the last one you have gave 3 points, these 2 will give you 4 + 5. Repeat as neccessary

ddude987
2013-06-01, 11:14 PM
That...seems excessive. Maybe the +6 bab is enough :P

Metahuman1
2013-06-01, 11:46 PM
Snag a level of crusader and maybe a level of Warblade in there. Cause maneuvers are sweet.

See about Prestige Paladin to add awesome spells known to your list for persisting.