PDA

View Full Version : Bladewolf in D&D

SleepyShadow
2013-06-01, 09:53 PM
An interesting thought occurred to me while listening to the Metal Gear Rising soundtrack: How would I stat up Bladewolf? I had chuckled to myself about this, and initially I thought that awakening an iron defender would be a good start. However, at least according to the version of the spell that I found, Awaken Construct only works on humanoid-shaped constructs.

So, how would I awaken an iron defender, or is there some other way to stat up Bladewolf?

Emperor Tippy
2013-06-01, 09:58 PM
If you just want it to have an Int score then give it Rudimentary Intelligence (ups the price tag to create by like 8K GP).

And Awaken Construct works just fine on non humanoid constructs, the target line is what matters and it says "One Construct". The problem is that lots of constructs have Immunity to Magic and the spell is SR: Yes. So if you DM doesn't allow them to voluntarily lower their Immunity then you need to use a Factotum or Beguiler to negate SR.

SleepyShadow
2013-06-02, 09:38 AM
Does it? Ah, well, that makes everything easier then. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity. :smallsmile: