PDA

View Full Version : 11:11 - Make a wish

kreenlover
2013-06-01, 10:22 PM
So, this is going to be late by the time I get it out there, but in the spirit of 11:11, what would everyone wish for if their D&D characters got one (and only one, no getting more via any shenanigans) wish?

Spuddles
2013-06-01, 10:37 PM
My first wish would be for the rules governing wishes to be ignored for all my subsequent wishes.

Jett Midknight
2013-06-01, 10:55 PM
The last character I played as started out as a simple knight, and was eventually granted the title of a minor lordship. From here he rebuilt his tiny village, and went and saved his villagers from slavery and lead them back to their homes. Yet still adventured called and he had to leave them in the care of a few rangers. He would wish for his village to thrive in safety and to become large and prosperous.

Slipperychicken
2013-06-01, 11:29 PM
I'll wish for a Candle of Invocation. Then use it to Gate a Sarrukh and command it to grant me the Manipulate Form ability. No more wishes required :smallbiggrin:

ko_sct
2013-06-02, 12:04 AM
My first wish would be for the rules governing wishes to be ignored for all my subsequent wishes.

That's good and all, but since you only get a single wish, wouldn't this be kind of a waste ?

As for me ? No idea, I could go for some cake right now I guess...

Spuddles
2013-06-02, 12:07 AM
That's good and all, but since you only get a single wish, wouldn't this be kind of a waste ?

Not if my character already has wishes available....

Flavel
2013-06-02, 12:17 AM

How about an Ardent Dilettante with "See it Again."

Cranthis
2013-06-02, 12:19 AM
I would wish to cast wizard spells, getting as many spells per day as duskblades, across all spell levels.

Arcanist
2013-06-02, 01:25 AM
I wish I could think of something to wish for :smallfrown:

Cruiser1
2013-06-02, 02:09 AM
Transport travelers. A wish can lift one creature per caster level from anywhere on any plane and place those creatures anywhere else on any plane regardless of local conditions. An unwilling target gets a Will save to negate the effect, and spell resistance (if any) applies.
For a Wish (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/wish.htm) at 11:11, let's do something good aligned! :smallcool: Wish to transport (casterlevel) number of innocent heroes who are imprisoned against their will in Baator, Carceri, or the Abyss, to your position on the material plane. If Wish requires you to specify the people to transport by name, then first cast your favorite divination or calling spells to determine from good aligned powers or celestials who most needs rescuing.

Spuddles
2013-06-02, 02:48 AM
For a Wish (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/wish.htm) at 11:11, let's do something good aligned! :smallcool: Wish to transport (casterlevel) number of innocent heroes who are imprisoned against their will in Baator, Carceri, or the Abyss, to your position on the material plane. If Wish requires you to specify the people to transport by name, then first cast your favorite divination or calling spells to determine from good aligned powers or celestials who most needs rescuing.

Pfff I use my Wish to Wish that your Wish doesn't work.

Ashtagon
2013-06-02, 02:54 AM
Pfff I use my Wish to Wish that your Wish doesn't work.

Pfff I use my wish to wish that your wish that his wish doesn't work doesn't work.

Svata
2013-06-02, 03:53 AM
I wish to have all of magic items in the dmg.
If that's not an option, I wish for a ring of three wishes.

Raven777
2013-06-02, 08:47 AM
Vampirism. Stupid DM and stupid party don't understand my sorcerous genius, but I will make them see! I will make them all see!!

Xervous
2013-06-02, 10:29 AM
I wish to find happiness wherever I go.

A: "Dammit, why do I keep bumping into this same person everywhere...?"

B: "My name is Happiness..."

A: "Who names their kids with thesauruses? Why not Joy?"

Slipperychicken
2013-06-02, 10:49 AM
I wish to find happiness wherever I go.

Happiness is now the BBEG's name.

Xervous
2013-06-02, 10:53 AM
Happiness is now the BBEG's name.

And this is the kind of brilliant stuff you get when imaginative DMs troll wishers.

Eldan
2013-06-02, 11:03 AM
And she only became a BBEG because you insulted her parent's imagination.

Slipperychicken
2013-06-02, 02:19 PM
And she only became a BBEG because you insulted her parent's imagination.

I was thinking more of a Boy Named Sue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1BJfDvSITY) story.

Basically, this person had to grow tough (perhaps even Evil) or get killed for his "sissy" name. He grows up into an epic badass, tracks the Wish down to you, seeking revenge for all the torment and violence that name brought into his life. This is most likely in addition to whatever evil plans he was cooking up already.

137beth
2013-06-02, 02:26 PM
I wish that Happiness is no longer the BBEG.

Okay, an even more powerful and evil BBEG appears...

Qwertystop
2013-06-02, 02:45 PM
Wish that <insert mundane thing here> gives wishes.

Xervous
2013-06-02, 02:48 PM

Suddenly, after wishing that thimbles grant wishes, there is a profound abundance of djinn about, and you find yourself talking to a thimble.

Slipperychicken
2013-06-02, 02:49 PM

It gives wishes to the BBEG, and not to you.

I wish that Happiness is no longer the BBEG.

Hatred is the new BBEG. Happiness is his right hand man, and his most trusted and lethal assassin. This does not in any way reduce Happiness' power; he's just as strong as before, and still enacting his evil plans, in addition to new ones started by Hatred.

Raven777
2013-06-02, 03:33 PM
Hatred is the new BBEG. Happiness is his right hand man, and his most trusted and lethal assassin. This does not in any way reduce Happiness' power; he's just as strong as before, and still enacting his evil plans, in addition to new ones started by Hatred.

I wish to be the DM.

Slipperychicken
2013-06-02, 03:48 PM
I wish to be the DM.

Congratulations, you are now the DM of your very own campaign (currently has zero players), in addition to continuing to be a player in this one.

Option 2: Give the character an in-universe gaming group. They appear adjacent to his character (along with a table, some chairs, a variety of odd-shaped dice, a grid mat, a DM screen, and several rulebooks) playing Houses and Humans. They've been working long and hard at building their characters, are quite genre-savvy, and they expect a full adventure, setting, and well-developed NPCs from him. If they are not satisfied, they will disappear, never to return again. The PC must seek new NPC players if he wishes to DM another game.

Raven777
2013-06-02, 04:00 PM
Option 2: Give the character an in-universe gaming group. They appear adjacent to his character playing Houses and Humans. They've been working long and hard at building their characters, are quite genre-savvy, and they expect a full adventure, setting, and well-developed NPCs from him. If they are not satisfied, they will disappear, never to return again. The PC must seek new NPC players if he wishes to DM another game.

I run their first adventure. In the BBEG Young White Dragon's hoard, they find a ring granting each of their characters a single Wish...

Slipperychicken
2013-06-02, 04:07 PM
I run their first adventure. In the BBEG Young White Dragon's hoard, they find a ring granting each of their characters a single Wish...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7G6ciJUMuAk/TGOQMOWsMGI/AAAAAAAABZU/_K91q5OU6hw/s400/yo+dawg+31.jpg

Spuddles
2013-06-02, 05:18 PM
I Wish you'd stop twisting my Wishes.

Slipperychicken
2013-06-02, 06:13 PM

Subject "you" unspecified. Targeting nearest creature instead...

Qwertystop
2013-06-02, 06:44 PM

Great. That's the end of your one Wish, though.

Sgtpepper
2013-06-02, 08:05 PM
I'd wish that every 11:11 wish was horribly twisted by an evil Dm

Sith_Happens
2013-06-03, 12:06 AM
Obviously I'd wish for an at-will item of a Wish costing A(g64,g64) XP (which is far more than enough to cover any other magic item I might want to wish for).

Spuddles
2013-06-03, 01:24 AM
Great. That's the end of your one Wish, though.

Give me your wish. I can wish for more wishes and give them back to you.

Slipperychicken
2013-06-03, 01:47 AM
Give me your wish. I can wish for more wishes and give them back to you.

OP has you beat.

So, this is going to be late by the time I get it out there, but in the spirit of 11:11, what would everyone wish for if their D&D characters got one (and only one, no getting more via any shenanigans) wish?

Sith_Happens
2013-06-03, 01:58 AM
Mine's not a shenanigan, it's right there on the safe list.:smalltongue:

ddude987
2013-06-03, 02:06 AM
Its time for a little proof of concept...

I wish that everyone else's post after mine is blank.

137beth
2013-06-03, 02:13 AM
Its time for a little proof of concept...

I wish that everyone else's post after mine is blank.

Blank

There, it worked.

Sith_Happens
2013-06-03, 02:14 AM
Does white text count?

Raven777
2013-06-03, 08:07 AM
HELP! I AM BEING REPRESSED BY A WISH!

Qwertystop
2013-06-03, 03:02 PM
We're really all going along with this? Ah well, at least it'll be over when the page ends and our posts are no longer after his on the page.

RFLS
2013-06-03, 03:12 PM
I wish to have all of magic items in the dmg.
If that's not an option, I wish for a ring of three wishes.

Sadly, I think both of these fall outside the realm of a single Wish's power.

Also, nice avatar :smallamused:

Felandria
2013-06-03, 03:18 PM
My character would wish for the knowledge of how to pass the Test Of The Starstone.

Spuddles
2013-06-03, 03:27 PM
Sadly, I think both of these fall outside the realm of a single Wish's power.

Also, nice avatar :smallamused:

You can wish for a ring of 3 wishes, but have to pay the xp cost. Unless you are using a wish that doesnt cost xp, like say, from a genie or a pit fiend. Or if you shapechange into a Zodar.