PDA

View Full Version : Let's All Go Nuts with... the Plane of Radiance

sabelo2000
2013-06-01, 10:27 PM
So last session, I had failed to read up properly on prismatic spray and didn't realize one of the effects was to banish the target to another plane... until I happened to roll that against the party's Duelist.

Rather than determine a plane randomly, I chose to banish him to the Plane of Radiance (which I found in Dragon Magazine sometime ago, I forget which) since I plan on having a plot-centric adventure take place there much, much later. Seems like a good time to introduce.

However, I'm now stuck with the problem of I have no gorramm clue what sort of adventure to set in the Plane of Radiance while the party searches for their missing member. So I open the topic to you, The Playground: what sort of wacky, interesting, or random encounters, plots, or adventures would you set in a world that is essentially a cross between the Bifrost and Rainbowland?

Go nuts!

If anyone is curious about my plans, I intend for the party much later to retrieve a plot-centric MacGufffin from a non-evil Vampire who emigrated to the Plane of Radiance as a way to escape his need to feed on sentient beings (the Plane has the Timeless trait, so you don't hunger) as well as enjoy a luminous environment without being destroyed (the plane emits neither positive energy nor true sunlight). I plan to throw innovation to the dogs and fluff Radiance as a direct analogue to the Norse Bifrost, heck I might even include the Norse gods as an extinct pantheon and Radiance-Bifrost as their last remaining artefact.

erikun
2013-06-01, 11:21 PM
How can you have a plot-centric adventure on the Plane of Radiance if you have no clue how to design an adventure in the Plane of Radiance? :smalltongue:

The most obvious point of foreshadowing is to put something plot-relevant into the adventure. [Spoilers here] Something about the macguffin, or about the "new" vampire arrival, would be interesting to hear about - but not actually see.

As for what to do, what are your players interested in? (Especially the lost one.) Do they like combat? Social interaction? Just exploring places? Remember that even though Radiance is a whole lot of blinding nothing, that doesn't mean there is absolutely nothing there. Travelers pass through, factions exist, and chunks of land magically altered into rainbow castles of former (or current) residents could all be found there, if you want.

Slipperychicken
2013-06-01, 11:30 PM
cross between the Bifrost and Rainbowland?

Go nuts!

Reminds me of the Avengers movie portrayal of Asgard, with its rainbow-cannon (whose effects look suspiciously like a LoL base-teleport) instead of a bridge.