PDA

View Full Version : [PF]Profane Finesse

PlusSixPelican
2013-06-02, 11:44 AM
In needing to find an evil opposite to Bestow Grace, I wrote one up.

Profane Finesse

School evocation [evil]; Level antipaladin 2
---
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Components V, S, DF
---
Range touch
Targets one evil creature touched
Duration 1 minute/level
Saving Throw Will (harmless); Spell Resistance yes (harmless)

With this spell you can bestow your profane finesse on another evil creature for a short amount of time, infusing that creature with a portion of your unholy vice. When you touch the subject, you grant that creature a profane bonus to its saving throws equal to its Charisma bonus (if any) on all saving throws.

Thoughts?

Cedrass
2013-06-02, 11:54 AM
Unless you decide you want a spell for each alignment, I'd just go with "Target: one non-good creature touched". That way you'll have Bestow Grace for Good creatures and Profane Fitness for the others.

The rest seems perfectly fine. Maybe also add Clerics to the list of casters?

CosmicOccurence
2013-06-02, 01:38 PM
Unless you decide you want a spell for each alignment, I'd just go with "Target: one non-good creature touched". That way you'll have Bestow Grace for Good creatures and Profane Fitness for the others.

But then you have LN characters casting evil spells when they can't cast the good version. Doesn't really make sense.

eftexar
2013-06-02, 02:11 PM
I'm in agreement with CosmicOccurence. Besides I think some sort of miss chance or probability alteration goes better, with chaos, while law should be about enforcing something or other.

I am a tad confused with how the spell works though. Unless I'm missing something it targets one chaotic creature touched, but bestows the bonus on "another" good creature. Meanwhile it has the evil tag.

So if it can only target chaotic creature's then it can only bestow the bonus on a chaotic good creature? So then, why does it have the evil tag? I really don't see who would use this spell as is. Maybe chaotic neutral characters...

Also shouldn't it be an abjuration, rather than evocation, spell?

PlusSixPelican
2013-06-02, 02:26 PM

I mistyped, I meant evil. ^^

The original spell is a Paladin-only spell, and based on a Paladin class ability, so I don't exactly see Clerics using it.

And as for making it non-good, neutral people need to pick a side.

eftexar
2013-06-02, 02:35 PM
Speaking of alignment based spells I never understood why they were all separate spells to begin with. It seems to me you could just write it up like this:

Unnatural Grace
Abjuration [See Text]
Level: Clr 2, Paladin 2, Antipaladin 2, Alignment 2
Components: V, S, M, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature with same alignment on good/evil axis
Duration: 1 minute/level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

You grant a creature touched a bonus, profane for evil and sacred for good, equal to your charisma modifier to their AC. This spell has an alignment descriptor as appropriate for it's current use.
Special: A Cleric of neutral alignment that has chosen to turn undead is counted as good for the purposes of this spell, while one that has chose to rebuke is counted as evil for this purpose.

PlusSixPelican
2013-06-03, 06:58 PM
Why are Clerics casting a spell that's Paladin only? I would be less pokey about it if it wasn't specifically granting a Pallie's class feature.

eftexar
2013-06-03, 07:04 PM
Eh, I suppose. Much of it was just tacked on to make my point. Just remove the cleric references and it works perfectly.