PDA

View Full Version : Weave Requiem

Melcar
2013-06-02, 04:27 PM
So here it is, The last of the spells I'm going to share with you. You are probably tired of reading them all by now.

I hope you will comment on the following, so that it might be perfekt.

Thanks!

Melcar’s Weave Requiem
Abjuration
Level: sor/wiz 11
Components: V, S, M
Casting time: 6 hours
Range: Unlimited
Target: The Weave
Duration: Permanent
Saving Throw: Special
Spell resistance: No

As this powerful spell is channeled emerald, purple and red lightning swirl and arcs around the caster. The sky parts revealing the Weave in all its glory, which now glows with an eary green pulse. From the sky strands of pure weave energy flows into the caster. In a colossal flash, control of the weave shifts to the caster, effectively making him master of Magic. This however drains the caster 1 year of age per day of control. Every day a Spellcraft check (DC 97) and a will saving throw (DC: 62) is needed to maintain control. Any damage dealt while in control also requires a Consentration check (DC equal to damage dealt). Every day control is maintained the caster resieves + 1 bonus to the check and save. When in control of the Weave the caster reseaves the following abilities:

Deny Weave:
This ability works just as if the salient divine ability of Mystra. If uses on a deity, it is the number of days in control which determines the divine rank effected.

Automatic Spell control:
When in control of the weave one controls all arcane magic and therefor the caster can counter any spell that utilizes the weave. He can also cast any spell ever created at will.

Weave Attunement:
When in control of the Weave one can sense the presence of all magic in Fearûn, and must thusly take a will saving throw to comprehend the amount of knowledge. (DC: 62)

Ultimate Knowledge:
When controling the Weave, one gains an inside bonus to Knowledge Arcane and Spellcraft equal to his level + number of days in control.

If a sentient being, divine or mortal, is in control of the weave when this spell is cast, the being must atemt a will save to stay in control. If the save is failed control of the weave passes on to the caster.

If control of the weave have been established and then lost, the caster must succeed at a will save equal the the total days of control or forever die. If death uccurs from this, only a divine might can return the caster to life.

Material components:
7 Perfect Orbleens
7 Perfect Star Sapphires
7 Perfect Powdered Moonstones
7 Chardalyns
11 Weave Spheres
Blood from a prismatic dragon, great wyrm.
The heart of the Tarrasque
A powdered Demi Lich
The Spell: Melcar’s Magic Flow
The Spell: Greater Magical Flow Enhancement

The powdered demilich and the powdered moonstones are mixed and enchanted with 4 Weave Spheres by the spell Melcar’s Magic Flow. Thus creating Weave Dust, this is used to draw a circle of power.

In every Chardalyns Greater Magical Flow Enhancement is cast. The Star Sapphires and Orbleens are magically imbued with the magic in the heart of the Tarrasque and then placed strategically in the casting circle, so to give off their magical power.

When casting this spell, the caster drinks the dragon blood. After which his body is infused with magical essence.

As power begins to flow in the casting circle the remaining 7 Weave Spheres merge with the Chardalyns giving off their imbued spell 7 fold.

DMMike
2013-06-02, 05:31 PM
Those DCs for maintaining weave control look a bit high. You won't really have to worry about failing your Will save to maintain control when challenged by another caster, because you're just not going to make your Spellcraft check.

"Cast any spell ever created at will" should, at least, be toned down to "any non-Weave Requiem spell." Or better yet, "any 9th level spell, not to exceed your total allotted spells per day."

Also, it sounds like the spell requires open sky above the caster. Can it not be cast underground? Or from the Astral plane?

Looks good, but please, spell check. I'm afraid I misunderstood some ideas.

Melcar
2013-06-03, 02:11 AM
Those DCs for maintaining weave control look a bit high. You won't really have to worry about failing your Will save to maintain control when challenged by another caster, because you're just not going to make your Spellcraft check.

"Cast any spell ever created at will" should, at least, be toned down to "any non-Weave Requiem spell." Or better yet, "any 9th level spell, not to exceed your total allotted spells per day."

Also, it sounds like the spell requires open sky above the caster. Can it not be cast underground? Or from the Astral plane?

Looks good, but please, spell check. I'm afraid I misunderstood some ideas.

Thanks... I will run a spell check.

Any thoughts on the material components???

Eurus
2013-06-03, 04:33 AM
Thanks... I will run a spell check.

Any thoughts on the material components???

Not really. We don't even know how much they cost, but it's basically a plot requirement. I mean, I assume this isn't something that a player is going to use in an actual game? Seems more like a villain/NPC thing.

Melcar
2013-06-03, 11:44 AM
Not really. We don't even know how much they cost, but it's basically a plot requirement. I mean, I assume this isn't something that a player is going to use in an actual game? Seems more like a villain/NPC thing.

Well it’s more of a: "let’s see what the limits of power the DM will allow..."

It’s not a spell that is in game now, and I’m guessing it never will, but it’s like the Karsus' Avatar... trying to press the limits of possibility!!! And at the same time a thought experiment!!!

Max Caysey
2013-06-03, 05:55 PM
Well it’s more of a: "let’s see what the limits of power the DM will allow..."

It’s not a spell that is in game now, and I’m guessing it never will, but it’s like the Karsus' Avatar... trying to press the limits of possibility!!! And at the same time a thought experiment!!!

I would say, that whatever the components are, make them a cool ingame experience getting hold of!

I always feel thats very important!!!:smallbiggrin:

And yes, it has some Karsus' Folly-ishness over it, but what the hell. If it works for you!