PDA

View Full Version : getting more attacks of opportunity?

KernalCheddar
2013-06-02, 08:08 PM
hi everyone, I'm starting a new gestalt campaign of pathfinder with all 3.5 material allowed, and I decided to build a tank for the team, since we have a large number of squishies. however the build I ended up using has dex as a dump stat, so that throws combat reflexes out the window, and I'm not aware of any other ways to get extra attacks of opportunity other than that. does anyone here know of any?

SciChronic
2013-06-03, 04:13 AM
The 5th level Diamond Mind maneuver Rapid Counter gives you a pseudo-AoO.

Combat reflexes really is the best way to go tbh. If you tell us the build, we could possibly make suggestions to reduce your MAD so that you can put points into Dex.

Darrin
2013-06-03, 08:31 AM
Bracers of Opportunity (2300 GP, Magic Item Compendium). Gain another AoO 2/day. Cheap enough you can buy half a dozen or so and just swap in a new one after every encounter.

KernalCheddar
2013-06-03, 10:31 AM
Bracers of Opportunity (2300 GP, Magic Item Compendium). Gain another AoO 2/day. Cheap enough you can buy half a dozen or so and just swap in a new one after every encounter.

hmm... this seems like a great option but it might not be enough. there's a good chance I'll be able to convince my DM to allow me to buy a custom magic item that is this but more times per day though, so ill check with him on that.

The 5th level Diamond Mind maneuver Rapid Counter gives you a pseudo-AoO.

Combat reflexes really is the best way to go tbh. If you tell us the build, we could possibly make suggestions to reduce your MAD so that you can put points into Dex.

we started off at level 2, but the campaign is projected to go much farther into the future. as of right now I am crusader2//mineral warrior1/warblade1 and on the right side I had planned on taking levels in the pathfinder egoist, then taking a 2 level dip in deepwarden for the con to AC, and then taking the rest of my levels in the pathfinder prestige class metamorph. so if we got to level 20 it would look like

crusader20//mineral warrior1/warblade1/egoist5/deepwarden/metamorph10

we're using a 32 point buy, so I'm on using the stats: str: 16, (+2 human)(+2 mineral warrior) con: 18 (+4 mineral warrior), dex: 7 int: 16 (-2 mineral warrior), wis: 13 (-2 mineral warrior), cha 7 (-2 mineral warrior)

so final stats at level 2 are str: 20, con: 22, dex: 7, int: 14, wis: 11, cha: 5

feats are (planned) as follows:

level 1 (extra granted maneuver, power attack, combat expertise)
level 3 (improved metamorphosis, req. flavor feat)
level 5 (endurance)
level 6 (gain track from deepwarden)
level 7 (improved trip)
level 9 (Swift Shapeshifter, ?)

unfortunately we already started the campaign, so I dont think the DM will allow me to change stats, even though we've only had one session.