View Full Version : Translation of "Lords of Creation"

Kaworu
2013-06-02, 08:23 PM
Hi gianters! :-D

So, basically, I want to translate Lords of Creation into my native Polish. I would like to publish the translation on the website/poltar Polter.pl (http://polter.pl/), which is probably the biggest Polish site for fantasy geeks. Later, I would like to publish the translation on Wikisources. I will not claim any authorship other than translation itself nor get any money or commercial publication. Authors and Giantitp forum will be posted in visible place.

Yet, there are some issues that make me somehow reluctant...

1. I do not know the license of LoC. Public domain, one of Creative Commons, GNU? I suppose it's important if I want to annouce the translation publictly.
2. Money issue. Even if I won't take any money, Polter will get some by ads. Perhaps it's kinda obvious, but I want to underline this.
3. I believe I should have clear "go ahead" signal from creators of LoC before I will do something. Without their knowledge and consent the whole project would be... y'know.
4. I do not know when I will translate LoC (assuming I will get a concession). Right now I also translate Eclipse Phase, so it can take some time. You can be sure that I will post link in this topic when I publish the work.

Grinner
2013-06-02, 08:37 PM
Just do it. It is and always has been a community project; nobody's going to bite your head off over it.